• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Bluetooth issue with the New Rom and Royaltek GPS

Keyword tags: Royaltek upgrades Windows Mobile 6.0 wm6
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

theturle

theturle
Bluetooth issue with the New Rom and Royaltek GPS
Apr 5 2008, 11:20 AM EDT
I am having problems with setting up my secure connection with my GPS device since updating my ROM. My Royaltek GPS did work before the update. I am using Tomtom Navigator 6 software. I am using the New ROM update from March 08

Has anyone else had similar problems? Is there a solution out there?
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: Bluetooth issue with the New Rom and Royaltek GPS
Apr 5 2008, 11:22 AM EDT
"I am having problems with setting up my secure connection with my GPS device since updating my ROM. My Royaltek GPS did work before the update. I am using Tomtom Navigator 6 software. I am using the New ROM update from March 08

Has anyone else had similar problems? Is there a solution out there?"
Which device and ROM do you have loaded? We need to know that before we can answer your question. Do you find this valuable?    
theturle

theturle
Apr 5 2008, 11:45 AM EDT
I am using Sprint HTC Mogul and ROM version 3.35.651.2 Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 5 2008, 11:48 AM EDT
"I am using Sprint HTC Mogul and ROM version 3.35.651.2"
Did you set TomTom to External NMEA GPS? Also, the settings are COM4 and Baud Rate is 4800. I have done this on a friend's Mogul and iGuidance and it worked fine there. Do you find this valuable?    
theturle

theturle
Apr 5 2008, 12:02 PM EDT
"Did you set TomTom to External NMEA GPS? Also, the settings are COM4 and Baud Rate is 4800. I have done this on a friend's Mogul and iGuidance and it worked fine there."
My mogul will not connect with the GPS. I get this message: "Your device did not connect with BlueGPS 7DB141. The connection failed or the passcode is incorrect."
I am having problems setting up the GPS unit with the phone, setting up a bluetooth connection. I reach the input passcode area in the bluetooth setting and hit a wall. I have inputed 0000, 1234, 1111 etc.
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 5 2008, 12:16 PM EDT
"My mogul will not connect with the GPS. I get this message: "Your device did not connect with BlueGPS 7DB141. The connection failed or the passcode is incorrect."
I am having problems setting up the GPS unit with the phone, setting up a bluetooth connection. I reach the input passcode area in the bluetooth setting and hit a wall. I have inputed 0000, 1234, 1111 etc. "
You need to goto bluetooth settings on the Mogul and remove the Royaltek GPS receiver from your paired list. Do you find this valuable?    
theturle

theturle
Apr 5 2008, 12:24 PM EDT
"You need to goto bluetooth settings on the Mogul and remove the Royaltek GPS receiver from your paired list."
I never was able to pair it. That is the problem, I can't pair it. When i reach the point of entering the passcode I get the error mentioned before. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 5 2008, 2:58 PM EDT
"I never was able to pair it. That is the problem, I can't pair it. When i reach the point of entering the passcode I get the error mentioned before. "
Are you trying to pair the Royaltek GPS receiver or use the internal GPS that the Mogul now supports with the ROM version you have? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
theturle

theturle
RE: Bluetooth issue with the New Rom and Royaltek GPS Device
Apr 5 2008, 6:49 PM EDT
"Are you trying to pair the Royaltek GPS receiver or use the internal GPS that the Mogul now supports with the ROM version you have?"
I am trying to pair my Royaltek GPS device with my Sprint HTC Mogul phone. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 5 2008, 7:00 PM EDT
"I am trying to pair my Royaltek GPS device with my Sprint HTC Mogul phone. "
Why? The ROM version you are using enables the GPS receiver that's already built into the Mogul. This is much more convenient as you don't need to carry a GPS receiver around any more. Again, set TomTom to NMEA External GPS receiver, set it to COM4 and a baud rate of 4800 and it will work. TomTom will start using the GPS receiver in the phone. I know it works as I have done it.

Here is a video I did of the Sprint Mogul for pocketnow.com
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
theturle

theturle
Apr 5 2008, 7:49 PM EDT
"Why? The ROM version you are using enables the GPS receiver that's already built into the Mogul. This is much more convenient as you don't need to carry a GPS receiver around any more. Again, set TomTom to NMEA External GPS receiver, set it to COM4 and a baud rate of 4800 and it will work. TomTom will start using the GPS receiver in the phone. I know it works as I have done it.

Here is a video I did of the Sprint Mogul for pocketnow.com"
I understand what you are saying now, but I don't see COM4 as an option. Do you find this valuable?    
theturle

theturle
Apr 5 2008, 9:21 PM EDT
I just got the COM4 to show up, don't know how, but now I seem to not be able to aquire a valid GPS signal Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 5 2008, 9:37 PM EDT
"I just got the COM4 to show up, don't know how, but now I seem to not be able to aquire a valid GPS signal"
Glas to hear it. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Wiki pages
Top Contributors