• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: AIM on the AT&T Tilt

Keyword tags: AIM AOL Instant Messenger AT&T MediaNet Tilt WM6
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

jpicc1

jpicc1
AIM on the AT&T Tilt
Apr 2 2008, 8:34 PM EDT
I performed a hard reset followed by a soft reset on my AT&T Tilt in order to get rid of all the "bloatware" (Mallware, game demos, etc) and ended up getting rid of my IM programs too! (AIM, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger). I did a backup prior to doing this, using Sprite backup.

I tried going to MediaNet to get the AIM download and it is no longer available.

Does anybody know how I can install AIM for WM6 back on my AT&T Tilt without installing all that other crap back into my phone?
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: AIM on the AT&T Tilt
Apr 2 2008, 10:09 PM EDT
"I performed a hard reset followed by a soft reset on my AT&T Tilt in order to get rid of all the "bloatware" (Mallware, game demos, etc) and ended up getting rid of my IM programs too! (AIM, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger). I did a backup prior to doing this, using Sprite backup.

I tried going to MediaNet to get the AIM download and it is no longer available.

Does anybody know how I can install AIM for WM6 back on my AT&T Tilt without installing all that other crap back into my phone?"
To reinstall it, goto your File Explorer on your Tilt, goto the Windows folder and look for C_OZPocketPC.cab. This will reinstall it for you. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: AIM on the AT&T Tilt
Apr 2 2008, 10:27 PM EDT
"To reinstall it, goto your File Explorer on your Tilt, goto the Windows folder and look for C_OZPocketPC.cab. This will reinstall it for you. "
Thanks, Rainman. I'm sure your fix would have worked, but I fixed the problem by doing a restore off of the file I created with Sprite Backup and selecting only the OZ components I un-installed. Thanks, again. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)