• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: It is possible to save Contacts info into Memory Card?

Keyword tags: ActiveSync applications bluetooth cell phones faq Frequently Asked Questions smartphones
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

siseas

siseas
It is possible to save Contacts info into Memory Card?
Mar 5 2008, 4:16 PM EST
This is to freeup RAM of my HTC Touch with WM6. Thanks for any help. Enrique.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: It is possible to save Contacts info into Memory Card?
Mar 6 2008, 2:05 PM EST
To store the contacts on the storage card you have to go to file explorer (which is in Start, then Programs)
-in the upper right hand corner you'll see "Show". Click on "My Device"
-navigate down to "pim" file, then (on the lower right) click "menu", "edit" then "copy.
-go back up to "Show" and click on "Storage Card"
-then you can simply paste the "pim" into your storage card. So whenever you add more contacts you'll have to repeat all of this to keep the most recent file in storage.

If you end up losing all of your data, or having to reset your device back to it's factory settings you can simply copy the "pim" from your storage card and paste it back onto your device. You will have to rename the "pim" that's in "My Device" (to anything) so that it will accept the "pim" that you are moving in to the folder.
I found this on another forum.. hope this help....

After you've done all of this, you have to turn your phone off. When it comes back on your contacts are restored...good luck!
8  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
Datplaygurlbunny
Datplaygurlbunny
Mar 15 2008, 6:32 PM EDT
I have to say thank you, because right now, You dont know how much I love you right now! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 17 2008, 5:37 PM EDT
"To store the contacts on the storage card you have to go to file explorer (which is in Start, then Programs)
-navigate down to "pim" file, then (on the lower right) click "menu", "edit" then "copy.
-then you can simply paste the "pim" into your storage card. So whenever you add more contacts you'll have to repeat all of this to keep the most recent file in storage.

If you end up losing all of your data, or having to reset your device back to it's factory settings you can simply copy the "pim" from your storage card and paste it back onto your device. You will have to rename the "pim" that's in "My Device" (to anything) so that it will accept the "pim" that you are moving in to the folder.

After you've done all of this, you have to turn your phone off. When it comes back on your contacts are restored...good luck!
"
you are a genius. ur my hero of the day! thanks a lot! 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 8 2008, 7:01 PM EDT
"To store the contacts on the storage card you have to go to file explorer (which is in Start, then Programs)

"
Make sure when you copy your saved "pim' file from your storage card to your phone which you have reset to manufacturer defaults that you copy the file and no the folder. Aside from that it works perfectly, I had over 500 contacts on my phone and would have probably killed someone if it didn't work. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 7 2008, 12:28 AM EDT
oh my God thank you for that info!!!! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Yesterday, 5:36 AM EDT
Hey thanks I needed to restore my phone... I didnt read the instructions correctly to rename the pim at first and it didnt work but once I did that it worked thanks! Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors