• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Hard reset, Organizing, Garmin XT

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt HTC TyTN II kaiser tilt
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Hard reset, Organizing, Garmin XT
Monday, 4:20 PM EDT
Well now! Garmin XT quit on me. Googled the XT error screen "Data type misalignment at Program addresss blah, blah blah..." and found unhelpful identical references around, so it's not new but.... after some unsuccessfull hoops, Garmin says, "simply," do a hard reset that should correct (they presume) OS glitches. Like simply reformating your PCs harddrive's simple too, yea right. Everything works fine except Garmin. FWIW Garmin recommends NOT using unused .8G SD card space. Anyway, I haven't had any problems requiring a hard reset. I've heard a hard reset's good for "cleaning things up" but don't really know what it does. Does it just delete and defrag, or actually reload and rewrite everthing. Things probably could get scattered around. Is there an aftermarket defragger? Besides the reset method that eliminates AT&T bloatware mentioned, any other advice. Don't really know of any way to remember all the little settings I've got here and there for the different programs I've loaded. I've got a Sprite backup but can't see how that'd be usefull. I have got some screen shots to help jog the memory. It took a couple weeks of loading unloading and tweaking to get my Tilt where I wanted it. Hope to get this redone in a couple hours. Suggestions wanted

Joel
Do you find this valuable?    

Be the first to reply.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors