Already a member?
HTC TyTN (Cingular 8525)
TyTN Release Date: July 2006
(a.k.a. Hermes, Vodafone 1605, MDA Vario II, Orange SPV M3100, AT&T 8525)
- Does anyone out there have the TyTN? Share a review or comments
SpecificationsThe various versions of the TyTn/Hermes appear to be for carrier branding and input button design only - all appear to have the same CPU.
TyTn specs are listed here.
Need Help?FAQs and Troubleshooting for the TyTN are right here.
OverviewThe HTC TyTN 3G Microsoft ® Windows Mobile ® 5.0 based Pocket PC phone, with its compact size and ultimate connectivity, is truly the complete mobile office solution. Roam anywhere in the world and use the high speed internet access, Bluetooth ® and Wi-Fi ®. It gives you more control than ever over the way you work.
- High speed internet with worldwide 3G
- Full connectivity with Tri-Band UMTS, Quad-Band EDGE, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Instant access to email
- Sliding keyboard for easy typing
- Secondary camera for video telephony
- Synchronised music and pictures for easy playback and management
Important Note:Some HTC TyTN devices have a screen alignment problem. HTC will not replace it after two weeks, you can only get it repaired. So push it hard and make it hot on your first week after buying it to see if the screen alignment problem appears on your device, otherwise the screen alignment problem may appear later and your device will not be replaced, only repaired as per HTC DOA. If you are thinking of buying an HTC TyTN, make sure you get an HTC636 or higher serrial number. Avoid S/N HTC62XXX and HTC63[1-5]XXX
However, it should be noted that some people have devices through various network providers whose serial numbers fall into this "avoid" range, which work fine but aesthetically look slightly different (in this editor's case, his replacement device is an HT634 from T-Mobile UK, and the metallic bezel around the right-hand side of the screen is ever so slightly recessed into the case, as opposed to his first model, where the metal bezel was flush with the plastic casing either side of it). His first model developed the alignment fault the day it was due to be replaced, and the replacement has been fine ever since (several months ago). Your mileage may vary with this issue, but it is advised to seek the higher model numbers which should be fairly easy to do now they are in wider circulation.
- xda-developers HTC TyTN / Hermes wiki - lots of downloadable fixes for misfeatures
- Official HTC TyTN Product Page (Europe)
- HTC Support page (America) with downloadable manuals
- Cingular 8525 Free Software Repository- User buildable database of free software that works on the TyTN and Cingular 8525
- HTC TyTN Freeware
- HTC TyTN Software
- Cingular 8525, MDA Vario II software
- Daylight Savings 2007 patch Locate the download specific to your device model.
- PDAtuner internet radio in both Windows Media and mp3 formats - For Free Trial visit www.pdatuner.com/free on your pda/smartphone
- WM6 for the AT&T version of the TyTN (8525)-Only available until February 1, 2008.
- HTCMobiles.com: News & Reviews - HTC TyTN FIrstlook
- msmobiles.com - Review: in touch with the HTC TyTN - 3G in your pockets
- MoDaCo.com: Hands on with the SPV M3100 (HTC Hermes)
- Mobility Today: Video review of HTC TyTN
- TyTN Big Review with 35 images
- How To Watch YouTube Videos - Instructions on how to view YouTube on your mobile device.
|Latest page update: made by eguy , May 1 2008, 8:14 PM EDT (about this update About This Update Edited by eguy
2 images added
1 image deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: AT&T 8525 Dopod 838 Pro Dopod CHT 9000 HTC Hermes HTC TyTN O2 XDA trion Orange SPV M3100 T-Mobile MDA Vario II VPA Compact III
More Info: links to this page
Bookmark: Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Facebook
(Showing the last 5 of 391 - view all)
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|alves.ml||HELP I NEED A MAINBORD FOR CINGULAR 8525||0||Sunday, 10:00 PM EST by alves.ml|
Thread started: Sunday, 10:00 PM EST Watch
Dear friends, I need to find a mainboard to cingular 8525, where I can find this part?
Compensate to change this part? Here in Brazil they had charged me approximately 300 dollars for the part, more 60 dollars for the service. It will be that I will have that to disassemble mine hermes and to sell the working parts?
Excuse me for my poor English.
Thanks for all!
Do you find this valuable?
|Juliylilo||Lock touch screen||5||Sunday, 8:25 PM EST by Anonymous|
Thread started: Dec 20 2007, 7:23 PM EST Watch
I would like to know if there is any way to lock or unable momentarily the touch screen of the telephone ATT 8525 while you are in a call. Becasue it is pretty anoying to realize after you finish the call that you inadvertedly erase an email or something else with your ear.
Thanks a lot
|Anonymous||Change Alarm Sounds (page: 1 2 3)||41||Dec 10 2008, 8:07 PM EST by Anonymous|
Thread started: Dec 3 2006, 2:38 PM EST Watch
I just purchased an 8525. Does anyone know how to add to the list of sounds for the Alarm (possibly use an .mp3)? Also does anyone know where you can get an adaptor to use a 3.5 mm headphone on this unit?
|Anonymous||8525 Active Sync Support Code 85020006 after Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade||18||Dec 6 2008, 9:12 AM EST by Anonymous|
Thread started: Feb 19 2008, 3:29 PM EST Watch
ISeveral of the devices when plugged into the user's computers via USB get the Active Sync error: Cannot connect with current connection settings. To check your connection settings, select Start, then Settings. Support Code: 85020006.
The device syncs using the data connection just fine, and also is able to access the internet so I know it is not the internet or mail server settings.
The thing is that this device has the exact same settings as another working device but the working device does not get the error when connected to the PC.
I have checked the following settings on the non-working device vs. the working device:
1) Start > Settings > Connections tab > Connections > Media Net > Manage existing connections
2) Start > Settings > Connections tab > Connections > Advanced tab > Select Networks > Media Net & My Work Network
3) Offline Active Sync > Menu > Options > Microsoft Exchange > Settings >
4) Active Sync > Menu > Schedule
5) Active Sync > Menu > Configure Server
6) Active Sync > Menu > Connections
I have checked the following settings in Active Sync on the PC with device plugged in and connected:
A) File > Connection Settings
B) Tools > Options > Microsoft Exchange
C) Tools > Options > Settings
D) Tools > Options > Schedule tab
E) Tools > Options > Security Tab
F) Tools > Configure Server Source
There is nothing on the MS Websites and all other instructions on other forums are too vague to follow.
Anybody know what to do to resolve this error?
8 out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?
|vinnie1||8525 Back up phone contacts||8||Dec 5 2008, 3:31 PM EST by Anonymous|
Thread started: Dec 23 2007, 3:57 PM EST Watch
hey does anyone know how i can back up my phone numbers (contacts in my phone) to my computer. every time i sync it adds all my email addresses from my computer to my phone contacts, which i do not want. i would just like to have a copy of all the phone numbers in my phone on my computer in case something happens to the phone. can any one tell me how i can do this.
4 out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?
(Showing the last 5 of 391 - view all)
2.jpg (JPEG Image - 4k)
posted by bellydansa Aug 29 2007, 7:57 AM EDT
This attachment has no description.
GSM_Vista32_ModemDriver.zip (Compressed Archive - 10k)
posted by browntannis Jun 4 2007, 12:42 PM EDT
USB Modem driver (Vista)
8525 USB Modem.zip (Compressed Archive - 616k)
posted by browntannis Jun 4 2007, 12:41 PM EDT
USB Modem Driver (Non Vista)