• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: TYTN II Speaker phone problems

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

VikasMP

VikasMP
TYTN II Speaker phone problems
Mar 5 2008, 3:49 AM EST
The other party cannot hear my voice for the initial 30 to 40 seconds.

I have found that the speakerphone problem happens only if you activate the speaker phone before the other party answers.

I have not had the speaker phone problem (inspite of trying) if I follow a simple rule:
Activate the speaker phone only after speaking to the other party.
(I am using a MDA Vario III)
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: TYTN II Speaker phone problems
Mar 26 2008, 10:34 AM EDT
Same problem - but what is the real fix?
I love this phone but this problem is making me hate it.
Any comment from HTC????? I think not
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
danish1705
danish1705
May 16 2008, 9:25 PM EDT
I have this problem too with my TyTN II, whenever I enable the speaker on, the other side can't hear my voice. Had to press the speaker key twice to eliminate the problem. Sometime the microphone not able to capture my voice clearly.

I don't think there will be any fix. If there is a fix that is a good news. :)
Do you find this valuable?    
prembo

prembo
May 17 2008, 2:41 AM EDT
Hi,

I think I have a problem that is slightly related...

Although I haven't heard it myself, the person on the other end says that the first few seconds of each sentence, for example, is cut off. So it is hard to carry on a conversation using speakerphone.

No problems using the phone normally, with the wired headset or the bluetooth headset. Problems only with speakerphone.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 29 2008, 1:47 AM EDT
I found the problem and fixed it on my phone. I had to pull the 4 screws from the back (one of the is under the void warranty sticker). Since mine is over a year old and the rep already told me "too bad" I had nothing to loose. Once I worked the back off, I found the connector that attaches the red and black speaker wires to the circuit board was loose. Pushed it back in and have my speaker (and the the ringer) back. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 19 2008, 3:20 AM EDT
"I found the problem and fixed it on my phone. I had to pull the 4 screws from the back (one of the is under the void warranty sticker). Since mine is over a year old and the rep already told me "too bad" I had nothing to loose. Once I worked the back off, I found the connector that attaches the red and black speaker wires to the circuit board was loose. Pushed it back in and have my speaker (and the the ringer) back."
Many thanks
I thought my phone had a dead speaker then I read your post and figured I would try your fix. Took out the 4 screws and found the speaker connection to be loose. popped it back in and everything is good.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors