• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: my computer or activesync wont recognize my Cingular 8525

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
my computer or activesync wont recognize my Cingular 8525
Apr 7 2008, 9:00 PM EDT
please someone help, it wont connect by usb 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: my computer or activesync wont recognize my Cingular 8525
Apr 7 2008, 9:53 PM EDT
"please someone help, it wont connect by usb"
Is it that ActiveSync won't start or it just doesn't see your 8525 at all when you plug it in? Have you tried a different cable? Another idea would be to remove the ActiveSync partnership you have set up and then create a new partnership to sync. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 21 2008, 2:56 PM EDT
no i got the phone from a friend and reset everything so there are no connections when i plug it into my computer nothing comes up, it charges the phone but isnt recognized as a new hard ware and when i search for it its not there 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 21 2008, 4:33 PM EDT
"no i got the phone from a friend and reset everything so there are no connections when i plug it into my computer nothing comes up, it charges the phone but isnt recognized as a new hard ware and when i search for it its not there"
Have you tried a different mini-usb cable? Sometimes that works as well. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 21 2008, 4:38 PM EDT
yes still no success :( 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 3 2008, 3:25 PM EDT
on ur phone open active sync then menu the otption and select connections then check off the lido box it worked on mine. mines sync rightnow id like to walk it through more clearer but i can t sync and type and im to lazy to post after sorry good luck 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 3 2008, 4:37 PM EDT
"please someone help, it wont connect by usb"
I had this same problem. There is a check box that you have to uncheck...once unchecked it works.
There is a new communication protocol for ActiveSync that is supposed to add additional features. For me, it would not allow me to synchronize the device. You can turn this off by going to Settings, click the connections tab, then open 'USB to PC'. There you will find a checkbox for "Enable advanced network functionality". Turn the check box off and try synching again.
6  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors