• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Does ANY Bluetooth GPS receiver work with 8525 after WM6.0 upgrade?

Keyword tags: Bluetooth GPS receiver GPSlim236 Hermes incompatibility issues pairing TyTn TyTn/WM6.0/Bluetooth WM6.0 upgrade
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Jvandonk

Jvandonk
Does ANY Bluetooth GPS receiver work with 8525 after WM6.0 upgrade?
Jan 4 2008, 12:44 AM EST
I have tried two different receivers (Earthmate BT20 and Holux GPSlim236). Neither is able to pair with my HTC Hermes (8525). Has anyone else had similar difficulty, and/or found a solution to this problem?
TIA
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Does ANY Bluetooth GPS receiver work with 8525 after WM6.0 upgrade?
Jan 5 2008, 10:08 AM EST
I am having he same problem with a Navibe GPS receiver. My HTC touch sees the reciever but Windows live does not. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Jvandonk

Jvandonk
Jan 5 2008, 11:26 AM EST
I would be interested in seeing HTC and Microsoft blame each other in a public forum. My biggest concern/irritation is the lack of definitive information about this problem. Can anyone direct me to a current discussion of TyTn/WM6.0/Bluetooth incompatibility issues? Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 5 2008, 12:31 PM EST
"I have tried two different receivers (Earthmate BT20 and Holux GPSlim236). Neither is able to pair with my HTC Hermes (8525). Has anyone else had similar difficulty, and/or found a solution to this problem?
TIA"
Really? I have the Holux236 paired on my wife's 8525 with WM6. Did you set up the incoming COM port with the Holux? I have my wife's set at COM2 and I disabled the security passkey on her 8525. I tried the same settings on my 8525 and it worked fine. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 5 2008, 12:32 PM EST
"I am having he same problem with a Navibe GPS receiver. My HTC touch sees the reciever but Windows live does not."
Did you set the COM port on Windows Live? You have to goto Menu\settings. The second box lets you pick which COM port you set your GPS to. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Jvandonk

Jvandonk
Jan 5 2008, 2:26 PM EST
Actually, since my last post I read somewhere that you cannot have two BT devices working simultaneously. I don't really know what that means, but I turned off my BT headset, tried pairing again, and it worked. Then I turned my headset back on and it STILL worked!!! So I am good now. Thanks for all your feedback. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 7 2008, 9:09 PM EST
I have the Holux 240 - works like a charm. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Does ANY Bluetooth GPS receiver work with 8525 after WM6.0 upgrade
Jan 9 2008, 12:15 AM EST
i have tmobile dash it's made by htc and runs windows mobile 6.0 and will pair with a garmin nuvi fine Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 18 2008, 12:49 PM EST
I use the Global Stat BT-359. Workd with Telenav and Google Maps with no issues. I got mine at the AT&T store. Do you find this valuable?    
OnsiteInc
OnsiteInc
RE: Does ANY Bluetooth GPS receiver work with 8525 after WM6.0 upgrad
Jan 19 2008, 2:40 AM EST
I have a Garmin 10x receiver. I couldn't get it to work either, until I found this instruction on an MSDN blog, now it works great...

Start/Settings/Connnections/Bluetooth
Check the "Turn on Bluetooth" checkbox.
Press the Device tab.
Press "Add new device..."
select your GPS device and press Next.
Check the "Serial Port" checkbox and press Finish.
Press the COM Ports tab.
Press "New outgoing port..."
Select your device and press Next.
You will see a COM port that has been chosen for your GPS. For example, COM0.
Press Finish.
Now your GPS is set up on COM0. If you do not want to use the Intermediate Driver to share the GPS port, just start your GPS app and configure it to use COM0. If you do want to use the Intermediate Driver:

Start/Settings/System/GPS. (If you do not see GPS listed, see the registry hack above.)
Set the "GPS Program Port" to any unused COM port, for example, COM9.
Press the Hardware tab.
Set the Hardware Port to COM0.
Set the baud rate to the baud rate of your Bluetooth GPS (usually 4800, or 9600).
Press OK.
Start your GPS app and configure it to use COM9.

5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Does ANY Bluetooth GPS receiver work with 8525 after WM6.0 upgra
Feb 4 2008, 5:04 PM EST
"I have the Holux 240 - works like a charm."
can you please email how you got the 240 to work. thanks [email protected] Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 13 2008, 12:53 PM EST
I can´t get my 8525 to connect to my global sat bt-359. The phone finds the gps when i try to set up the connection, but the GPS never shows that it´s connected. (the LEDs supposed to blink faster when connected....)
Can you tell me how you did to manage it to work?
Thanks.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 5 2008, 2:25 PM EST
dude iwork for sprint and they suck lol 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Wiki pages
Top Contributors