• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Cannot install ROM update - Executable corrupted on download.

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt HTC TyTN II kaiser tilt
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

crk425467

crk425467
Cannot install ROM update - Executable corrupted on download.
Mar 8 2008, 8:36 PM EST
This file does not work. I have downloaded it 10 times. Has anyone got the new ROM update for AT&T tile to work? Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: Cannot install ROM update - Executable corrupted on download.
Mar 9 2008, 9:07 AM EDT
I have successfully downloaded and updated my ROM on my Tilt. Do you find this valuable?    
crk425467

crk425467
Mar 9 2008, 9:32 AM EDT
Nice to know it worked for you. I finally got the RUU file to run and now it will not go passed the verification step. Getting a Connection Error 202 every time. I have tried reconnecting, rebooting, restarting.... everything. This software is terrible. Too buggy. I cannot get the RUU to update my Tilt. Can someone please offer more information than what is listed on HTC's website under Error 202. I have ensured my tilt IS CONNECTED because active sync is synchronizing. Do you find this valuable?    
MilitaryManiac
MilitaryManiac
Mar 12 2008, 10:47 AM EDT
I just bought the new tilt and want to get the ROM update. I try to go to the HTC site but it will not come up where the file is. Any ideas or links? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 12 2008, 12:03 PM EDT
"I just bought the new tilt and want to get the ROM update. I try to go to the HTC site but it will not come up where the file is. Any ideas or links?"
same problem here. HTC - can you weigh in here - are you guys working on the ROM update or is the website currently down? Is there another source anyone is using? Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 12 2008, 1:15 PM EDT
"same problem here. HTC - can you weigh in here - are you guys working on the ROM update or is the website currently down? Is there another source anyone is using?"
Here is the link to the ROM update:

http://www.htc.com/us/FAQ_Detail.aspx?p_id=67&act=sd
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
MilitaryManiac
MilitaryManiac
Mar 12 2008, 4:07 PM EDT
Thank you rainman76, I am going to do this tonight. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Saturday, 12:49 AM EDT
I'm having the same problem here. This is what I get when I try to download the ROM.
http://216.139.227.230/download/Software/RUU_Kaiser_CINGULAR_WWE_1.62.502.0_radio_sign_22.45.88.07_1.27.14.09R2_Ship.exe
Which is a page not found page.
Can anyone share the download? PLEASE!
(If it's legal that is)
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Saturday, 7:34 AM EDT
"I'm having the same problem here. This is what I get when I try to download the ROM.
http://216.139.227.230/download/Software/RUU_Kaiser_CINGULAR_WWE_1.62.502.0_radio_sign_22.45.88.07_1.27.14.09R2_Ship.exe
(If it's legal that is)"
Well, I know that HTC has been updating their website, so the links may be a little bit off. I would try it again in a day and see if that problem still exists. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Saturday, 7:35 AM EDT
"I'm having the same problem here. This is what I get when I try to download the ROM.
(If it's legal that is)"
Oh I forgot, sharing would be legal since HTC has made it available for free to AT&T Tilt users, but the thing is, the file is about 60 MB, so it would be a pain to email. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Saturday, 9:40 AM EDT
Got it, installed it, it works. Not much difference but it works. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Saturday, 7:15 PM EDT
"Nice to know it worked for you. I finally got the RUU file to run and now it will not go passed the verification step. Getting a Connection Error 202 every time. I have tried reconnecting, rebooting, restarting.... everything. This software is terrible. Too buggy. I cannot get the RUU to update my Tilt. Can someone please offer more information than what is listed on HTC's website under Error 202. I have ensured my tilt IS CONNECTED because active sync is synchronizing."
yea, I got it to work after a few tries and a cople computer restarts but I would look here too they can always help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=376 Do you find this valuable?    
sddesigns
sddesigns
Saturday, 9:27 PM EDT
Got it, and it works better than ever. I also downloaded the Touch Cube, the new Spb Moblie Shell 2.0, Touch SureType Keyboard, and Kiaser Tweaks. All from the forum page http://htcwiki.com/page/ATT+TILT.

It is way better than the I-Phone.
Rainman76
Rainman76
Sunday, 12:57 AM EDT
"Got it, and it works better than ever. I also downloaded the Touch Cube, the new Spb Moblie Shell 2.0, Touch SureType Keyboard, and Kiaser Tweaks. All from the forum page http://htcwiki.com/page/ATT+TILT.

It is way better than the I-Phone."
Glad you like those posts. I posted most of those on the wiki page after hours of researching this stuff on xda-developers.com. How do you like Spb Mobile Shell 2.0? I did a review of it over at pocketnow.com and I thought it was a nice application. Though I have to admit, I am sticking to the HTC 6 tab home plugin. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sunday, 11:10 AM EDT
"Glad you like those posts. I posted most of those on the wiki page after hours of researching this stuff on xda-developers.com. How do you like Spb Mobile Shell 2.0? I did a review of it over at pocketnow.com and I thought it was a nice application. Though I have to admit, I am sticking to the HTC 6 tab home plugin."
I really like the opening screen setup of the Spb Shell Mobile 2.0, but I still have the HTC 6 tab Home plugin also, but the cube like menu screens are awesome, really big and easy to navigate. The really best feature is the color menus over the black and white with the Touch Cube.
I also use MS Exchange Active synch with all my email folders on the server accessible on my Tilt.
I previously had a IPAQ 6315 for 4 years before I dropped it in a puddle of water, and I am now very satisfied with my Tilt.
sddesigns
sddesigns
Sunday, 11:44 AM EDT
"I really like the opening screen setup of the Spb Shell Mobile 2.0, but I still have the HTC 6 tab Home plugin also, but the cube like menu screens are awesome, really big and easy to navigate. The really best feature is the color menus over the black and white with the Touch Cube.
I also use MS Exchange Active synch with all my email folders on the server accessible on my Tilt.
I previously had a IPAQ 6315 for 4 years before I dropped it in a puddle of water, and I am now very satisfied with my Tilt."
Forgot to sign in. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)