• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: 8925 Bluetooth problems after ROM update

Keyword tags: Bluetooth HTC8925
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

vlad7777

vlad7777
8925 Bluetooth problems after ROM update
Apr 11 2008, 9:21 PM EDT
Hi, I hope to get some help in here.
I had no problems pairing my 8925 with headphones and my Jeep Uconnect.
Then I had called Tech support for a charging issue and they suggested that I get the latest ROM 1.62.502.0 from HTC site (which I promptly did).

Now I can pair with headphone BlueAnt Z9 - but with Uconnect it is a weird problem. I pair the phone OK, then I can receive calls, I can use Voice Dial to dial out BUT if I try to originate a call from my phone dial pad - it shows that it is in handsfree mode (icon is there) but it never invokes the UConnect.
The phone dials out and there is no way (ayt least I did not find a way) to get th esound via UConnect, I have to hit menu, then "Turn Hands free off" - then talk on th ephone without Hands-free Uconnect. I tried several times deleting the pairing and establishing the pairing again - but the result is same - I cannot initiate a handsfree call when dialing from the handset, but can do it if dial using UConnect voice dial.
The new ROM was supposed to make improvements to Bluetooth connectivity - not my case.
I hope that I am overlooking some easy fix and someone could steer me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance
Vladimir
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: 8925 Bluetooth problems after ROM update
Apr 12 2008, 9:57 AM EDT
"Hi, I hope to get some help in here.
I had no problems pairing my 8925 with headphones and my Jeep Uconnect.
Then I had called Tech support for a charging issue and they suggested that I get the latest ROM 1.62.502.0 from HTC site (which I promptly did).

Now I can pair with headphone BlueAnt Z9 - but with Uconnect it is a weird problem. I pair the phone OK, then I can receive calls, I can use Voice Dial to dial out BUT if I try to originate a call from my phone dial pad - it shows that it is in handsfree mode (icon is there) but it never invokes the UConnect.
The phone dials out and there is no way (ayt least I did not find a way) to get th esound via UConnect, I have to hit menu, then "Turn Hands free off" - then talk on th ephone without Hands-free Uconnect. I tried several times deleting the pairing and establishing the pairing again - but the result is same - I cannot initiate a handsfree call when dialing from the handset, but can do it if dial using UConnect voice dial.
The new ROM was supposed to make improvements to Bluetooth connectivity - not my case.
I hope that I am overlooking some easy fix and someone could steer me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance
Vladimir"
Sometimes it's the software used by the auto manufacturer. I did a review for pocketnow.com trying Ford's SYNC system with a TyTN II and a Tilt and it worked perfectly. I'm not too familiar with Jeep's system, so I can't be of more assistance to you. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 12 2008, 11:36 AM EDT
The original Tilt was pairing and working with UCONNECT perfectly - only after ROM update it became a problem. When I first powered up - the phone came up with a message "UCONNECT wants to connect - do you want to accept?" - I answered yes and it went through the motions asking for passkey BUT the Phone BT has a very short wait time - so by the time the UCONNECT comes back and asks to repeat the Password - the phone disconnects, and pairing fails. After the passkey is entered, the phone BT only gives 2-3 seconds before it fails - not enough to say the passkey and get the acknowledgemment from UCONNECT.
When I initiate pairing from the UCONNECT - it does all steps, but then I cannot initiate the hands-free call from the phone - only from UCONNECT.
The car software doid not change only the ROM on the phone. I think if I kne how to increase the wait delay when pairing - it light work, but I do not see how to do it.
I could noit get any techsupport person to give me reasonable help so far
But I hear that a new new ROM is coming soon along with WM6.1 - may be this will fix it.
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 12 2008, 2:14 PM EDT
"The original Tilt was pairing and working with UCONNECT perfectly - only after ROM update it became a problem. When I first powered up - the phone came up with a message "UCONNECT wants to connect - do you want to accept?" - I answered yes and it went through the motions asking for passkey BUT the Phone BT has a very short wait time - so by the time the UCONNECT comes back and asks to repeat the Password - the phone disconnects, and pairing fails. After the passkey is entered, the phone BT only gives 2-3 seconds before it fails - not enough to say the passkey and get the acknowledgemment from UCONNECT.
When I initiate pairing from the UCONNECT - it does all steps, but then I cannot initiate the hands-free call from the phone - only from UCONNECT.
The car software doid not change only the ROM on the phone. I think if I kne how to increase the wait delay when pairing - it light work, but I do not see how to do it.
I could noit get any techsupport person to give me reasonable help so far
But I hear that a new new ROM is coming soon along with WM6.1 - may be this will fix it. "
Did you try pairing by adding the Jeep UCONNECT from the Tilt instead? That should give you more time to add the passkey. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 12 2008, 3:08 PM EDT
Yes - from the Tilt it gives me 2-3 seconds and by the the time I speak the code to the UConnect and it repeats it back to me and asks if it is "OK" - the Tilt is already shows "failed".
If I do it from the UConnect - the time is not a problem, but the pairing is only half way.
However, if I use my BT Headset - and dial from the Tilt - it does switch over to BT automatically - starnge....

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors