• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Internet sharing via bluetooth

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

akd1979

akd1979
Internet sharing via bluetooth
Apr 10 2008, 1:52 PM EDT
I can share GPRS internet on my laptop though the USB cable.

But I am unable to use the option "Bluetooth PAN".
My operating system is WinXP Home
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Internet sharing via bluetooth
Apr 10 2008, 3:04 PM EDT
"I can share GPRS internet on my laptop though the USB cable.

But I am unable to use the option "Bluetooth PAN".
My operating system is WinXP Home"
Have you already created a BT partnership between your device and PC??? Please tell us what you have done to set this up and where you run into trouble... Do you find this valuable?    
akd1979

akd1979
Apr 11 2008, 12:47 AM EDT
If there was a place here to upload images, I would have shown what I did.

Anyway, I set up the bluetooth config on my laptop and switched on Bluetooth on mobile as well as on laptop.
Then went to "internet sharing" and selected "Bluetooth PAN". After this I opened my Internet explorer on my PC and tried to open www.google.com
But no page opened as there was no connection established.

The connection works well with my USB though.
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 11 2008, 7:26 AM EDT
"If there was a place here to upload images, I would have shown what I did.

Anyway, I set up the bluetooth config on my laptop and switched on Bluetooth on mobile as well as on laptop.
Then went to "internet sharing" and selected "Bluetooth PAN". After this I opened my Internet explorer on my PC and tried to open www.google.com
But no page opened as there was no connection established.

The connection works well with my USB though."
You have to select Join Personal Area Network on your laptop's bloctooth icon after starting Internet Sharing on the Touch. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
akd1979

akd1979
Apr 11 2008, 11:25 PM EDT
Unfortunately I do not have that option when I right-click on the bluetooth icon.
I think WinXP home does not have that option.

Anonymous
Aug 3 2008, 3:13 PM EDT
Well even if I did select Join Personal Area Network, my laptop could not establish a connection with the HTC in order to connect to the Internet, while both devices were already paired. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 1 2008, 1:59 AM EDT
Hi AKd CAn you please let me know how you are able to share gprs internet on your mobilee via cable....

I have got HTC touch p3450, plus dell laptop running windows vista home premium, GPRS is activated on my touch. How can i share it with my laptop. Plz reply my email id is [email protected]

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors