• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Daylight Savings Calendar issues

Keyword tags: appointment calendar daylight savings outlook sync
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2 | Next

Anonymous
Daylight Savings Calendar issues
Dec 20 2007, 7:43 PM EST
Has anyone noticed what happens to appointments scheduled for Spring/Summer 2008 (and beyond) during daylight savings time months? If I schedule an appointment on the Tilt at Noon on April 1 and sync w/my desktop Outlook, the appt is at 1:00 p.m. on the desktop. Conversely, if I schedule an appointment for Noon on April 1 in Outlook on my desktop, it shows as 11:00 AM on the Tilt. Recurring appointments are affected as well, the 10:00 appointment I have on my desktop on the third Tuesday of each month shows as 9:00 on the Tilt during daylight savings months. HTC originally told me to just wait until daylight savings occurs, and the calendar would automatically move forward an hour. But what will happen to the appointments that I entered directly on the Tilt that I don't want to move forward an hour? They later told me that the problem has been "escalated" and a patch should be out soon - WHEN? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Daylight Savings Calendar issues
Jan 12 2008, 2:31 PM EST
I have a htc touch and when i schedule an all day appointment in the latter part of the year it completly moves the appointment to one day earlier. I hope there is a solution as no one i have spoken to has one 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 29 2008, 5:57 PM EST
Microsoft has an update out for Windows Mobile that is suppose to fix the daylight savings issue (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/daylightsaving/default.mspx). However, when I try to install the WM6DST2007-2.cab file on my tilt I get a message that installation was unsuccessful. According to microsoft "This error is rare, and can be fixed by restarting your device." Restarting has not helped me and meetings between March 11, 2007 and April 1, 2007 are still erroneously moved one hour earlier on my device. Please help. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 23 2008, 10:48 AM EST
I've got the same problem and have tried all updates including Microsuck's update. Nothing has fixed the problem. I've literally spent DOZENS of hours troubleshooting this, phoning AT&T, HTC, etc. Someone at HTC finally admitted that they were "ESCALATING" this issue (whatever that means) and I should expect a call the next day from them. I did not get the call and it's been three days. This is my THIRD Tilt since December! BEWARE OF THE TILT!!! 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 28 2008, 3:50 PM EST
"I've got the same problem and have tried all updates including Microsuck's update. Nothing has fixed the problem. I've literally spent DOZENS of hours troubleshooting this, phoning AT&T, HTC, etc. Someone at HTC finally admitted that they were "ESCALATING" this issue (whatever that means) and I should expect a call the next day from them. I did not get the call and it's been three days. This is my THIRD Tilt since December! BEWARE OF THE TILT!!!"
I have had the same problems everyone else is having and have spent countless hours and days on this issue. AT&T, HTC, no one can help. They tell me that they are working on a patch and have ESCULATED the issue. Same story everyone else is getting. I have run all patches available, I have even installed the new ROM and nothing has helped. What does work is to go in the your time zone and change the time zone to another time zone, and then change it back to your time zone. This will then correct the problem until you restart your phone or until it decides to fall back an hour again. When it falls back, I just repeat the process and it fixes it for a while. I just have to make sure that they fix is applied before I sync and I am ok. This is not a solution that I am happy with, but it is working for now. They tell me to continue to look at their website and Microsoft's website for a patch. I also did hear that it will fix itself after March 9. We'll see. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 28 2008, 10:05 PM EST
You can try this patch that was emailed to me tonight. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=949168. However, it didn't work for me. Everytime I restart my phone it reverts back again an hour March 9 forward. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 28 2008, 10:48 PM EST
I just tried this also . . . & the same thing happen. Very frustrating but thanks for your input. I hope this gets resolved soon. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 29 2008, 10:48 AM EST
Thanks for the link which worked for me which is surprising because the update on Microsoft's Windows Mobile site (which is where you're directed from HTC's Support site) didn't work. Mind you I have the Touch and not the Tilt. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 3 2008, 10:58 AM EST
HTC emailed me this patch on 2/28: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=949168. IT DOESN'T WORK! How frustrating. This really sucks. Countless hours wasted! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 6 2008, 9:41 AM EST
Interesting. I installed the latest patch (WMDST2008-1.cab) and it DID work. All of the appointments that were one hour off were now correct.

BUT, it fails if you power off or soft reset the Tilt! Everything goes back after reset to being one hour off. If you install the .cab again, it works again. So I can't power off my unit until this is fixed.

I am sure I installed the .cab OK, and it did reboot after installation as it is supposed to do.

Bob
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 6 2008, 10:08 PM EST
Well, waiting some time has shown that the soft reset is NOT causing the DST fix to reset. I had read on some other forums that it is thrown back by the Tilt getting a time update from the tower, which it only does periodically. Sure enough, after just waiting for a while the calendar events reverted back to an hour off again. So the "fix" for the patch of just not doing a soft reset is not going to work.

Does anybody have the status on what HTC is doing about this?

Bob

Anonymous
Mar 6 2008, 11:05 PM EST
I am having this same issue with the 8525 running WM6 and Outlook '03 -- tweaked all zones on the device, desktop, and Outlook, installed the Outlook patch, installed the MS patch, and though it said it worked, it hasn't fixed it. It's most all appointments but not all. They are random -- some before the DST delta period, some after, some before. This is atrocious -- it is the core function of these devices!!!! Now I'm never certain which is the right time for an appointment. Likewise, countless hours wasted. PLEASE FIX, HTC AND MS!!! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 7 2008, 4:14 PM EST
I received an email back from HTC that I should apply the new ROM and then re-apply the MS patch.

I am a bit skeptical but I guess that is the next step. I wondered whether I should upgrade the ROM as I am really not having any problems, but now I am!

Bob

Anonymous
Mar 8 2008, 2:19 PM EST
What a mess.

After exchanging a few emails with HTC support, they assured me that my system would be back as it was after doing the ROM upgrade and Sprite backup / restore. Well it wasn't. The restore only restored some applications, and I had to reload them and all of my email settings. It all took about 3 hours and I am still not sure I got it all restored.

BUT, it did not fix the calendar problem! Same symptoms - it looks correct after the MS DST patch, but after soft reset or within a couple of hours, the calendar entries are wrong again.

Isn't anybody else seeing this?

Bob

Anonymous
Mar 8 2008, 3:18 PM EST
Having the same problems. Unable to correct.
Steven

Anonymous
Mar 8 2008, 4:22 PM EST
steps to fix:

1) update your PC with the latest DST patch AND run the script to update the calendar entries (must do both)
2) make sure your IT admin updates ALL Microsoft servers with the latest DST patch (Exchange, etc)
3) select a different time zone (click apply) then reselect your time zone and click apply again

you MUST do 1 and 2 above or they will reset your device to the wrong time
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 8 2008, 5:25 PM EST
"steps to fix:

1) update your PC with the latest DST patch AND run the script to update the calendar entries (must do both)
2) make sure your IT admin updates ALL Microsoft servers with the latest DST patch (Exchange, etc)
3) select a different time zone (click apply) then reselect your time zone and click apply again

you MUST do 1 and 2 above or they will reset your device to the wrong time"
OK. I have the WMDST2008-1 patch, but don't know anything about a script. All the calendar entries on the PC Outlook are correct. I do remember running a PC patch or script last year to correct DST, but that should all have been taken care of now.

I have no servers, no Exchange.

I tried doing the time zone change - no difference.

Could you provide a bit more detail on exactly what to do when?

Thanks much, Bob

Anonymous
Mar 9 2008, 11:25 AM EDT
Still screwed up after time change! Do you find this valuable?    
bobnc

bobnc
Mar 9 2008, 11:37 AM EDT
Well, now it gets more interesting! When I woke up this AM I turned on the phone and ALL WAS OK! I een checked dates next December after DST and they were still correct. This is really strange. I reported my findings to HTC...

Bob

Anonymous
Mar 11 2008, 12:10 AM EDT
I have a T-Mobile Dash. I spent >1 hour with T-mobile and was finally told that the problem was with my computer's BIOS and that I needed to go to a computer store to fix it. :-) Then I found this Wiki. Here is what I had to do to fix the problem:

1) I installed the WMDST2008-1.cab on my Dash & ran it.

2) Installed the DST update (even though T-Mobile said I didn't need it, MS suggested I go ahead & do it). from the link given: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/daylightsaving/default.mspx

After completing steps 1 & 2, my device was not updated until I completed the final step of updating Windows Mobile from 6.0 to 6.1. My ActiveSync application was already updated.

After the install **all** my appointments were at their correct times. Phew!

Good Luck!
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Wiki pages
Top Contributors