• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: 8525 Active Sync Support Code 85020006 after Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade

Keyword tags: AT&T 8525 Dopod 838 Pro Dopod CHT 9000 HTC Hermes HTC TyTN O2 XDA trion Orange SPV M3100 T-Mobile MDA Vario II VPA Compact III
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
8525 Active Sync Support Code 85020006 after Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade
Feb 19 2008, 3:29 PM EST
ISeveral of the devices when plugged into the user's computers via USB get the Active Sync error: Cannot connect with current connection settings. To check your connection settings, select Start, then Settings. Support Code: 85020006.

The device syncs using the data connection just fine, and also is able to access the internet so I know it is not the internet or mail server settings.

The thing is that this device has the exact same settings as another working device but the working device does not get the error when connected to the PC.

I have checked the following settings on the non-working device vs. the working device:
1) Start > Settings > Connections tab > Connections > Media Net > Manage existing connections
2) Start > Settings > Connections tab > Connections > Advanced tab > Select Networks > Media Net & My Work Network
3) Offline Active Sync > Menu > Options > Microsoft Exchange > Settings >
4) Active Sync > Menu > Schedule
5) Active Sync > Menu > Configure Server
6) Active Sync > Menu > Connections

I have checked the following settings in Active Sync on the PC with device plugged in and connected:
A) File > Connection Settings
B) Tools > Options > Microsoft Exchange
C) Tools > Options > Settings
D) Tools > Options > Schedule tab
E) Tools > Options > Security Tab
F) Tools > Configure Server Source

There is nothing on the MS Websites and all other instructions on other forums are too vague to follow.

Anybody know what to do to resolve this error?
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: 8525 Active Sync Support Code 85020006 after Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade
Feb 19 2008, 10:01 PM EST
"ISeveral of the devices when plugged into the user's computers via USB get the Active Sync error: Cannot connect with current connection settings. To check your connection settings, select Start, then Settings. Support Code: 85020006.

The device syncs using the data connection just fine, and also is able to access the internet so I know it is not the internet or mail server settings.

The thing is that this device has the exact same settings as another working device but the working device does not get the error when connected to the PC.

I have checked the following settings on the non-working device vs. the working device:
1) Start > Settings > Connections tab > Connections > Media Net > Manage existing connections
2) Start > Settings > Connections tab > Connections > Advanced tab > Select Networks > Media Net & My Work Network
3) Offline Active Sync > Menu > Options > Microsoft Exchange > Settings >
4) Active Sync > Menu > Schedule
5) Active Sync > Menu > Configure Server
6) Active Sync > Menu > Connections

I have checked the following settings in Active Sync on the PC with device plugged in and connected:
A) File > Connection Settings
B) Tools > Options > Microsoft Exchange
C) Tools > Options > Settings
D) Tools > Options > Schedule tab
E) Tools > Options > Security Tab
F) Tools > Configure Server Source

There is nothing on the MS Websites and all other instructions on other forums are too vague to follow.

Anybody know what to do to resolve this error?"
It sounds like the device is trying to use the PC's internet connection when it is plugged in and cant due to a registry setting on the PC. I had this issue on my last laptop but never got the chance to get into the registry (per some forums I found talking about this issue) as it was replaced. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: 8525 Active Sync Support Code 85020006 after Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade
Mar 6 2008, 4:15 PM EST
On your computer, open ActiveSync - Click on "File" - "Connection Settings". In the field titled "This computer is connected to:" select "The Internet". Then press "OK". This should take care of your problem... at least it did for me... 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: 8525 Active Sync Support Code 85020006 after Windows Mobile 6 Upgr
Mar 10 2008, 10:31 PM EDT
hi,

i had all these problems and was getting nowhere. i was running WM 5 with no trouble whatsoever and never quite got round to installing WM6. fear of change or something like that. so, anyway, one day my dopod 838pro suddenly stopped synching with the server via USB to my work PC. it would synch from home through my home wi-fi, but not through work PC. PC IT guy stumpted.

several hard reboots and re-installs of Activesynch 4.5 later, it still wouldn't work.

i then tried to install WM6. alas, getting the same problem.

i've finally lucked out. the following settings work.

on pc try setting as follows:

File > connection settings:
click "allow connection settings to one of the following" and choose com 1.
on "this computer is connected to" choose the Internet.

on PDA File >settings> connections > USB to PC, it is ok to check the "enable enhanced functionality box".

the above works for me. synching is slower than before, but at least it synchs. the problem seems almost totally random. good luck in fixing what is a frustrating problem.

it'd be good if HTC gave some definitive advice. is anyone at HTC listening on this?

5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: 8525 Active Sync Support Code 85020006 after Windows Mobile 6 Upgr
Mar 27 2008, 7:02 PM EDT
Hello All!

I had the exact same problem with connecting my 8525 to my windows vista conputer which uses Windows Mobile Device Center. Everything was working correctly on the phone, but I got the error posted in this thread on the PC when trying to sync.

I went into the Windows Mobile Device Center>Mobile Device Settings>Connections Settings and in the dropdown selection for "The computer is connected to:" , I selected "The Internet". After this the sync performed just fine.

Hope this helps!
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors