• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Change Alarm SoundsThis is a featured thread

Previous | 1 2 3 

Anonymous
40. RE: Change Alarm Sounds
Nov 22 2008, 7:49 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2008, 7:49 AM EST
"Hi everything.
I've tried everything above and it still doesn't work using Windows Alarms"1st step:convert mp3 file to wav
2nd step:put it in windows folder
3rd step:go to clocks and alarms
4th step:click the bell icon
5th step:under play sound select the list of drop down sounds
6th step:use ur stylus to hold the file(do not let go, or else it will go back to default)
7th step:press ur dpad (the button in between the green and red button) to select the file"

This doesn't work as when it's time for the alarm goes off there is simply no sound. I also turned the VIBRATE on and that still doesn't work.

I have downloaded Spoonalarms but it's a little sketchy as the first 2 times it went of the phone crashed and needed a restart. It also doesn't have the handy feature of choosing specific days for the alarm to go off.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

M
"
yea, it didn't work for me too. any other suggestions?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
41. RE: Change Alarm Sounds
Dec 10 2008, 8:07 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 10 2008, 8:07 PM EST
It worked for me on the cruise but the trick is not forgetting the last two steps of holding with the stylus then hitting the pad to confirm I only tried it once so far so I don't know if it will hold or crash later though

Anonymous
42. RE: Change Alarm Sounds
Dec 25 2008, 10:26 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 25 2008, 10:26 AM EST
HTC Touch 3G
Same problem as you
My sound appears in the list, but no sound anyway.
Did use Spoonalarm, but no reminder of the alarm time on the desktop, and no control of the volume
MartinaCale

MartinaCale
43. RE: Change Alarm Sounds
May 15 2009, 6:26 AM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2009, 6:26 AM EDT
I know that thismu=ight sound a little daft, but I cant find the windows folder. Can you help
denco7
denco7
44. RE: Change Alarm Sounds
May 15 2009, 6:33 AM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2009, 6:33 AM EDT
"I know that thismu=ight sound a little daft, but I cant find the windows folder. Can you help"
Start>programs>File Explorer> My Device>windows

In file explorer, find your alarm tone, must be a .wav file, edit>copy>paste in to the windows folder.
MartinaCale

MartinaCale
45. RE: Change Alarm Sounds
May 15 2009, 7:50 PM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2009, 7:50 PM EDT
Thanks. i did and it works. I now have another problem in that its telling me that all but 2mb of my storage is being used. When i move things to my internal storage like the music i cant use it for ring tones. I have looked through the system and I have nothing left to move but it still tells me I have no storage left on the device.
Any ideas?
denco7
denco7
46. RE: Change Alarm Sounds
May 15 2009, 9:47 PM EDT | Post edited: May 16 2009, 8:02 PM EDT
"Thanks. i did and it works. I now have another problem in that its telling me that all but 2mb of my storage is being used. When i move things to my internal storage like the music i cant use it for ring tones. I have looked through the system and I have nothing left to move but it still tells me I have no storage left on the device.
Any ideas?"
Try these two cabs, to clean out your phone. One cleans out your ram and the other cleans out temporary files.

http://www.4shared.com/file/103756674/4e5960b6/ClearTemp-v121.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/105822465/8c0579a7/htcAddicts_cleanRAM_v131.html
MartinaCale

MartinaCale
47. RE: Change Alarm Sounds
May 16 2009, 12:11 AM EDT | Post edited: May 16 2009, 12:11 AM EDT
Thanks so much. I now have nearly 7 mb free on the device storage and 36mb on the program storage.
can you tell me is it the system that uses so muchof the device storage? if so how can I safely move some of that to the internal storage? Thanks
denco7
denco7
48. RE: Change Alarm Sounds
May 16 2009, 8:06 PM EDT | Post edited: May 16 2009, 8:06 PM EDT
"Thanks so much. I now have nearly 7 mb free on the device storage and 36mb on the program storage.
can you tell me is it the system that uses so muchof the device storage? if so how can I safely move some of that to the internal storage? Thanks"
Just go into File Explorer and start to copy and paste. The only things that you really need on your device, are your ringtones and your pim file (contacts ) pretty much everything else can be stored on a SD card.
MartinaCale

MartinaCale
49. RE: Change Alarm Sounds
Yesterday, 6:45 AM EDT | Post edited: Yesterday, 6:45 AM EDT
Thanks heaps you've been a great help.
Now if I can pick your brain once more. I have tried to download some themes but the pictures are not coming across to the today screen. The only themes I seem to be able to find are .tsk which clearly dont work. The CAB files i have found suggest downloading to a file I can;t find and the iphone theme link doesn't work anymore.
Any idease??? i would be most greatful
Thanks
Previous | 1 2 3 

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)