• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Contacts won't sync

Keyword tags: 8525 active sync (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

john713

john713
Contacts won't sync
Nov 29 2007, 2:12 AM EST
I have updated my active sync, upgraded to wm6 and since the upgrade I cannot sync my contacts. I cannot find anyone who has a good solid way to fix this problem. I did try to take the battery out like the post below states but didn't have any luck.

Please help.

Thank you in advance

John
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Contacts won't sync
Nov 29 2007, 8:34 PM EST
"I have updated my active sync, upgraded to wm6 and since the upgrade I cannot sync my contacts. I cannot find anyone who has a good solid way to fix this problem. I did try to take the battery out like the post below states but didn't have any luck.

Please help.

Thank you in advance

John"
OK, so are the Contacts you are trying to sync in the main Contacts folder in Outlook or are they in a subfolder? If they are in a subfolder, they wont sync; you can only sync with the main Outlook folder.
If they are in the main folder, have you tried:
Unchecking Contacts, syncing, rechecking contacts and syncing again?
Unchecking Contacts, syncing, adding a contact on your device, rechecking contacts and syncing again?
Do you get any kind of error from Activesync for Contacts?
More details please
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 30 2007, 3:09 AM EST
I'm having the same problem, and while I keep reading about people with this problem, I've yet to read a solution.

I have Windows Xp, Office 2007, ActiveSync 4.5, and WM6 for the AT&T 8525. My phone worked perfectly fine before this upgrade and now I just want to throw it ..

At first, I would hook it up to the computer and the green sync icon just turned and turned and eventually it stalls out giving me a connection error. Then, I made ActiveSync an exception within Windows Firewall and now it's at least getting past that part.

But now it goes to the screen that says synchronizing with the green icon turning and it sits there until either the end of time or I get mad and disconnect it.

I can go through ActiveSync's "Explore" and search my mobile phone, so I know it's seeing it, but it's just having an error somewhere along the way.

I've reinstalled the ROM and the ActiveSync program. I've ran Office Diagnostics and the Troubleshooter for ActiveSync, all are fine.

If anyone has a clue, or even suggestions, please share them because there are a ton of people having this problem and so far it appears that neither HTC or Microsoft has bothered to address this.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 10 2007, 2:19 AM EST
"I have updated my active sync, upgraded to wm6 and since the upgrade I cannot sync my contacts. I cannot find anyone who has a good solid way to fix this problem. I did try to take the battery out like the post below states but didn't have any luck.

Please help.

Thank you in advance

John"
Hi I was having the same problem until I realize I have to turn off my ZoneAlarm firewall before any synchronisation can occur. Hope this helps. 4  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 13 2008, 2:51 AM EDT
"I'm having the same problem, and while I keep reading about people with this problem, I've yet to read a solution.

I have Windows Xp, Office 2007, ActiveSync 4.5, and WM6 for the AT&T 8525. My phone worked perfectly fine before this upgrade and now I just want to throw it ..

At first, I would hook it up to the computer and the green sync icon just turned and turned and eventually it stalls out giving me a connection error. Then, I made ActiveSync an exception within Windows Firewall and now it's at least getting past that part.

But now it goes to the screen that says synchronizing with the green icon turning and it sits there until either the end of time or I get mad and disconnect it.

I can go through ActiveSync's "Explore" and search my mobile phone, so I know it's seeing it, but it's just having an error somewhere along the way.

I've reinstalled the ROM and the ActiveSync program. I've ran Office Diagnostics and the Troubleshooter for ActiveSync, all are fine.

If anyone has a clue, or even suggestions, please share them because there are a ton of people having this problem and so far it appears that neither HTC or Microsoft has bothered to address this. "
I solved this program by simply reinstalling activesync. I didn't unplug (or reset) the phone the whole time, so when activesync came back up, it couldn't "find" the phone. I unplugged and replugged the phone and tried again, and it worked fine. I disabled "allow internet calls and mms while connected to computer", disabled COM1 connections, and selected only contacts. I also shut down AVG antivirus before I did this, but left peerguardian and utorrent running. Outlook was closed. Hope that helps! I was banging my head against the wall for the better part of an evening on this one. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 26 2008, 5:37 PM EDT
i just formatted my computer cause of a virus, reinstalled windows, reinstalled outlook 2007 reinstalled the htc active sync cd and the phone wouldnt connect.
so i uninstalled activesync 4.5, downloaded off microsofts website and installed, and the phone sync's, but the calender and contacts dont show up in outlook.
both calender and contacts are on the sync list, and if i uncheck them i get a popup that says if i remove this from the list, all contact/calender entries will be deleted from the mobile device (cant have that its now my only copy)!
if anyone can help that would bo sooo good!
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 30 2008, 9:48 AM EDT
"i just formatted my computer cause of a virus, reinstalled windows, reinstalled outlook 2007 reinstalled the htc active sync cd and the phone wouldnt connect.
so i uninstalled activesync 4.5, downloaded off microsofts website and installed, and the phone sync's, but the calender and contacts dont show up in outlook.
both calender and contacts are on the sync list, and if i uncheck them i get a popup that says if i remove this from the list, all contact/calender entries will be deleted from the mobile device (cant have that its now my only copy)!
if anyone can help that would bo sooo good!"
I'm having a similar problem with my new cruise. Outlook will synch contacts to the device and I can also delete these from the device and it will synch back to outlook. My problem is that the hundred or so contacts I had on my SIM card before I purchased this cannot be synched. Do I need to copy them to the phone from the SIM card itself somehow?? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 30 2008, 9:58 AM EDT
"I'm having a similar problem with my new cruise. Outlook will synch contacts to the device and I can also delete these from the device and it will synch back to outlook. My problem is that the hundred or so contacts I had on my SIM card before I purchased this cannot be synched. Do I need to copy them to the phone from the SIM card itself somehow??"
Probably should have read that manual! I managed to go to sim manager, select them all then copy to device. Outlook now synchs. Only problem is contact list still shows new contacts on list as well as SIM list so 2X everything. Obviously something else I should have read. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 9 2008, 6:06 AM EDT
"Probably should have read that manual! I managed to go to sim manager, select them all then copy to device. Outlook now synchs. Only problem is contact list still shows new contacts on list as well as SIM list so 2X everything. Obviously something else I should have read."
Worked perfectly !! on XP2 with Outlook 2007, Activesync 4.5 and IE6 installed. Can't believe I spent hours repairing, unistalling, unchecking etc etc. The simplest solution is always the best. Thanks for the tip. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 15 2008, 4:40 AM EDT
I have a HTC Touch Diamond + Outlook 2007 + Activesync 2007. My existing contacts are in Outlook. I can't get them to sync with my HTC. The strange thing is when I add a NEW contact on my phone or Outlook it DOES SYNC. I don't want to type in al those contacts again.

I did the following
- unchecked/checked Contatcs in Activesync
- recreated partnership
- reinstalled Activesync
- disabled firewall / antivirus
- upgrade outlook 2003 . 2007
- scanpst.exe to repait pst files
- exported / imported contacts

other info:
- My SIM doesn't contain contacts.
- I have the latest ROM installed

I've checked so many forums, but there is still no fix for this problem. I'm about to reinstall Windows as a last resort...
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Tuesday, 7:17 AM EDT
I have a problem that is similar, but not exactly the same. I have a HTC Touch Diamond and I have synced it with a Windows PC. Now I have a new PC and my old one is gone. I want to sync my HTC with this new computer. When I establish a new connection I can't choose to sync my contacts and calendar. When I try to check the boxes Active sync tells me that I can't sync theese things as I already sync them with another computer. If a establish a connection and then try to uncheck the calendar and contact boxes for my old computer active sync tells me that all my contacts and calendar items will be deleted from my HTC. This would be a disaster as they are my only backup at the moment. The same thing happens if I try to delete the old computer from active sync. HELP!!! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Tuesday, 1:49 PM EDT
i'm having a similar problem. I have a T-mobile shadow. worked great before syncing my work laptops outlook calender to my phone. then (foolishly) I tried to synch it to my home computer to put my calender there. i did not get a warning of two computers but what happens now is that my phone wont synch with either. i'm getting an error saying it cant connect to server (80000eff) try again later. I know the server is working and the phoe worked before.

I deleted all exchange and PC patnerships, only set up one (getting rid of the home), I rebooted the computer, reinstalled activesync, shut my phone on and off, and even did the dreaded delete all info off the phone (losing contacts and calender) AND still it did NOT work.

My next step is to restore to factory default unless someone can help. thx
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)