• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: .cab files

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt HTC TyTN II kaiser tilt
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

mariocolombiano3000
mariocolombiano3000
.cab files
Mar 7 2008, 6:38 PM EST
How do I download the apps with .cab extension to my Tilt?? and how do I install them and run them?? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: .cab files
Mar 7 2008, 10:15 PM EST
You can save the files either by syncing your Tilt and using your Windows Explorer to copy and save files from your desktop to your Tilt. Or you can save them to a memory card. Once on your Tilt, open the files from the File Explorer and the .cab files will start self-installing. Do you find this valuable?    
mariocolombiano3000
mariocolombiano3000
Mar 8 2008, 10:56 AM EST
ok got it... i installed the HTC Smart dial .cab and I didn't like it because it's not working properly, how do i uninstall it???

Thanks...
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 8 2008, 11:25 AM EST
>START>SETTINGS>SYSTEM>REMOVE PROGRAMS>[Highlight program]?REMOVE Do you find this valuable?    
mariocolombiano3000
mariocolombiano3000
Mar 8 2008, 11:32 AM EST
got it... THANKS!!!

as you can see, i'm pretty new at this... so i'm sorry if my questions are dumb... =/
Do you find this valuable?    
spadbuoy
spadbuoy
Mar 8 2008, 11:51 AM EST
Install ActiveSync on PC if using WinXP. If using Vista, install Windows Mobile Device Center, both available for download from Microsoft's site. After install, you will be able to copy files to the Tilt using USB or Bluetooth. Hope this helps. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 9 2008, 9:14 AM EDT
"Install ActiveSync on PC if using WinXP. If using Vista, install Windows Mobile Device Center, both available for download from Microsoft's site. After install, you will be able to copy files to the Tilt using USB or Bluetooth. Hope this helps."
I see your Avatar has Spb's Mobile Shell 2.0. As a shameless plug, I just did a review of it on www.pocketnow.com. How do you like Mobile Shell 2.0? Do you find this valuable?    
spadbuoy
spadbuoy
Mar 9 2008, 12:18 PM EDT
"I see your Avatar has Spb's Mobile Shell 2.0. As a shameless plug, I just did a review of it on www.pocketnow.com. How do you like Mobile Shell 2.0?"
So far, so good. I like it. Actually, it was your pocketnow review that sold me on it. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 9 2008, 1:05 PM EDT
Great, I'm glad that my review was helpful to you. Another piece of software I am using is Pocket Informant 8. I did a review on that as well on Pocketnow. Do you find this valuable?    
spadbuoy
spadbuoy
Mar 9 2008, 6:00 PM EDT
Thanks! Another good review. I'm going to test drive PI 8 this week. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 9 2008, 10:20 PM EDT
Let me know if you have any questions about PI8. I've been using it for over a month now and can't imagine using my Tilt without it! My only regret is that I didn't start using it sooner! Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Wiki pages
Top Contributors