• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

AT&T Tilt vs HTC TyTN II

Keyword tags: difference HTC TyTN II tilt
Watch
Become a member of the HTC community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
AT&T Tilt vs HTC TyTN II
Jan 2 2008, 8:53 AM EST
Hello,
I'd like to know all the differences between AT&T Tilt and HTC TyTN II. Only the front camera changes or sth else?
Thanks for your kind replies.

Mauro

Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: AT&T Tilt vs HTC TyTN II
Jan 2 2008, 9:36 AM EST
"Hello,
I'd like to know all the differences between AT&T Tilt and HTC TyTN II. Only the front camera changes or sth else?
Thanks for your kind replies.

Mauro

"
Here are some additional differences:

1. The AT&T version has more bloatware on it and is limited to only 125MB of available space. The TyTN II removes all of that and has 140 MB free.

2. Software - The TyTN II comes with Microsoft Live Services, a business card scanner application, the HTC Tabbed plugin, a better communications manager that has a 3G on/off switch, the ability to turn the clicking noise off from TouchFLO, and different skin colors. Of course, all of these are available from www.xda-developers.com. Look at the beginning of the Tilt wiki page here and you will see that I have posted links to most of these things.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 2 2008, 12:19 PM EST
Hi Rainmann76!
I am betatester for Spb Software House and I observe that it would be possible taht Tilt have more problems (freezing, memory and battery leak, etc) than TyTn II Kaiser.
So, did you have some other informations regarding this tread ?
Other thing: could you please give me the url of the Tilt wiki page?
Thanks!!!
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 2 2008, 1:16 PM EST
"Hi Rainmann76!
I am betatester for Spb Software House and I observe that it would be possible taht Tilt have more problems (freezing, memory and battery leak, etc) than TyTn II Kaiser.
So, did you have some other informations regarding this tread ?
Other thing: could you please give me the url of the Tilt wiki page?
Thanks!!!"
I have a lot of applications from Spb and have not noticed any serious memory leaks when I was using them. Specifically, I was using Mobile Shell 1.5, Spb Weather, Pocket Plus, and Phone Suite. Right now, I am just using the phone suite. As for the link to the Tilt Wiki page it's right here:

http://htcwiki.com/page/ATT+TILT

As far as additional information, the items I listed above are the only major differences as far as software goes. Hardware wise, the only difference as you mentioned, is the front facing camera. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Cassatta
Cassatta
Jan 4 2008, 3:40 AM EST
Thank you for your informations!
I don't know what exactly is the Htc Cube but I downloaded it on my Kaiser but I don't know how activate or use it!
Thanks!
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 4 2008, 9:04 AM EST
"Thank you for your informations!
I don't know what exactly is the Htc Cube but I downloaded it on my Kaiser but I don't know how activate or use it!
Thanks!"
The HTC Touch Cube is an application from the HTC Touch. To activate it, drag your finger from the bottom of the screen straight to the top. Then, a neat animated menu will pop up. Once it's up, if you swipe your finger from left to right, 2 other menus will appear in another yet cool animated effect. It basically makes some features accesible in large finger friendly buttons. The menus are:

1. The first menu has buttons to access the media player, photo viewer and video viewer.

2. The second menu has buttons for email, sms/mms, Internet Explorer, Tasks, the Comm Manager and calendar.

3. The last menu is for photo contacts.

When you are done, just swipe from top to bottom and it will close.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 11 2008, 5:50 PM EST
is the TyTN II the same as the mogul ppc6800 Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 11 2008, 10:46 PM EST
hell no Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Related Content (what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)