• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Correct GPS Settings TytnII

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt GPS HTC TyTN II kaiser No GPS device tilt Tom Tom
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

JCGBravo

JCGBravo
Correct GPS Settings TytnII
Mar 4 2008, 2:01 AM EST
I have been trying to get the GPS to work on my HTC tytnII but no luck so far.
I know that the GPS is activated from any suitable GPS application like the Tom Tom navigator product bundled with my device.
But when running Tom Tom on my device it keeps telling me that there is no GPS device. I have tried to fiddle around with the external GPS settings on the off-chance, but no joy.
Has anyone got it to work, if so: please share! :)

John
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Correct GPS Settings TytnII
Mar 10 2008, 6:31 PM EDT
i m affraid that i can t help you by solving this problem but its now easier knowing i m not alone with this prob. hopefully one can help us some day on this issue.

kind regards
karl
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 10 2008, 9:11 PM EDT
You need to set up TomTom to use the NMEA GPS receiver. Set it to COM4 with a Baud Rate of 4800 and it will work. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 14 2008, 7:11 AM EDT
HI - I have been using the tytnII with Navigon 5 for 3 months now - selected 'other receiver' and it found the GPS fine. Google maps also worked fine. Last week on a trip to the US it simply lost the GPS receiver....now when I try to reset the receiver it crashes the phone...any ideas what's happening here ? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 4 2008, 9:15 AM EDT
Thanks Rainman that fixed it. I could not find any other documentation covering this. It really helped. Do you find this valuable?    
Yomero_rey

Yomero_rey
Apr 4 2008, 1:07 PM EDT
Regards.
read in other forum that the correct baud rate must be 9600, only with this date will work correctly, but need to download efemerides, data needed for the gps to "know" where are you in earth and begin to detects your local coordinates and position you in maps (sorry for my grammar errors)

Anonymous
Apr 19 2008, 4:21 PM EDT
"You need to set up TomTom to use the NMEA GPS receiver. Set it to COM4 with a Baud Rate of 4800 and it will work."
In my case it worked with a Baud Rate of 9600.
Thanks much for the tip!

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors