Already a member?
Mogul (P4000) (PPC-6800)
- 1X-EVDO (Rev A capable*§) dual band, all-digital phone
Incarnations*depends on carrier and availability
§Sprint to release Rev A upgrade fall of 2007
- Supports Text Messaging, Email and IM
- Hands-free speakerphone with voice activated dialling
- Large touch-screen display
- Silent vibrating alert and MP3 or Polyphonic or WAV ringtones
- Speed dialing
- Voice activated dialing PDA features
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 (for PocketPC) (Telus)
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional (Sprint, Bell, Alltel)
- Synchronize Contacts, Calendar events, Tasks, and more with Microsoft ActiveSync
- Send instant messages and chat with friends online with Pocket MSN Messenger
- Real-time access to business and personal email accounts (Microsoft Exchange, IBM LotusDomino, POP3 or IMAP4) using Business Inbox
- Create/Edit Microsoft Word®, Excel®, and view PowerPoint® documents
- Laptop Internet access through your smartphone - use the P4000 / Mogul as a wireless modem for your laptop via USB modem (Telus) or Bluetooth PAN (Sprint)
- MP3 and Video player with Windows Mobile Media Player
- Expandable memory (microSD)
- 2.0 megapixel camera with 2x digital zoom and video capture support
- Built in Bluetooth™ Wireless Technology for hand-free headset, stereo headset, car kit, data transfer and Bluetooth PAN (Sprint)
- Integrated Wi-Fi (with on/off hardware switch)
- Wireless Sync and Outlook Mobile® for access to POP3, and IMAP email
- Dimensions - 110 mm x 59 mm x 18.5 mm
- Weight - 165 grams
- Screen 320 x 240 pixel, 65K touch-screen QVGA display
- Battery - Up to 200 minutes talk time and up to 9.5 days standby time
Carrier Model Notes Alltel (USA) PPC-6800 www.alltel.com Bell Mobility (Canada) PPC-6800 www.bell.ca Telus Mobility (Canada) HTC P4000 first carrier to offer this phone Sprint HTC Mogul (PPC-6800) Available via Telesales, Retentions and through www.sprint.com Verizon XV6800 Reports on PDAPhoneHome of some business customers receiving early shipments.
Answer: There is a new firmware that reduces how choppy your voice is to the other party - but it randomly shuts off the BT!
- Is the HTC Mogul discontinued after a 6 month run? Rumor has it some of the bugs in the mogul are unfixable via firmware and the unit is to be discontinued.
- Is HTC working on a fix for the Bluetooth issues on the Sprint Mogul? This phone has been out for 3 months - still no fix mentioned on their site - I guess they don't care!
- It is widely rumored that this phone has a GPS chip that has been disabled. Will there be a hack or workaround to enable GPS capabilities?Answer: Not likely, it is AGPS which requires a connected call to get data location.
Alternative Answer: The chip on-board is reported to support multi-mode GPS [satellites only, towers only, or hybrid, essentially]. The question boils down to which features the vendors will disable in ROM. With the XV6700, for example, Verizon completely disabled all on-board GPS except E911.
- Will an upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 become available?Answer: The Sprint version comes standard with WM6. Other carrier adoption of WM6 is at the sole descretion of the carrier. Since the Sprint version was offered with WM6, HTC supports it. However if you call HTC tech support they will tell you that they only fully support WM5
Answer: Available now for Telus P4000
- Is there a theme-creating application that is compatible with this phone?
- What is the largest capacity microSD card that can be used? 2GB? 4GB?Answer: 4GB
- When will this phone be available to US customers?Answer: This phone is currently available in the US to customers of Sprint. They can obtain this handset via Telesales, Retentions and via Sprints website.
Important Update - HTC/Sprint can't get Mogul working - allowing you to trade it in for a different phone
For those who are frustrated by the defective Mogul - Sprint confirmed they won't have a firmware update available for the Mogul this year even though the phone has been out for 4 months. They are allowing customers who request it to trade it in for another phone.
Compatible Software of NoteActiveSync (XP and earlier) and Windows Mobile Device Center (Vista) http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/activesync/default.mspx
Mac: "The Missing Sync"
Compatible Skins and Themes (look for WM5, Standard, VGA)
Fast Bluetooth Switcher (toggle BT on/off)
USBModem: Connect a desktop / notebook computer to the Internet. (free trial / $19.95)
Latest Telus Firmware
ROM 2.14.671.3 - ROM Date 8/20/07
Radio Version: 1.40.00
Latest Sprint Firmware
ROM 2.16.651.0 - ROM Date 10/23/07 - causes BT to disconnect frequently
Radio Version: 1.47.00
Latest Bell Firmware
ROM 2.13.666.0 - ROM Date 6/15/07
Radio Version: 1.37.00
P4000 (6800) Complete Review (excellent page!)
HTC P4000 (FAQ, Tips, Support, User Manual, Etc.)
HTC Mogul (FAQ, Tips, Support, User Manual, New ROMs, Etc.)
HTC Bell PPC6800 (FAQ, Tips, Support, User Manual, New ROMs, Etc.)
Accessories from Telus
Order from Telus
HTC Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade Statement (does not specifically mention this phone)
Titan / Mogul / 6800 Forum
HacksHTC Mogul Hacks, or How to Fix Your 6800 Rather Than Throw it in the Toilet!!
Change Bluetooth headphones from mono (default) to stereo:
UseJointStereo: change the DWORD from “1” TO “0” no quotes.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 2How to configure VoIP/SIP client in WM6 (audio very quiet, from wrong speaker)
-> Change the value data from 2 to 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 16
-> Change the value data from 16 to 40
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001017 = 128
-> Change the value data from 128 to 144
-> Add new value "0000101b": Dword = 1
Close registry editor and soft reboot.
"Unable to obtain a server-assigned IP address" error message
Go to Settings | Connections | Configure Network adapters. Set the 'Remote-NDIS Host' settings to use a specific IP address of 169.254.2.1, subnet 255.255.0.0, default gateway 169.254.2.2
"Can't create a data connection / surf the Internet"
Go to Settings | Connections | Connections | Manage Existing Connections
highlight CDMA1X and click Edit... | leave untouched and click Next |
leave "#777" untouched and click Next | ensure Username, Password and Domain should all be blank and click Finish
Using a Telus HTC P4000 in Canada...."Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart your desktop computer and synchronize again. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator." OR "ActiveSync has encountered a problem on the desktop. " Assuming you have all the latest versions of flash/software (Win Mobile 6, Win Mobile Device Center 6.1) and you are running Outlook 2007 on Vista - put the Office 2007 CD in and run the REPAIR utility. That should do it...
Bell Mobility 2.13.666.0 and Sprint 2.09.651.3 - Alarms do not work when charging. Set Calander alarm for 6AM and charge overnight. It will not Wake. It will work if not on charger.
Sprint 2.09.651.3 - Microsoft Voice Command Confirmation does not work. Disable all conformations in VC Settings.
Sprint 2.09.651.3 - Windows Mobile Device Center issues over USB. Very slow often hangs. Tried setting Advanced USB on and off in device. Easy to lose Profile, some issues may be Vista.
Sprint 2.09.651.3 - Lenovo T60 Vista Laptop won't sync over or do anything over bluetooth except pair. May be Lenovo BT stack but PPC-6700 worked fine.
Sprint 2.09.651.3 - Low memory with clean device to start and seems to leak memory with usage. Some of this is all normal to have memory go down with usuage as file caches etc. expand but causes the device to often run out of memory.
Severe Bluetooth problems covered in the following threads - describing choppy BT / poor quality calls on the PPC6800
An issue has been widely reported regarding choppy outgoing sound when using the PPC6800 paired with a Bluetooth headset. The issue is not limited to any particular headset - just about every single popular BT headset has been reported to have a problem. - A firmware patch has been released 10/23/07 that helps you sound less choppy but now the BT unit shuts off frequently and loses connectivty with your headset. http://download.america.htc.com/RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_2.16.651.0_1.47.00_SPCS_NV124_0506_SPL106_Ship.exe Call HTC 866-449-8358 and Sprint 1-800-927-2199 - it takes MANY phone calls before they even consider the complaint a real issue as apparently neither actually has one of these phones or a BT headset to do any testing with.
http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=SmartPhones&thread.id=679 - forum monitored by Sprint
It will take a week of end user testing before a final report can be given
|Latest page update: made by eguy , May 5 2008, 5:18 PM EDT (about this update About This Update Edited by eguy
5 words added
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
Bookmark: Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Facebook
(Showing the last 5 of 186 - view all)
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Anonymous||Unlocking Phone When A Password is Set.||11||Today, 11:24 AM EST by denco7|
Thread started: Aug 1 2007, 7:34 PM EDT Watch
Does anyone know how to unlock the mogul if you don't know the password? I just got the pjone yesterday, and already have a million things saved on it, and I was messing around and exploring the phone when I was checking out the lock settings I guess I accidently tapped some characters and set a password, and not knowing turned off the phone and now have nooooo clue what the password is it keeps asking for. I do NOT want to do a hard reset cause I tried synching the phone yesterday, but for whatever reason it wouldn't and I didn't have time to mess with it, and now I have nothing saved on my Computer in case I have to do A hard reset. I hope someone has a solution.
3 out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?
|Anonymous||PPC-6800 Sprint MOGUL ROM Update||9||Today, 1:20 AM EST by n1nj4Lo|
Thread started: Oct 24 2007, 4:43 PM EDT Watch
New link for the latest ROM Update. Suppose to fix BT issue
5 out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?
|Anonymous||Wi-Fi not Connecting on Sprint Mogul 6800||1||Monday, 10:32 PM EST by Anonymous|
Thread started: Jun 1 2008, 4:38 PM EDT Watch
I successfully connected only one time using my wi-fi connection. I've done everything that I can think of (reboot, re-configure, use new router, check different routers), but to no avail. Anyone else have trouble with the wi-fi connection? Are there any tips/fixes/hacks for it?
2 out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?
|Anonymous||Sending Pictures to another cell phone? (page: 1 2)||21||Dec 8 2008, 11:43 AM EST by Anonymous|
Thread started: Jul 31 2007, 11:34 PM EDT Watch
Does anyone know of the HTC Mogul can send picture mail to other cell phones? I know that it can be setup to use pop accounts and things but it would be nice to be able to send a picture to a phone number and not an email address.
12 out of 14 found this valuable. Do you?
|Anonymous||Free GPS software||10||Nov 26 2008, 3:42 PM EST by Anonymous|
Thread started: May 30 2008, 7:49 PM EDT Watch
Does anyone know of a good free Gps nav download for the Mogul? Telenav wants 10 bucs a month and I am a cheapskate!
10 out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?
(Showing the last 5 of 186 - view all)