• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: 8525 Active Sync Support Code 85020006 after Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
8525 Active Sync Support Code 85020006 after Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade
Feb 19 2008, 3:29 PM EST
ISeveral of the devices when plugged into the user's computers via USB get the Active Sync error: Cannot connect with current connection settings. To check your connection settings, select Start, then Settings. Support Code: 85020006.

The device syncs using the data connection just fine, and also is able to access the internet so I know it is not the internet or mail server settings.

The thing is that this device has the exact same settings as another working device but the working device does not get the error when connected to the PC.

I have checked the following settings on the non-working device vs. the working device:
1) Start > Settings > Connections tab > Connections > Media Net > Manage existing connections
2) Start > Settings > Connections tab > Connections > Advanced tab > Select Networks > Media Net & My Work Network
3) Offline Active Sync > Menu > Options > Microsoft Exchange > Settings >
4) Active Sync > Menu > Schedule
5) Active Sync > Menu > Configure Server
6) Active Sync > Menu > Connections

I have checked the following settings in Active Sync on the PC with device plugged in and connected:
A) File > Connection Settings
B) Tools > Options > Microsoft Exchange
C) Tools > Options > Settings
D) Tools > Options > Schedule tab
E) Tools > Options > Security Tab
F) Tools > Configure Server Source

There is nothing on the MS Websites and all other instructions on other forums are too vague to follow.

Anybody know what to do to resolve this error?
8  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: 8525 Active Sync Support Code 85020006 after Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade
Feb 19 2008, 10:01 PM EST
"ISeveral of the devices when plugged into the user's computers via USB get the Active Sync error: Cannot connect with current connection settings. To check your connection settings, select Start, then Settings. Support Code: 85020006.

The device syncs using the data connection just fine, and also is able to access the internet so I know it is not the internet or mail server settings.

The thing is that this device has the exact same settings as another working device but the working device does not get the error when connected to the PC.

I have checked the following settings on the non-working device vs. the working device:
1) Start > Settings > Connections tab > Connections > Media Net > Manage existing connections
2) Start > Settings > Connections tab > Connections > Advanced tab > Select Networks > Media Net & My Work Network
3) Offline Active Sync > Menu > Options > Microsoft Exchange > Settings >
4) Active Sync > Menu > Schedule
5) Active Sync > Menu > Configure Server
6) Active Sync > Menu > Connections

I have checked the following settings in Active Sync on the PC with device plugged in and connected:
A) File > Connection Settings
B) Tools > Options > Microsoft Exchange
C) Tools > Options > Settings
D) Tools > Options > Schedule tab
E) Tools > Options > Security Tab
F) Tools > Configure Server Source

There is nothing on the MS Websites and all other instructions on other forums are too vague to follow.

Anybody know what to do to resolve this error?"
It sounds like the device is trying to use the PC's internet connection when it is plugged in and cant due to a registry setting on the PC. I had this issue on my last laptop but never got the chance to get into the registry (per some forums I found talking about this issue) as it was replaced. 4  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 6 2008, 4:15 PM EST
On your computer, open ActiveSync - Click on "File" - "Connection Settings". In the field titled "This computer is connected to:" select "The Internet". Then press "OK". This should take care of your problem... at least it did for me... 61  out of 71 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: 8525 Active Sync Support Code 85020006 after Windows Mobile 6 Upgr
Mar 10 2008, 10:31 PM EDT
hi,

i had all these problems and was getting nowhere. i was running WM 5 with no trouble whatsoever and never quite got round to installing WM6. fear of change or something like that. so, anyway, one day my dopod 838pro suddenly stopped synching with the server via USB to my work PC. it would synch from home through my home wi-fi, but not through work PC. PC IT guy stumpted.

several hard reboots and re-installs of Activesynch 4.5 later, it still wouldn't work.

i then tried to install WM6. alas, getting the same problem.

i've finally lucked out. the following settings work.

on pc try setting as follows:

File > connection settings:
click "allow connection settings to one of the following" and choose com 1.
on "this computer is connected to" choose the Internet.

on PDA File >settings> connections > USB to PC, it is ok to check the "enable enhanced functionality box".

the above works for me. synching is slower than before, but at least it synchs. the problem seems almost totally random. good luck in fixing what is a frustrating problem.

it'd be good if HTC gave some definitive advice. is anyone at HTC listening on this?

17  out of 19 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 27 2008, 7:02 PM EDT
Hello All!

I had the exact same problem with connecting my 8525 to my windows vista conputer which uses Windows Mobile Device Center. Everything was working correctly on the phone, but I got the error posted in this thread on the PC when trying to sync.

I went into the Windows Mobile Device Center>Mobile Device Settings>Connections Settings and in the dropdown selection for "The computer is connected to:" , I selected "The Internet". After this the sync performed just fine.

Hope this helps!
14  out of 17 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 8 2008, 8:29 AM EDT
"On your computer, open ActiveSync - Click on "File" - "Connection Settings". In the field titled "This computer is connected to:" select "The Internet". Then press "OK". This should take care of your problem... at least it did for me..."
Not sure why it fixed it, but it did. Thanks man. 5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 9 2008, 10:15 AM EDT
Dude,
Same error, but I had the "Connect to internet" checked. Based on your thread though, I unchecked "allow data connections on device while connected to pc", and that cleared it up too.

Also, as an FYI, the problem goes away if you switch your phone to "airplane" mode before hooking up to sync. This kills all connection "stuff", and thus got the syncing working.

Anybody know what the heck is going on here?

Thanks for the brainwaves.
2  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 26 2008, 12:55 AM EDT
Hi All,

I select the following:
open ActiveSync - Click on "File" - "Connection Settings". In the field titled "This computer is connected to:"select "The Internet". Then press "OK".

But it didn't resolve my issue I then did the following:

open ActiveSync - Click on "File" - "Connection Settings". In the field titled "Allow connections to one of the following"

It was set to COM1 and I set it to COM3 and then press "OK".

Presto all working
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 29 2008, 5:34 PM EDT
"hi,

i had all these problems and was getting nowhere. i was running WM 5 with no trouble whatsoever and never quite got round to installing WM6. fear of change or something like that. so, anyway, one day my dopod 838pro suddenly stopped synching with the server via USB to my work PC. it would synch from home through my home wi-fi, but not through work PC. PC IT guy stumpted.

several hard reboots and re-installs of Activesynch 4.5 later, it still wouldn't work.

on PDA File >settings> connections > USB to PC, it is ok to check the "enable enhanced functionality box".

the above works for me. synching is slower than before, but at least it synchs. the problem seems almost totally random. good luck in fixing what is a frustrating problem.

it'd be good if HTC gave some definitive advice. is anyone at HTC listening on this?

"
I found the above worked for me (same error) but UNchecked
on PDA File >settings> connections > USB to PC: "enable enhanced functionality box".
6  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 30 2008, 12:39 PM EDT
This did the trick. Thanks so much!!!! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 1 2008, 7:16 PM EDT
This worked for me also. Thanks. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 2 2008, 6:42 AM EDT
"hi,

"
Hi, I had this same error on Moto Q9. It was in my case the login & password to our corporate Server was not configure on the Q9. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 19 2008, 9:25 AM EDT
"I tried all the above, but nothing helped. I did get it to work by changing the PC ActiveSync options from Microsoft Exchange to Windows PC Work."
Hope this helps. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 29 2008, 9:02 PM EDT
"On your computer, open ActiveSync - Click on "File" - "Connection Settings". In the field titled "This computer is connected to:" select "The Internet". Then press "OK". This should take care of your problem... at least it did for me..."
Changing the field "This computer is connected to:" to "The Internet" worked for me as well. My device is connected to my laptop via USB. My laptop is using our WiFi at home to connect to the internet. I am also connected via VPN to my work net work, but no problems. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 8 2008, 2:18 PM EDT
I work from home via a wi-fi VPN and the following resolved my problem 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 24 2008, 2:25 PM EDT
"Dude,
Same error, but I had the "Connect to internet" checked. Based on your thread though, I unchecked "allow data connections on device while connected to pc", and that cleared it up too.

Also, as an FYI, the problem goes away if you switch your phone to "airplane" mode before hooking up to sync. This kills all connection "stuff", and thus got the syncing working.

Anybody know what the heck is going on here?

Thanks for the brainwaves."
That saved me a bunch of time--thanks!! When I attempted to sync my 8525 and my new vista machine, I lost all of my contacts and everything in my calendar!! Luckily, I had synced the phone and my work computer last month, so I imported from my other pc, followed your suggestions and it synced okay. Thanks.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: ActiveSync HTC3600 Vista WindowsMobileDevC after Win Mobile 6 Upgr
Aug 3 2008, 3:02 AM EDT
Thanks I found this thread helpful - my HTC (p3600 - Dopod 810) with ActiveSync 4.5 / WM6 would not sync with new install of Vista on laptop(after download and install of Windows Mobile Device Centre) - even though the PDA had already installed and was working fine as a HSPDA 3G modem when connected by USB cable....... But immediately on unchecking Start>Settings>Connections>USBtoPC>Enable advanced network functionality (as per this forum) then Vista Windows Mobile Device Centre recognized the device and installed drivers and PDA got connected......then ........ WARNING: as soon as you setup / change ANY sync setting in WMDC (eg address book etc) WMDC immediately auto-syncs without asking you (!stupid) - so make sure you have backups in case the sync changes/wipes data from your PC or PDA in ways you dont want ! Do you find this valuable?    
cbielich

cbielich
Sep 14 2008, 12:46 PM EDT
Ok tried it all, nothing worked. Anything else? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Saturday, 9:12 AM EST
I didnt read though most of these, but if anyone is having problems with EXCHANGE sync you just change it from THE INTERNET to WORK and it works fine, thanks for the help above. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors