• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Unlocking Phone When A Password is Set.

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Unlocking Phone When A Password is Set.
Aug 1 2007, 7:34 PM EDT
Does anyone know how to unlock the mogul if you don't know the password? I just got the pjone yesterday, and already have a million things saved on it, and I was messing around and exploring the phone when I was checking out the lock settings I guess I accidently tapped some characters and set a password, and not knowing turned off the phone and now have nooooo clue what the password is it keeps asking for. I do NOT want to do a hard reset cause I tried synching the phone yesterday, but for whatever reason it wouldn't and I didn't have time to mess with it, and now I have nothing saved on my Computer in case I have to do A hard reset. I hope someone has a solution. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Unlocking Phone When A Password is Set.
Sep 4 2007, 12:33 PM EDT
Activesync wont allow you to run a sync with the device until it is unlocked. There is no way to retrieve the password or override it; this is a security feature. The only option is a Hard Reset that will remove all of your data from then unit and return it to out-of-box condition. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 4 2007, 11:52 AM EST
how do you hard reset? Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Dec 4 2007, 1:06 PM EST
"how do you hard reset?"
Press and hold the left and right soft key while performing a soft reset, if yoo do it right, you'll get a screen asking you to confirm the hard reset. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 23 2007, 7:36 PM EST
ok i tried that on my tilt and its not working .what am i doing wrong
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
Dec 24 2007, 11:43 AM EST
Were you able to Hard Reset it or is that what you are having trouble with? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 31 2007, 12:05 AM EST
i set a new password on my tmobile wizard and everytime i type it in it says its wrong!! im going to cry!! please help me is ther anyway i can reset the password?? Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Dec 31 2007, 11:24 AM EST
"i set a new password on my tmobile wizard and everytime i type it in it says its wrong!! im going to cry!! please help me is ther anyway i can reset the password??"
Once you have set a password, there is no workaround other than Hard Resetting the device and deleting all the data on your device. Are you sure your putting the password in correctly (selecting the correct input mode on the device for letters or numbers)? 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 29 2008, 11:25 AM EDT
I am having the same problem with my tilt. I thought I set the password up to be all alpha characters but it does not allow me to input the password in ay way other than numeric. What am I doing wrong? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 20 2008, 12:34 AM EST
i have an at&t tilt and i put a letter password and when i try to put the password in it does not work can someone help please Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 20 2008, 6:57 AM EST
i put letters on my password and when i try to put it on it wont work so how do i hard reset my phone i have the tilt Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
Dec 20 2008, 11:24 AM EST
"i put letters on my password and when i try to put it on it wont work so how do i hard reset my phone i have the tilt"
Depress the two soft keys, the keys with the - on them inside of the red and green keys. Hold down while inserting the stylus into the soft reset hole at the bottom of the phone, Dpress the soft reset button and release, while still depressing the two soft keys. A warning will appear on the screen, release the soft keys and follow the screen directs. If the warning does not appear the phone will merely soft reset and you will have to do it again, I find it easier to depress the soft keys with two pencils or something , because my fingers keep sliding off the soft keys and I have to do it sveral times before it hard resets. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 25 2008, 10:03 PM EST
"Does anyone know how to unlock the mogul if you don't know the password? I just got the pjone yesterday, and already have a million things saved on it, and I was messing around and exploring the phone when I was checking out the lock settings I guess I accidently tapped some characters and set a password, and not knowing turned off the phone and now have nooooo clue what the password is it keeps asking for. I do NOT want to do a hard reset cause I tried synching the phone yesterday, but for whatever reason it wouldn't and I didn't have time to mess with it, and now I have nothing saved on my Computer in case I have to do A hard reset. I hope someone has a solution."
"I am not sure if this will help you but I recently forgot my password on my tilt phone and this is what I had to do to reset it. I had to hold the keys that are right and left of the center (the keys inside next to red and green button) and while holding that down hit the reset button with my stylus. Once you do that, you have to wait 30 seconds and reboot your phone. A white screen comes up telling you that you will lose all your info on the phone. I did so and my phone came right back up and did not prompt me to enter in a new password. It does not mess up your sim card. I called AT & T and they told me how to do this. Hope it helps." Do you find this valuable?    
Site pages
Top Contributors