• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Bluetooth transfer on HTC Touch

Keyword tags: Bluetooth File transfer HTC Touch
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

saamynom
saamynom
Bluetooth transfer on HTC Touch
Mar 30 2008, 7:49 AM EDT
Hi there! Can anyone tell me whats a difference between Beam and Bluetooth? further more when i start to recieve any big file to my HTC Touch from any symbian mobile it goes directly to the phone memory which then give critically low memory message! can i change the path to the storage card..? plz help me .... thanks for any help... Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: Bluetooth transfer on HTC Touch
Mar 30 2008, 8:39 AM EDT
"Hi there! Can anyone tell me whats a difference between Beam and Bluetooth? further more when i start to recieve any big file to my HTC Touch from any symbian mobile it goes directly to the phone memory which then give critically low memory message! can i change the path to the storage card..? plz help me .... thanks for any help..."
Beaming is a carryover from the infrared sensor that older PDA's and some current devices used. It was used to transfer information the contact data. It's a slow way to transfer data. Bluetooth does the same thing but faster. The other disadvantage for IR is that it requires the of sight 90 well it has to be no more than 6 inches aport. Bluetooth doesn't require line of sight and can work up to 30 feet away. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Windows Update to mobile 6.1
Friday, 4:53 PM EDT
Now that microsoft has come up with windows mobile 6.1, can HTC touch be updated to that??? How? Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Windows Update to mobile 6.1
Friday, 5:28 PM EDT
"Now that microsoft has come up with windows mobile 6.1, can HTC touch be updated to that??? How?"
You will need to see if it is offered for your model. If you have a carrier branded model, you would need to check with the carrier. If it is an HTC branded model, you would have to register for HTC eClub to see the downloads avaialble. right now, I dont know of any HTC device that WM6.1 is being offered for yet. You can also check http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2008/apr08/04-01WM61PR.mspx Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)