• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Freezing

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt HTC TyTN II kaiser tilt
Watch
Become a member of the HTC community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

madw
madw
Freezing
Monday, 11:34 AM EST
My Tilt will freeze at random. It will not make or receive calls until it is rebooted. It can freeze when it is not in use or when it is in use and drop the call. At this point the only cure is to reboot the device (or throw it against the wall). I think the problem is in the FIRMWARE or SOFTWARE.
Why can't HTC or MICROSOFT come up with a fix for this problem when they are aware of it.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Freezing
Monday, 12:10 PM EST
I just talked to htc with a somewhat similiar prob. mine freezes when not being used for awhile. the answer they gave was go into settings then system and power and uncheck the sleep box. also go into personal and then today then items then uncheck the today timeout hopefully that will help Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela

Sgarrela
Monday, 8:09 PM EST
My Tilt does the same thing. I just reset it today when I couldn't make a call, and found that I had 8 voice mail messages from as much as 6 hours ago. I'm thinking of upgrading the ROM with the new 1.62 Version, but I don't know if it will address/fix this problem. Has anyone else updated their Tilt 1.57 Rom to the new 1.62 Version. If so how did it work? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Monday, 10:26 PM EST
i updated mine bluetooth seemed better but thats all i noticed so far Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
madw
madw
Yesterday, 10:30 AM EST
Yes I did update to 1.62 and this did no good at all. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Yesterday, 10:48 AM EST
it still freezes
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
marmad713

marmad713
Yesterday, 10:53 AM EST
my first tilt was totally screwed u should send back if its that bad Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Today, 9:34 AM EST
same here.. mine freezes all the time, even with new firmware .. phone alarm clock didn't go off and I was late for work several times b/c my phone froze in the middle of the night. this sucks. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Today, 10:09 AM EST
Has anyone here installed the KaiserTweaks on your phones? I have this installed on my Tilt and it does not have any problems. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
uconncowboy
uconncowboy
Today, 11:05 AM EST
I have installed kaiser Tweaks on mine and the only issue I have is that sometimes when I try to make a call it will just sit in "dialing" mode for like 2 minutes then hang up. It also will not send/receive texts during this time. It makes me angry, but soft reset fixes the issue. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
uconncowboy
uconncowboy
Today, 11:06 AM EST
"I have installed kaiser Tweaks on mine and the only issue I have is that sometimes when I try to make a call it will just sit in "dialing" mode for like 2 minutes then hang up. It also will not send/receive texts during this time. It makes me angry, but soft reset fixes the issue."
...and I have installed 1.62... Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela

Sgarrela
Today, 12:19 PM EST
I have had the same problem that my Tilt will not dial out. When I reset the phone recently, I had 8 voice mail messages. The frustration here is that the phone freezes and you don't know it until you try to call out. It could be frozen for days and you would miss all incoming calls - they go to voice mail. I'm getting to the point that I call my phone from my land line several times a day to make sure it's receiving calls. HTC must come up with a reliable fix for this problem. My 8125 was much more reliable. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Related Content (what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)