• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC Mogul disconnects since upgrading PC to Vista

Keyword tags: disconnect HTC Mogul Mobile Device Center Sync
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

thuot

thuot
HTC Mogul disconnects since upgrading PC to Vista
Jan 19 2008, 4:16 PM EST
I have a hard time syncing my phone on my Vista PC. The Mobile device center starts syncing the phone, but most of the time the device disconnects before the sync is complete. This never happened when I was using XP and Activesync on the same computer with the same phone. I am assuming it must be a driver in Vista which is flaky. I use a USB connect to do the sync. If anyone knows a solution to this problem, please advise. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: HTC Mogul disconnects since upgrading PC to Vista
Mar 19 2008, 11:56 AM EDT
similar problem, contacts and other outlook info wont sync on Vista any help please?
Do you find this valuable?    
thuot

thuot
RE: HTC Mogul disconnects since upgrading PC to Vista
Mar 19 2008, 3:32 PM EDT
"similar problem, contacts and other outlook info wont sync on Vista any help please?
"
I finally managed to get mine to work by turning off advanced network functionality.
Settings --> Connections --> USB to PC --> Uncheck the box "Enable advanced network functionality"
Since I did that, my syncs are fine and no more disconnects.
Hope this helps.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors