• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?This is a featured thread

2  | Next

Anonymous
Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 9 2008, 6:06 PM EDT | Post edited: May 9 2008, 6:06 PM EDT
Is it possible to get windows mobile 6.1 on the original tytn?
If so, where can I download the rom?
Thanks!
9  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
1. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 9 2008, 6:38 PM EDT | Post edited: May 9 2008, 6:38 PM EDT
"Is it possible to get windows mobile 6.1 on the original tytn?
If so, where can I download the rom?
Thanks!"
At this time there are no plans to release an "official" WM6.1 ROM for the Hermes (TyTN/AT&T 8525). You can probably find cooked ROMs for the TyTN over at www.xda-developers.com. Just be aware that you do run the risk of bricking your phone if you put a cooked ROM onto your device. So be sure you understand what you are doing before attempting this type of ROM flashing.
11  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 24 2008, 6:11 AM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2008, 6:11 AM EDT
I hope that HTC releases an official WM6.1 for TyTN. I know that they want us to buy new devices and one step to "force" it is to not upgrade the old ones, but the TyTN is, in my opinion, the trademark machine of HTC and it's not too old. The fact is that we only need the operative system updated not neccesarily the third part applications (but it's welcomed too).

It's sad that the only way to get an update is using non official ROMs since the upgrade from Microsoft is free :(

Please HTC, release it!

Best regards.
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
3. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 24 2008, 7:24 AM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2008, 7:24 AM EDT
"I hope that HTC releases an official WM6.1 for TyTN. I know that they want us to buy new devices and one step to "force" it is to not upgrade the old ones, but the TyTN is, in my opinion, the trademark machine of HTC and it's not too old. The fact is that we only need the operative system updated not neccesarily the third part applications (but it's welcomed too).

It's sad that the only way to get an update is using non official ROMs since the upgrade from Microsoft is free :(

Please HTC, release it!

Best regards."
they have already released it - log on to HTC e-club! But 6.1 is worst than 6, thats for sure..
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
4. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 24 2008, 7:59 AM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2008, 7:59 AM EDT
"they have already released it - log on to HTC e-club! But 6.1 is worst than 6, thats for sure.."
That release was for the TyTN II .HTC has said they have no plans to release a6.1 Rom upgrade for the Hermes.
8  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
eric_h

eric_h
5. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 28 2008, 3:41 PM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2008, 3:41 PM EDT
Hi guys, I spent a few hours in this forum to see if WM6.1 is available for HTC tytn I (not II !) and I could
not find the information. So can anyone tell me how to upgrade my htc tytn with WM5.0 to WM6.1 please?
I have an account on HTC-eClub but upgrade is not there :-(
That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Eric
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
6. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 28 2008, 3:48 PM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2008, 3:48 PM EDT
"Hi guys, I spent a few hours in this forum to see if WM6.1 is available for HTC tytn I (not II !) and I could
not find the information. So can anyone tell me how to upgrade my htc tytn with WM5.0 to WM6.1 please?
I have an account on HTC-eClub but upgrade is not there :-(
That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Eric
"
HTC has not announced an update for the TYtN and I doubt that one will be forth coming. HTC is in the business of selling new phones not upgrading older ones. There are many ways to upgrade your phone through custom or " cooked " roms.
4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
eric_h

eric_h
7. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 28 2008, 6:26 PM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2008, 6:26 PM EDT
Thanks for the reply.
However I spent some time on the net to find cooked roms for HTC Tytn I and did not find one ... If you say there are "many ways", can
you tell me a few ?? :-) Thanks in advance, regards,
Eric
Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
8. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 28 2008, 6:51 PM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2008, 6:51 PM EDT
"Thanks for the reply.
However I spent some time on the net to find cooked roms for HTC Tytn I and did not find one ... If you say there are "many ways", can
you tell me a few ?? :-) Thanks in advance, regards,
Eric
"
Look at http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=306 to see your upgrading options.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
9. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 29 2008, 1:38 PM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2008, 1:38 PM EDT
Thanks ... very interesting address, I am going further.
I downloaded Pays_WWE_305_Final_Full.rar and PN9b1_WITH_MMS_RUU.rar, then did as explained at
http://www.mrvanx.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=69&Itemid=26
But first Autodetect does not work, so I had to check SPL 2.10 and Hard SPL as told in this page,
but then a few screens later it says the image file is corrupted and it stops there.
Can you tell me what I am missing ??
Thanks a lot,
Eric
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
babudpoa
babudpoa
10. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 29 2008, 3:09 PM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2008, 3:09 PM EDT
"That release was for the TyTN II .HTC has said they have no plans to release a6.1 Rom upgrade for the Hermes."
I checked in HTC e club, i found only "value added upgrades (arabic) " that is not the 6.1, any ideas? i own HTC TyTn II from UAE, no carriers, any sugestions?
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
11. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 29 2008, 5:29 PM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2008, 5:29 PM EDT
"Thanks ... very interesting address, I am going further.
I downloaded Pays_WWE_305_Final_Full.rar and PN9b1_WITH_MMS_RUU.rar, then did as explained at
http://www.mrvanx.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=69&Itemid=26
But first Autodetect does not work, so I had to check SPL 2.10 and Hard SPL as told in this page,
but then a few screens later it says the image file is corrupted and it stops there.
Can you tell me what I am missing ??
Thanks a lot,
Eric
"
Is your phone carrier locked?
eric_h

eric_h
12. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 29 2008, 6:17 PM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2008, 6:17 PM EDT
Oh yes it is locked ... is it the reason? So I have to unlock it before upgrading?
Eric
denco7
denco7
13. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 29 2008, 6:24 PM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2008, 6:24 PM EDT
"Oh yes it is locked ... is it the reason? So I have to unlock it before upgrading?
Eric
"
If your phone is carrier locked, it is locked to your carrier's rom. It must be cid unlocked before any non carrier rom flashing can be done.
eric_h

eric_h
14. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 29 2008, 7:30 PM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2008, 7:30 PM EDT
Ok that's what I thought but was not sure.
I downloaded HTC_Hermes_SIM_CID_Unlock_v3a.zip but it says it's at my risk and it comes with no warranty,
so I am a bit afraid to try unlock. What do you think ? Should I trust it?
By the way what is the difference between SIM and CID?
Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciated!
Eric
denco7
denco7
15. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 29 2008, 10:18 PM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2008, 10:18 PM EDT
"Ok that's what I thought but was not sure.
I downloaded HTC_Hermes_SIM_CID_Unlock_v3a.zip but it says it's at my risk and it comes with no warranty,
so I am a bit afraid to try unlock. What do you think ? Should I trust it?
By the way what is the difference between SIM and CID?
Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciated!
Eric
"
Go to http:// wiki.xda-developers.com find the Hermes wiki. they will have all the how to's on cid unlocking , Flashing HardSpl then flashing a new rom. The procedure itself is simple. But only if you read and understand the process. If you do something wrong or out of order, you brick your phone. No replacement no warranty. A $300 doorstop

CID is the carrier id, it does not allow you to flash any rom other than the carriers rom. The cid unlock allows you to flash a cooked or HTC rom onto a Cingular or some other carrier phone.

A sim unlock allows you to put in the sim card of another carrier and use your phone on that carriers network. Any File you find in XDA's Wiki has probably been tested hundreds of times you they are safe to use. But again, read and understand BEFORE you start.

eric_h

eric_h
16. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
May 30 2008, 1:24 PM EDT | Post edited: May 30 2008, 1:24 PM EDT
Ok at last I did all that today, CID and SIM unlocking, WM5.0 to 6.1 upgrade ... a bit stressfull but everything went ok !!!
So I hope this thread can help other people.
My carrier is Rogers and my phone HTC TYTN (Hermes 200).
Many thanks for your help denco7 ! Best regards,
Eric
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
17. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
Jun 4 2008, 10:54 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 4 2008, 10:54 AM EDT
"Ok at last I did all that today, CID and SIM unlocking, WM5.0 to 6.1 upgrade ... a bit stressfull but everything went ok !!!
So I hope this thread can help other people.
My carrier is Rogers and my phone HTC TYTN (Hermes 200).
Many thanks for your help denco7 ! Best regards,
Eric
"
thanks eric for the post, where did you get the rom, i am trying to grab it but so far no luck, i am also on rogers
denco7
denco7
18. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
Jun 4 2008, 11:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 4 2008, 11:47 AM EDT
"thanks eric for the post, where did you get the rom, i am trying to grab it but so far no luck, i am also on rogers"
Look at post #9 by me for the address over at xda for rom lists

Anonymous
19. RE: Windows mobile 6.1 on tytn?
Nov 5 2008, 11:06 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2008, 11:06 PM EST
I installed 6.1 in my TYTN II but it becomes slow as in super slow.

Am I the only experiencing this issue?
Do you find this valuable?    
2  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)