• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Tilt freezing up? Screen going off when on a call? Try this!!!

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2  | Next

Anonymous
Tilt freezing up? Screen going off when on a call? Try this!!!
Jan 7 2008, 11:37 PM EST
Download the kaiser tweak program and install it on the phone. It fixed the freezing problem for me and also lets me automatically stop the data connection when not in use to conserve battery. There's even an option to stop the screen from going off after you receive a call. Download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/81514292/KaiserTweak.zip 14  out of 14 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Tilt freezing up? Screen going off when on a call? Try this!!!
Jan 11 2008, 1:55 AM EST
Wow this fixed the problem for me. Thanks a lot! 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 14 2008, 3:11 PM EST
This program should be built into the phone. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 26 2008, 7:50 PM EST
This is great, my Tilt hasn't frozen up for 2 weeks now. Why didn't you post it earlier :D 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
roughdiamond

roughdiamond
Jan 27 2008, 10:47 PM EST
I also am suffering the same problem with my TILT. I downloaded the program to my computer, unzipped the file. I can see the executable. So how do I get this program installed onto my TILT.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 2 2008, 5:54 PM EST
"I also am suffering the same problem with my TILT. I downloaded the program to my computer, unzipped the file. I can see the executable. So how do I get this program installed onto my TILT.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks."
copy .exe and .xml file to your htc and run the exe from htc. Program will open up and let you change lots of important registry settings along with its explanation. 4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 5 2008, 10:40 AM EST
Hi all,

Which setting(s) in Kaiser Tweak are you changing to "fix" the freezing problem?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 5 2008, 2:29 PM EST
This phone has many problems this is just one of many. Given that seveal people have come up with fixes outside of HTC and ATT, and the fixes have been in place for a period of time. Speaks to the lack of customer service that HTC once delivered. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 5 2008, 5:37 PM EST
"Hi all,

Which setting(s) in Kaiser Tweak are you changing to "fix" the freezing problem?"
Nevermind, found them... under the "notifications" section. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 5 2008, 7:58 PM EST
I am trying to get this program to work bt I am new at this. I have downloaded it to my computer but when i extrct the file and then try and open it up t ownt open. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 5 2008, 8:05 PM EST
Thanks all. I got this to work on my phone. I think it even cured my phone from having to be reset in order to use IE. IE was locking up after about four uses. I had to reboot the phone. Now, since installing it and making configuration changes, the problem appears to have disappeared.
Do you find this valuable?    
roughdiamond

roughdiamond
Feb 7 2008, 7:25 PM EST
This program works. Now the problem I have is my phone automatically goes into vibrate mode. I reset the ring each time, but it keeps going back. I have changed the ring type in the tweak, on the profile on the phone and even on the ring volume setting on the phone and each time it goes back to vibrate. Do problems ever end with this phone? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 29 2008, 1:45 AM EST
Guys, this fix is excellent , the HTC was about to have a swim, but it now work s a like a normal Window mobile device, and give control back to the user to set the scren options Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela

Sgarrela
Mar 4 2008, 3:20 AM EST
Is the Kaiser Tweak compatible with the new ROM upgrade 1.62 for ATT Tilt? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 4 2008, 8:51 AM EST
"Is the Kaiser Tweak compatible with the new ROM upgrade 1.62 for ATT Tilt?"
Yes it still works for me. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 11 2008, 1:20 PM EDT
Thanks for letting us know about this. i am struggling to imagine the scenario where the HTC engineers said, "Hey! here's an idea--let's make the keypad backlight go away at a DIFFERENT rate from the settable backlight for the phone's other displays, AND let's make it NON-settable, AND let's make the hard keys inoperable whenever there's no backlight! They'll just LOVE those features!!" Geez.... 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sgarrela

Sgarrela
Apr 11 2008, 8:53 PM EDT
I have downloaded and installed Kaiser Tweaks. It's a great piece of software. I have been able to overcome many of the shortcomings of WM6 using Kaiser Tweaks. Unfortunately, I still have the freezing problem. It doesn't happen very often, maybe once a week, but when it does, I don't know the phone is frozen until I try to make a call, or I realize I haven't received a call in a while. By the time I reset the phone I sometimes have 10 voice mails. I have begun to call my Tilt from my office phone, just to be sure it hasn't frozen. Is there a particular setting or settings in Kaiser Tweaks that resolves the issue? I love the Tilt, but really hate this problem. I have had an 8125 and 8525 - neither of them have this problem. I am still using ROM 1.57 and have not yet upgraded to 1.62, but I have heard that 1.62 doesn't solve the freezing problem. The other gotcha is that this problem does not occur with all Tilts. Does anyone have any ideas? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 12 2008, 10:28 PM EDT
"Download the kaiser tweak program and install it on the phone. It fixed the freezing problem for me and also lets me automatically stop the data connection when not in use to conserve battery. There's even an option to stop the screen from going off after you receive a call. Download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/81514292/KaiserTweak.zip"
do you have to pay for this program. Can you download it for free. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 9 2008, 12:19 PM EDT
Did you ever get an answer to this issue? I'm haing the same problem. Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela

Sgarrela
Jun 9 2008, 2:25 PM EDT
I downloaded Kaiser Tweaks and reset both of the Notifications Tabs to 90 seconds. This was one week ago, and the phone hasn't frozen so far. I'm still not optimistic. Two of my employees have Tilts that don't freeze. They were purchased more recently than mine, so if this doesn't solve the problem, I'm going to have AT&T replace the phone. I have hopes that WM 6.1 will solve the problem. Does anyone know Do you find this valuable?    
2  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors