• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Sync with Outlook or Exchange?

Keyword tags: exchange outlook sync
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

rganders

rganders
Sync with Outlook or Exchange?
Mar 9 2008, 12:11 PM EDT
I was able to sync my Mogul with my PC very quickly. However, I want to sync my contacts and tasks in Outlook with my Mogul. I use Outook, but we do not use Exchange.

Can I sync my Mogul with my Outlook client, or do I need an Exchange server?

Thanks!
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Sync with Outlook or Exchange?
Mar 9 2008, 3:49 PM EDT
"I was able to sync my Mogul with my PC very quickly. However, I want to sync my contacts and tasks in Outlook with my Mogul. I use Outook, but we do not use Exchange.

Can I sync my Mogul with my Outlook client, or do I need an Exchange server?

Thanks!"
You can sync your device with the Outlook on your PC (which does not require an Exchange Server), just follow the steps in the Activesync wizard that pops up when it detects your device for the first time. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 9 2008, 4:31 PM EDT
"You can sync your device with the Outlook on your PC (which does not require an Exchange Server), just follow the steps in the Activesync wizard that pops up when it detects your device for the first time."
Thank you. I thought I remembered that from somewhere in the manual or on the website, however, I do not recall that dialog when I connected for the first time. I wonder if there is a way to make it take a first time look all over again.

I had just moved my data from a Treo 650 and Palm to Outlook and the Mogul. I think I have confused Outlook.

Bob
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Mar 10 2008, 12:02 PM EDT
"Thank you. I thought I remembered that from somewhere in the manual or on the website, however, I do not recall that dialog when I connected for the first time. I wonder if there is a way to make it take a first time look all over again.

I had just moved my data from a Treo 650 and Palm to Outlook and the Mogul. I think I have confused Outlook.

Bob "
You can get to the Wizard again of you delete the partnership in Activesync, I think that is under Tools?? Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors