• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: WM6 Update...

Keyword tags: AT&T 8525 Dopod 838 Pro Dopod CHT 9000 HTC Hermes HTC TyTN O2 XDA trion Orange SPV M3100 T-Mobile MDA Vario II VPA Compact III
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

dreemz

dreemz
WM6 Update...
Nov 2 2007, 5:03 AM EDT
I have the HTC TyTN, and not 8525. Does that mean that the ROM upgrade will not work for me? I've tried to run the installer and when it gets to a certain point it closes my Active Sync, so my connection is always lost. Any ideas? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: WM6 Update...
Nov 2 2007, 10:04 AM EDT
I have the same problem. It closes the activesync and give an error message of 260 or connection lost. Any Idea? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 2 2007, 12:01 PM EDT
I was getting the same thing to. The trick is to connect the device before running the RUU. It will make the screen turn into a pretty tri-color (blue, red, green I think). That should happen during the "Veryifying PC status" or whatever message. Follow the rest of the steps and you should be good to go. Ignore the one step where it says ActiveSync needs to going.

Make sure you back up any and all personal data.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Nov 2 2007, 10:22 PM EDT
Are you using the correct ROM update? Just making sure you have pulled the TyTN ROM and not the one for the 8525.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
kakolesha
kakolesha
Nov 2 2007, 11:50 PM EDT
I have the same model and had no problem installing WM6 update. Close all windows; have your device plugged before you open the download; Make sure that you are downloading the correct ROM. (Stay away form that of AT&T 8525); Also, back up anything you want to keep from the TyTN. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 25 2008, 2:20 PM EST
I had this same problem when I tried the update through Vista and new mobile center. I tried several different ways, but couldn't get the update to start (failed everytime, when ROM update was about to start). I changed to do the update with XP and traditional Active sync. That worked and now I have WM6 installed! Do you find this valuable?    
Shephild
Shephild
Jan 31 2008, 9:55 PM EST
You must make sure your Hermes version is: "Herm100" for the new 3.62 ROM to load properly. Be sure to soft reset BEFORE at&t customizations start loading. They just add bloatware and rob you of memory. You'll have to set up data connection manually afterward. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 7 2008, 10:27 AM EST
I have the same problem. where can I get the correct TyTN ROM and not the one for the 8525. Thanks Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Wiki pages
Top Contributors