• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Can't find them

Keyword tags: contacts outlook sync problem TyTn2
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

inaschapiro

inaschapiro
Can't find them
Apr 14 2008, 12:02 PM EDT
My list of Outlook Contacts on my laptop and on my newly bought TyTn 2 are not completely the same. It turns out that all of my closest contacts (some friends, some family - but not completely or either/or) does NOT appear on the TyTn, but still on my laptop. I have tried different "Filter" options on the device - but no luck. Even "all Contacts" does not reveal them.
How do I "find' them - or sync them? There is no error report after sync'ing....

Ina
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: Can't find them
Apr 14 2008, 12:24 PM EDT
"My list of Outlook Contacts on my laptop and on my newly bought TyTn 2 are not completely the same. It turns out that all of my closest contacts (some friends, some family - but not completely or either/or) does NOT appear on the TyTn, but still on my laptop. I have tried different "Filter" options on the device - but no luck. Even "all Contacts" does not reveal them.
How do I "find' them - or sync them? There is no error report after sync'ing....

Ina"
Which OS do you have on your computer? Vista or XP? It will help us to answer your questions as the syncing application used on each OS is different. Let me think on this a little more today and I can try to find a solution for you. Do you find this valuable?    
inaschapiro

inaschapiro
Apr 14 2008, 1:38 PM EDT
I have XP... Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Apr 14 2008, 1:53 PM EDT
"I have XP..."
Are all of your contacts in the same folder or did you create a sub-folder in your contacts for friends and such? If it is a separate folder, they wont sync. You can only sync with the default Outlook folder. Do you find this valuable?    
inaschapiro

inaschapiro
Apr 14 2008, 2:39 PM EDT
Hmmm.... What makes me think it might not be the problem is that the missing persons are from different folders... And therefore the "All contacts" folder should contain all...or? Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Apr 14 2008, 2:49 PM EDT
"Hmmm.... What makes me think it might not be the problem is that the missing persons are from different folders... And therefore the "All contacts" folder should contain all...or?"
All contacts will only be synced with your device if all of the contacts are in the default Outlook Folder.
From what you posted, the contacts that are missing from your device are not in your default Outlook Folder but rather in a different one which is why those arent getting to your device.

Anonymous
Apr 15 2008, 12:03 PM EDT
I didn't do much but set up the sync relationship and TyTn just coppied the contacts - including my "home" created categories. The weird thing is: By now I have found approx 6 missing in "Personal" 5 in "Sports" 3 in "No category", 1 in "Business", etc!!!!!!!!!!!! The rest of the members within a category have been coppied perfectly. The only thing the "missing persons" have in commen are that they are my closest family/friends/colleagues! Weird.

Any suggestions anyone???

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)