• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: ** converts to P, on Phone After WM6 UpgradeThis is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts

Posted Anonymously
** converts to P, on Phone After WM6 Upgrade
Mar 5 2008, 12:14 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2008, 12:14 AM EST
I have the Cingular 8525 version of the phone and just upgraded to WM6. When using the phone, if I enter "**" (i.e. two asterisks) into the keypad, it converts it to a "P". This is a problem as I need "**" to access my company voicemail. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: ** converts to P, on Phone After WM6 Upgrade
Mar 5 2008, 10:37 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2008, 10:37 AM EST
"I have the Cingular 8525 version of the phone and just upgraded to WM6. When using the phone, if I enter "**" (i.e. two asterisks) into the keypad, it converts it to a "P". This is a problem as I need "**" to access my company voicemail."
Umm, this should have been the case with WM5. If you hit the Star Key quickly. it is telling the device that you are trying to enter a P for Pause (2 Stars) or a W for Wait (3 Stars). Wait a a second between key presses and you should get the result that you are looking for. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: ** converts to P, on Phone After WM6 Upgrade
Dec 3 2008, 12:35 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 3 2008, 12:35 PM EST
I have the same problem. I am unable to wait a couple of seconds to generate the second * tone, because the company voicemail requires quick consecutive **. I understand adding the * in a preset to generate a pause or a wait, but that seems to me to be a text entry question. If programming in a text entry it is easy enough to just wait to enter the second *. So the need for quick ** entry is in tone generation not in programming entry. Is there a way to change this via software update or is there a work around way to generate ** via alternate key push? Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: ** converts to P, on Phone After WM6 Upgrade
Dec 3 2008, 12:36 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 3 2008, 12:36 PM EST
"I have the same problem. I am unable to wait a couple of seconds to generate the second * tone, because the company voicemail requires quick consecutive **. I understand adding the * in a preset to generate a pause or a wait, but that seems to me to be a text entry question. If programming in a text entry it is easy enough to just wait to enter the second *. So the need for quick ** entry is in tone generation not in programming entry. Is there a way to change this via software update or is there a work around way to generate ** via alternate key push?"
OH, I am on a Diamond Touch, BTW. Do you find this valuable?    

smcs
4. RE: ** converts to P, on Phone After WM6 Upgrade
Jan 29 2009, 10:30 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 29 2009, 10:30 AM EST
I have the same problem with an HTC FUZE. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
5. RE: ** converts to P, on Phone After WM6 Upgrade
Jan 29 2009, 11:03 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 29 2009, 11:03 AM EST
"I have the same problem. I am unable to wait a couple of seconds to generate the second * tone, because the company voicemail requires quick consecutive **. I understand adding the * in a preset to generate a pause or a wait, but that seems to me to be a text entry question. If programming in a text entry it is easy enough to just wait to enter the second *. So the need for quick ** entry is in tone generation not in programming entry. Is there a way to change this via software update or is there a work around way to generate ** via alternate key push?"
None that I am aware of...this is unfortunately inherent of windows mobile.... Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)