• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Is microSDHC compatible with Hermes (AT&T 8525)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

fmzarrinkelk

fmzarrinkelk
Is microSDHC compatible with Hermes (AT&T 8525)
Nov 20 2007, 11:36 PM EST
Hi,

The AT&T 8525 (AKA Hermes) has a microSD card slot.

I am about to buy a 6GB microSDHC and was wondering whether it is compatible.

I would appreciate your guidance on this matter.

Thanks a lot,

Frank
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Is microSDHC compatible with Hermes (AT&T 8525)
Nov 22 2007, 7:12 PM EST
Hi Frank,

I see no one replied to your post. I was wondering the same thing. I don't think it would under WM5, but am not sure with WM6. Have you tried it out yet? I would like to get a 6GB card also but fear it will not work.

Let me know if you have found out?

Thanks,
Tim
Rainman76
Rainman76
Nov 22 2007, 8:18 PM EST
There have been a lot of discussions here regarding this topic. Under Windows Mobile 5, you cannot use MicroSDHC cards. You would be limited to 2GB. Now, under Windows Mobile 6, HTC has said that the 8525 does not support MicroSDHC officially, but there have been posters here who have used the 6GB cards with no problem.

If you decide to purchase one and it doesn't work, make sure you know the retailer's return policy in case you need to return the card. Hope this helps.
fmzarrinkelk

fmzarrinkelk
Nov 23 2007, 4:19 PM EST
Thanks for your reply. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 15 2007, 2:48 PM EST
I bought a SDHC 6 GB card, tried it, does not see it, sent it back. Also got a PQI 2 GB card, 2 of them, one works, the other does not, will send it back to Newegg. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 15 2007, 6:20 PM EST
Have you installed the new ROM (from http://www.america.htc.com/support/8525/software-downloads.html) which is Windows Mobile 6? Or do you still use WM5?
fmzarrinkelk

fmzarrinkelk
Dec 17 2007, 1:04 PM EST
OK, I finally took the chance and bought a 6GB microSDHC (from SanDisk), and was pleased to find out that it worked fine on my AT&T 8525 (Hermes) that had been upgraded with the latest ROM (from http://www.america.htc.com/support/8525/software-downloads.html), which is Windows Mobile 6. 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 18 2008, 3:55 PM EDT
I just purchased a SanDisk 8 gb microSDHC card from TigerDirect. My 8525 has windows Mobile 6.1 installed on it. It seems to recognize and write to the 8 GB flash. To reduce the chance of problems, I took the following steps. 1. put 8GB microSDHC in my Laptop's flash port. 2. Put my old 2 GB flash into a USB flash reader. I let my laptop move the files over from my old 2 gig to my new 8 gig. Popped the 8 gb microSDHC into my 8525, and Voila' It booted right up, and was recognized as 8 GB (Actual disk space was 7782.65 Mb ). 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Oct 28 2008, 1:35 PM EDT
"I just purchased a SanDisk 8 gb microSDHC card from TigerDirect. My 8525 has windows Mobile 6.1 installed on it. It seems to recognize and write to the 8 GB flash. To reduce the chance of problems, I took the following steps. 1. put 8GB microSDHC in my Laptop's flash port. 2. Put my old 2 GB flash into a USB flash reader. I let my laptop move the files over from my old 2 gig to my new 8 gig. Popped the 8 gb microSDHC into my 8525, and Voila' It booted right up, and was recognized as 8 GB (Actual disk space was 7782.65 Mb ). "
How were you able to get windows 6.1 on your 8525 is it an official rom? I have been searching for one for my phone since they came out with 6.1 I haven't tried the unofficial ones yet incase they do come out with the original. if so please post the link if possible. thank you Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors