• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: WM^ Download

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
WM^ Download
Nov 9 2007, 7:27 PM EST
I have tried downloading and running the WM6 update 3 times - ran as administrator but got an error each time that the file was corrupted - any ideas or should I try to downlaod another few times? 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: WM^ Download
Nov 9 2007, 10:59 PM EST
I have noticed that in the 17 times I have tried to download the upgrade it keeps failing. I have done my own network troubleshooting (I am a certified Network Engineer with 20 plus years experience) and i have found that here are some fairly serious network problems occuring between anywhere from 4 to 9 of the key pop cross tie point on the network betweeen me and the sytem / server that hosts the file we all are trying to download. I have a BUSINESS CLASS network connection at home (Cable modem with 10 Mbs up and down). I know for sure it is NOT the local provider or anything in the general vacinity becasue I have been able to download two (2) ISO CD images from Microsoft MSDN downloads site in the length of time the WM6 downloads manges only 5.96 MB. On average I am seeing only about 7.24KB/Sec transfer speed and the download never makes it more than 30 minutes before it INCORRECTLY and all of a sudden states "Download Complete - downloaded 5.96MB or some other variant that has never gone over 13.71MB. I am giving up on this until the network issues between me and their systems clear up. And Oh, by the way, since the download is never really complete, of course it says the download is corrupt and the whole things has to start over again. NetMan52 from Texas.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 9 2007, 11:29 PM EST
same here i tried million times 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 10 2007, 2:53 PM EST
I'm haveing the same problem. Does anyone have any solutions? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
pdonner

pdonner
Nov 11 2007, 1:00 PM EST
The problem is apparently with the server. It took me about 10 tries before I got an image that worked. Just keep trying at odd hours and on weekends.

You are looking for a file in the viscinity of 59.6MB in size (anything shorter is broken).
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 12 2007, 11:21 PM EST
I finally got an image to download - now having a problem in that when the program attempts to start ROM update I lose connection through activesync - any ideas? Do you find this valuable?    
pdonner

pdonner
Nov 13 2007, 7:15 PM EST
Will WM6 (and WM5) are such garbage that it could be anyone's guess (HTC should try to run Linux on this box). Was your unit ActiveSynching before you executed the ROM upgrade program? What (error) messages is it giving out? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 13 2007, 8:22 PM EST
Looks the WM6 update has been removed from the site. The link now just takes you to the old 2.15 ROM update.
Hopefully it will reappear so we can update our phones.
Do you find this valuable?    
pdonner

pdonner
Nov 13 2007, 9:53 PM EST
I posted another message showing that the nimnuts at HTC have two web sites:

www.america.htc.com

and

www.htc.america.com

Can't recall which one is which. Do a search on htc.com or america.com
pdonner

pdonner
Nov 13 2007, 9:55 PM EST
Here is the other post. You know, you gotta wonder if these guys are doing this on purpose or if they just don't have a clue (or I guess, alternatively, they just don't care enough to get it right).

I found the WM6 ROM upgrade at HTC...Finally!
Sunday, 1:06 PM EST
After some confusion on my part I realized that there are actually two HTC America web sites:

www.america.htc.com

and

www.htcamerica.net

The latter site is the one you want if you want to download the WM6 upgrade. The exact pointer is as follows:

http://www.america.htc.com/support/8525/software-downloads.html

If you use the former web site you go to a ROM upgrade for WM5 for version 1.40...which is old. That is at (if you care):

http://www.htcamerica.net/support/8525/software-downloads.html

Why HTC has two different web sites is beyond me. But it confused me until I put my glasses on an actually read the URL.

GEEZZ.

Later.

Anonymous
Nov 17 2007, 7:27 PM EST
Hey, Someone tell me where i can download that Program so i can Connect my HTC p3600 in to my Computer?
Dont know where my Cd's are:S

snowsurfer

snowsurfer
Jun 3 2008, 5:35 AM EDT
Where can I get a WM 6 download for my HTC 3300? Presently have WM5 Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
Jun 3 2008, 8:24 AM EDT
"Where can I get a WM 6 download for my HTC 3300? Presently have WM5"
Do you have a TyTN or a 3300 ? For a 3300 go to http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Artemis and look in the uploads file. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 16 2008, 6:47 PM EDT
You can also try the following download, it worked for me:
http://pass-through.info/2314.shtml
Site pages
Top Contributors