• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Where is a good non expensive place to get a 4gb or 6gb Micro SDHC

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt HTC TyTN II kaiser tilt
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Where is a good non expensive place to get a 4gb or 6gb Micro SDHC
Dec 10 2007, 3:03 PM EST
I bought a 4gb scandisk at staples for $120. Returned it and got the exact same 4gb at BestBuy for $71.99. Now I found a 6gb for the same price online somewhere either Kingston or Scandisk. I post the link if I find it. If you know of a place Please let us know. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Walltech

Walltech
RE: Where is a good non expensive place to get a 4gb or 6gb Micro SDHC
Dec 10 2007, 4:45 PM EST
I notice that at AT&T stores you can purchase a 4 gig for about $39.00 after the rebate. I have not found them any cheeper anywhere. Do you find this valuable?    
GadgetGirl

GadgetGirl
Dec 10 2007, 6:11 PM EST
I'm frustrated about the whole memory card thing too - Costco has the 4 for 35-no rebate - I can't find the 6 - and now it looks like there might be an 8 - see the SanDisk website - I'll try Staples, thanks. I've been looking at Circuit City, Costco, Amazon (a friend said he found his 6 on Amazon....) I think they were waiting for each other, and now just have to get their act together to get the stuff to us.? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 11 2007, 11:47 AM EST
There is a 6gb micro sdhc at Amazon but it's still pretty expensive. I bought a 4gb sanddisk micro sdhc at amazon for $42 shipped. No waiting, no hassle and no rebate problems. Best deal so far. Do you find this valuable?    
dvdslee

dvdslee
Dec 11 2007, 11:52 AM EST
Found the same deal at Amazon. Best I found as well. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 11 2007, 9:24 PM EST
OK check it out http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(2537)-SDSDQR-8192-SanDisk_microSDHC_8GB.aspx
why not just get the 8gb. I'm returning my 4 gb I got at bestbuy and now purchasing the 8gb for $139. that should keep me full for a while. I'm sure the pricing will drop dramatically over the next few months. this stuff is fresh off the press....

Here is a list of all the different ones...
http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Catalog(1117)-SanDisk_microSD_andmicroSDHCCards.aspx
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 11 2007, 11:57 PM EST
**** *** ** OK !!! I hope this makes a lot of people happy. I just found a place to purchase the 8GB sandisk oem (original equipment manufacturer) HERE ISis the link.... http://techbargains.pricegrabber.com/user_sales_getprod.php?masterid=53348471&lot_id=7701803

I haven't orderd it yet, I'm going to check to make sure the phone will recognize it

Anonymous
Dec 12 2007, 1:53 AM EST
That''s a good point - I know the phone will use the 6 okay, but not sure about the 8 - please let us know what you find out, okay? Thanks - I am taking my '4' back to Costco, and ordered the '6' from Amazon (thanks, all) for something like $63.... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Where is a good non expensive place to get a 4gb or 6gb Micro SD
Dec 12 2007, 2:58 PM EST
Buy.com has a 4GB for $24

http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-4gb-mini-sdhc-high-capacity-secure-digital-flash-card-w-full/q/loc/101/205728879.html

Anonymous
Dec 12 2007, 8:43 PM EST
Received a 6gb scandisk today from Amazon. $71.82.
The 8gb are several weeks out.

Anonymous
Dec 13 2007, 2:41 PM EST
Be careful, the buy.com link in the post above for a 4GB for $24 is actually for a "mini" sc card and not "micro" which is what the AT&T Tilt requires. Do you find this valuable?    
wespixler
wespixler
Dec 13 2007, 4:55 PM EST
Amazon.com is selling both at reasonable prices Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 16 2007, 5:22 PM EST
anyone tried a 8 gb micro sdhc...............and if they did ..did it work..? Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Dec 16 2007, 6:34 PM EST
"anyone tried a 8 gb micro sdhc...............and if they did ..did it work..?"
I have seen that Chris Leckness, who created www.mobilitysite.com, has an 8GB MicroSDHC card and it has worked fine on his Tilt. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 22 2008, 11:05 AM EST
Newegg.com usually has good prices for microsdhc as well as other computer stuff along with cheap and fast shipping. I do all my electronics shopping from them. Good return policies too. Do you find this valuable?    
zachbranch

zachbranch
Feb 1 2008, 6:48 PM EST
"I bought a 4gb scandisk at staples for $120. Returned it and got the exact same 4gb at BestBuy for $71.99. Now I found a 6gb for the same price online somewhere either Kingston or Scandisk. I post the link if I find it. If you know of a place Please let us know. "
I will just say I bought a 8GB sandisk microsdhc card off of ebay. When it was all said and done, after shipping i was only out $67.00. If you have the time to wait for shipment I would honesly say go with ebay. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Where is a good non expensive place to get a 4gb or 6gb Micro SDH
Feb 6 2008, 2:42 PM EST
www.newegg.com has a 4GB MicroSDHC cards for around $20-$25 Do you find this valuable?    
bluathena

bluathena
RE: Where is a good non expensive place to get a 4gb or 6gb Micro SDH
Monday, 10:03 PM EDT
"www.newegg.com has a 4GB MicroSDHC cards for around $20-$25"
Newegg.com is the place to go. I looked for a 2gb card (that is all I need right now), cheapest price at $9.94, when everyone else was $20 or more. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors