• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: how to change alarm settings

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
how to change alarm settings
Jan 24 2008, 5:57 AM EST
Hello

I have just got a tilt and am having trouble with the alarm. Can anyone tell me how to import a wav or mp3 to play as an alarm sound? The menu seems to limit me to a very few to choose from and not ones I import in as in other functions.

Also is there a way to program a button to act as a snooze button similar to more simple phones?
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: how to change alarm settings
Jan 24 2008, 5:10 PM EST
"Hello

I have just got a tilt and am having trouble with the alarm. Can anyone tell me how to import a wav or mp3 to play as an alarm sound? The menu seems to limit me to a very few to choose from and not ones I import in as in other functions.

Also is there a way to program a button to act as a snooze button similar to more simple phones?"
The only file type supported for the alarm function is wav.
All you need to do is put it in the Windows folder on your device. I
7  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 12 2008, 1:38 PM EDT
Hello, I am having the same issue. There has to be a way to change it....I just have not figured it out yet! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 16 2008, 11:58 PM EDT
i have copied and pasted my downloaded ring tones in both areas of WINDOWS....RINGS also in APPLICATION DATA......SOUNDS but yet the same tones that come in the alarm settings are only to choose from. Does anyone know where i would need to transfer them to. Thanks Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 20 2008, 1:38 AM EDT
If you look at the very bottom of the windows folder there are a bunch of files at the end. Some are media player files. If you paste your files there they will show up in the section for your alerts. Don't ask why... I found this by playing around with it. To paste the file there you need to go to the very bottom of the list and find a blank spot and allow the popup menu to surface and then paste. Hope this helps. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 30 2008, 11:22 PM EDT
i pasted to the bottom of windows but still did not see it in alarm. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 16 2008, 8:11 AM EDT
I am having the same problems and also have tried everything!!! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 18 2008, 5:11 PM EDT
Another anonymous user posted this elsewhere on this site - I had tried everything! Sometimes the simplest things are overlooked!

1st step:convert mp3 file to wav
2nd step:put it in windows folder
3rd step:go to clocks and alarms
4th step:click the bell icon
5th step:under play sound select the list of drop down sounds
6th step:use ur stylus to hold the file(do not let go, or else it will go back to default)
7th step:press ur dpad (the button in between the green and red button) to select the file

Thanks to whoever came up with this (and the 7th step)

3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 2 2008, 2:11 AM EDT
Hi I am still having trouble with step five and six the song is not showing up in my drop down menu and I am not sure what you mean by step six if you could give a little more deatil that would be awsome.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 4 2008, 2:46 PM EDT
The confusing part is: when you open Clocks & Alarms, there are few alarms listed(in the Alarms tab) - with the days of the week, to the right from it, there is the time, and the BELL ICON. You need to click on THAT BELL ICON in order to change the ringtone for that specific alarm. That was not so intuitive for me .. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 6 2008, 5:40 PM EDT
Fantastic, step six and seven were the ones i couldnt get to work. Thanks very much. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 15 2008, 7:12 AM EDT
wow, no lie, step 7 is the charm!!! f#$@!&n awesome(default alarms were annoying!) :) 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 6 2008, 2:12 AM EDT
I dont understand how to change the mp3 to wav. I understand the rest though im just missing the first step. any help? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 29 2008, 9:09 AM EDT
There is a site with tons of cool .wav files - www.ILoveWavs.com. Check it out. You will not find your favorite song most likely, but there are tons of appropriate alarm type files/sounds. Do you find this valuable?    
unonice
unonice
Sep 15 2008, 11:28 AM EDT
i need HELP... i can't find the correct folder to change alarm tones... you say "widows folder" ..... i can't find it....... PLEASE HELP !! i need my alrm clock to have better tones..... i use my alarm A LOT....
PLEAS RESPOND
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors