• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Unit lockups while using bluetooth

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2 3 4 5  | Next > Last

Anonymous
Unit lockups while using bluetooth
Nov 4 2007, 7:31 AM EST
I've just bought a bluetooth headset (plantronics) and my phone is locking up after the screen is shut off. I have to softreset everytime and while it is locked up, I can't receive any phone calls. Any ideas if it is the phone or the headset ? 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Unit lockups while using bluetooth
Nov 5 2007, 7:39 PM EST
I have the same problem with mine: I took it back and exchanged it but the new one is the same. I find if I turn blue tooth off when not in use it will not happen; I also have set my ppc to not shut the screen off automaticly; I shut it off manually and the problem is gone..... How do you find your bluetooth? I find there is not enough volume and also sometimes voice is very choppy. 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 19 2007, 10:53 PM EST
I have the exact same problem with bluetooth. I have soft reset the phone four times today because of freezing. We need an update fast plus an update for the file lock problem as well. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 20 2007, 6:55 PM EST
Same issue with Bluetooth lock ups. Bought Plantronics, locked up all the time, called Alltel (6 x's) one service rep said Plantronics software does not work with HTC??? Bought the Motorola 770 and it works with intermitent lock ups???? I hope HTC can figure out the ghost in the machine..... 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
kdinkins69

kdinkins69
Nov 23 2007, 12:31 AM EST
"Same issue with Bluetooth lock ups. Bought Plantronics, locked up all the time, called Alltel (6 x's) one service rep said Plantronics software does not work with HTC??? Bought the Motorola 770 and it works with intermitent lock ups???? I hope HTC can figure out the ghost in the machine....."
Hey Im having the same problem, i have a alltel htc 6800, replaced it with a new one and tried 4 different bluetooth headset and still no change, same problem, let me know if anybody comes up with a fix. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
marilynlake

marilynlake
Nov 26 2007, 1:01 AM EST
I just bought a Gennum nx 6000, great device, no lockups with the HTC6800 and it doesn't look like an electric growth hanging off your ear, it is a large black comma, very discreet, and great noise cancelling. Do you find this valuable?    
kdinkins69

kdinkins69
Nov 26 2007, 8:59 AM EST
i could not find a nx 6000 but i did see a zx 6000 made by microsoft, is that the name brand of the one you have? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 30 2007, 1:16 AM EST
I have the same problem with Bluetooths Jabra BT8010, Cardo Scala-700LX and Bluetooth 310, is it the smartphone or the OS WM 6. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 30 2007, 2:11 AM EST
"i could not find a nx 6000 but i did see a zx 6000 made by microsoft, is that the name brand of the one you have?"
no, it is a Gennum nx 6000. Look for it on Google. No lockups, but crappy sound., but this could be my fault. It is resolving itself a bit, when I turn down the volume of the phone. I think these blueteeth are very sensitive to sound, and mine distorts a lot when I have the sound turned up. Turning it down seems to work. If I can't get it to function properly I will return it as it was expensive. But at least no lockups with this one. I will keep posting as I figure out the bugs. BTW, I bought Sprite Backup software, really great for backing up your contacts on your PC as crappy ACtive sync can't do this. I am also wondering if anyone has tried using Laplink as a sync software, as I want to sync with Act! 2000 contact management software, we have been using it for years, and Outlook requires a big expensive server to sync with others at the office. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 30 2007, 2:49 PM EST
"I also have set my ppc to not shut the screen off automaticly; I shut it off manually and the problem is gone..... "
Bluetooths Jabra BT8010 and Cardo Scala-700LX work very good. I shut it off manually also and the problem is gone..... Microsoft have a problem, i think. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
hortange
hortange
Nov 30 2007, 3:36 PM EST
I bought a plantronics discovery 655 bluetooth headset a few weeks ago to use with my dash. I don't have a problem with any screen freeze-ups. I've had my dash since April 2007 and have always used a bluetooth device -- never any problems! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 30 2007, 5:47 PM EST
what is a dash? is the the same thing as a htc 6800 smart phone? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 30 2007, 9:36 PM EST
i've got the same issue. I connect with my Acura TL... when I walk away from the car for a short period of time the unit totally frezes except for the lights amd I have to soft reset. They have to come up with a fix!!!! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
kdinkins69

kdinkins69
Dec 2 2007, 4:34 PM EST
i found a nx600 and i was just checking with you to see if you were having any lockup, or black out problem with your or is it still working fine? Do you find this valuable?    
marilynlake

marilynlake
Dec 2 2007, 5:26 PM EST
"i found a nx600 and i was just checking with you to see if you were having any lockup, or black out problem with your or is it still working fine?"
I have been told by the Bell people that the nx6000 by Gennum is one of the best blueteeth there is. I bought it because a friend of mine gibsonproductdesign.com Scott Gibson designed it, (not the electronics but the shell that holds it)
Two things that I have learned: turn down the HTC 6800 way down otherwise the other person hears distortion. Turn the nx6000 down as well.
Use the bluetooth to enter in your voice tags. I am convinced all blueteeth irradiate your brain, probably not as much as a cellphone, so switch ears occasionally.
My left finger tip is partially numb these days, maybe from holding the HTC wrong and putting my finger near the antenna location, I don't know. Anyway, the nx6000 has delicate controls, that I am still practising to use properly. and I have pointy delicate female fingers, so I don't know how it would work for someone with larger fingers. are you M or F? If you play a musical intrument and have sensiive finger tips, no problem, if I had tough hands and was in constrution, I might choose something a bit more robust. The jury is still out about sound quality. Sometimes it works great, other times not. It depends where I locate my HTC as well. Moving around and talking isn't as good as staying still.
I would be curious to know from other Blueteeth users how they rate their earpieces for sound and connectivity, distortion. I can say I am having NO LOCKUP problems, which is agood thing. Cheers, Marilyn
Do you find this valuable?    
cravinmild

cravinmild
Dec 7 2007, 1:45 AM EST
"I've just bought a bluetooth headset (plantronics) and my phone is locking up after the screen is shut off. I have to softreset everytime and while it is locked up, I can't receive any phone calls. Any ideas if it is the phone or the headset ?"
have sony DR-BT30Q (ear clip style) and also have freeze ups with calls and while playing music. Has happened once a day every day since i bought the earclips causing a soft reset. Am returning it on payday for a different set and will kick in a bit more cash (its like having to giant clam shells strapped to the side of your head. Great sound for music but poor to very bad voice for phone calls) 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 18 2007, 9:30 AM EST
Hi to all,
I hope this will help. This is an e-mail that was sent by the htc representant to my Bell Canada seller. Because i had the same issue with the phone locking all the time i used a blue tooth device.

Here’s a list of Bluetooth devices tested for the PPC6800 and SMT5800.

Mono HS
Plantronics Explorer 320
Plantronics Explorer 330
Plantronics Voyager 510
Plantronics Discovery 640
Plantronics Discovery 655
Motorola HS850
Motorola H500
Motorola H700
Motorola H670
Jabra BT250v
Jabra BT500
Jabra BT160
Jabra BT350
Jabra JX10
SonyEricsson HBH608
SonyEricsson HBH610
Nokia HS11W
Nokia BH800
Samsung WEP200

Stereo HS
Motorola HT820
HTC S100
Jabra 620s
Jabra 320s
Jabra 8010
SonyEricsson DS970
Plantronics 590
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Tried several BT headsets, but still problems, pairing, voice qualit..
Dec 20 2007, 1:01 PM EST
My BELL HTC 6800 keeps losing its association with BT headphones, stereo HS, and with my GPS receiver in particular. I find if I turn on the receiver BEFORE it enable BT on the phone it sometimes works, other times it says it requests connection and asks for PIN, doesnt seem to be a pattern.

On other devices, once the BT is paired it normally STAYS PAIRED. This is my biggest problem so far ... why do I keep having to register pairings????

[email protected]
RE: Tried several BT headsets, but still problems, pairing, voice qual
Dec 21 2007, 8:10 PM EST
I phoned Bell and after a very long struggle found someone that admitted the blue tooth problem was a know issue. They were asking the manufacturer to fix. No there is no expected date for the fix and as far as they are concerned there is no blue tooth device that will work with this phone. So when I ask what the could do for me ( as I purchased the phone packaged with a blue tooth and need a blue tooth because I drive lots) there was only silence.
So They know the phones don't work
They will not offer any advice or support to the customers who bought the phone in good faith.
They continue to market the phone stating compatibility with blue tooth
What a great company.
Two morals. Next time go with a blackberry and some other carrier than bell.

Anonymous
Dec 27 2007, 11:01 AM EST
Im thinking of purchasing a nx6000 and i just wanted to know if you were not having any problems with it using the htc 6800? Do you find this valuable?    
2 3 4 5  | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors