• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Video and Cam function of HTC Tytn ii

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

jhowhelle
jhowhelle
Video and Cam function of HTC Tytn ii
Jan 18 2008, 9:54 AM EST
hi, me again. just like to comment on the camera performance of the tytn ii... i just noticed that though it has a 3megapix cam, the camera function is not that good. i believe my old Sony Ericsson k750 has a better cam and video functions (auto focus, flash, etc). the video in the mms is quite short also. thats all.... my 10 cents on the tytn cam. hope to hear your insights. thanks 6  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: Video and Cam function of HTC Tytn ii
Jan 22 2008, 2:46 PM EST
Unfortunately, this is a known problem for all TyTN II/Tilt phones. I have the same problem on my Kaiser. My 8525 (HTC Hermes) had much better camera performance. Though for me, I almost always carry around an SLR or my trusty Canon point and shoot. These camera phones are still not good enough for me, even if they are working properly :-) 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 22 2008, 7:48 PM EST
i guess your right rainman76..... just have to keep in mind that these are phones, not cameras... so better bring your digicam for the pics, anyway im happy with the communication features of the phone.

thanks thanks
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 22 2008, 4:57 PM EDT
Well...

Having paid about 1'000 (a thousand!) US$ for this device (HTC branded version), I find it hard to believe it is not the best that one can get...

And having paid 1'000 (a thousand!) US$, I kind of expected premium-quality service to go along...

It would seem it is not the case...

Even if the HTC TyTN II globally gives me satisfaction - it IS a top gadget (except for the camera, which just is of no real use) - it just let me a sour feeling, knowing that I appear just good enough to spend top money - after all, 1'000 US$ is a LOT of money for a phone - but not to get the service (and involment) matching it...

I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED !!!

Now I know why my next device will be something open source, supported by a supplier who understand its spirit.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
quatoria

quatoria
May 16 2008, 5:00 AM EDT
I have had a tytn2 for three months now, upgraded from the HTC wizard? (T mobile MDA vario) got it so I could work on word and excel while on the move and for wireless as well as the qwerty, but you soon get used to having the camera etc.

Upgraded to the Tytn 2 as it was all singing all dancing and more powerful but the camera is shockingly awful. 10 seconds for a picture, that isn't in focus as something will move, video playback is about 5 fps so jumps all over the place and doesn't focus during the video anyway, which is the same for something like you tube or a website with flash animation. So I am back to using the basic features.

It is also slow to orient itself when the keypad is opened up and navigating through some of hte screens, seems much slower compared to my old phone.

I thought it was just a bad phone, I asked T mobile who weren't aware of the issue or HTC drivers. and have since read a lot on the driver problems of the phone. Knowing HTC know of the issue and can do something about it is annoying and frustrating.

I wanted windows 6.1 so I can get better web browsing, but what is the point if the hardware isn't up to it.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 17 2008, 5:21 PM EDT
"I have had a tytn2 for three months now, upgraded from the HTC wizard? (T mobile MDA vario) got it so I could work on word and excel while on the move and for wireless as well as the qwerty, but you soon get used to having the camera etc.

Upgraded to the Tytn 2 as it was all singing all dancing and more powerful but the camera is shockingly awful. 10 seconds for a picture, that isn't in focus as something will move, video playback is about 5 fps so jumps all over the place and doesn't focus during the video anyway, which is the same for something like you tube or a website with flash animation. So I am back to using the basic features.

It is also slow to orient itself when the keypad is opened up and navigating through some of hte screens, seems much slower compared to my old phone.

I thought it was just a bad phone, I asked T mobile who weren't aware of the issue or HTC drivers. and have since read a lot on the driver problems of the phone. Knowing HTC know of the issue and can do something about it is annoying and frustrating.

I wanted windows 6.1 so I can get better web browsing, but what is the point if the hardware isn't up to it."
the phone is definately not worth its price. even if u do not expect the camera to be as good as a "camera", it should at least have been better than phone cameras one fourth its price Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
May 17 2008, 9:58 PM EDT
"the phone is definately not worth its price. even if u do not expect the camera to be as good as a "camera", it should at least have been better than phone cameras one fourth its price"
I have a Tilt and I upgraded from a Blackberry. I use the phone for Business , I send and recieve emails all day, I make phone calls ,recieve edit and re-send documents. I have individual job site profit/loss charts stored in excel. As well as Word/Excel snapshots of what has been billed and what needs to be billed. I have everyone I know and every customer I have in my contacts with the ability to say happy birthday to a customer or employee on their birthday because all this information is right in my hands.

I have four sons who play soccer, baseball, football and have a multitude of school activites. One look at my calender with reminders tells at a glance ,who what where and when and even reminds me 24hrs in advance the important things that are coming up tomorrow. I got a reminder the other day that my son had a game that afternoon, I accessed the school web site on IE found the time and the place and who the game was against. Set the gps software to where I was and the place the game was, got turn by turn directions to the field. I went from knowing nothing to sitting in the stands in a matter of 45 mins.

This is what the phone is for , who gives a crap if the camera is not as good as the one on my son's $40 cell phone. Cameras on phones are a novelty at best, by the way, I still managed to take some descent pictures at the game. This is what the phone is for, and yes it is definitely worth the money.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 7 2008, 1:17 PM EDT
how did you spend 1000 dollars on this phone? i bought a week after it came out and didnt pay half that 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors