• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: gps on sprint touch

Keyword tags: Sprint Sprint Touch TouchFlo
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Previous | 1 24 5 6 7 | Next

Anonymous
RE: gps on sprint touch
Mar 8 2008, 2:31 PM EST
HTC sales rep said another 90 days we have to wait...around June 08 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 10 2008, 1:32 PM EDT
"if thats the case why on the Sprint web site does it say, and this is direct fro the site: GPS Enabled - View your approximate location and use available applications to navigate roadways throughout the country. <B>(will not be available until Q1 2008 upgrade</B>, lies??? Q1 ends this month....."
I am not sure why it states that online? If it does, I agree. Very misleading. Sor I use a bluetooth "puck" I use telenav. It works ok, but I really miss having the gps "built" into the operating system itself. Looks like we will have to wait until the June timeframe for the update (evdo rev a and gps).. 1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 10 2008, 4:53 PM EDT
I just called sprint today and ask to be transfer to tech support the rep said that the update for the touch gps will be march 18th for sure, but couldn't confirm the rev a. So if i where you guys call them too and verify yourself. I can wait !!! (if you call don't talk to cust. care there idiots 4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 11 2008, 5:16 PM EDT
I just got off the phone with HTC tech support and they said the Sprint Touch doesn't have the hardware for GPS and it will not be coming in a ROM update as there is no hardware for it to update. Hopefully he was mistaken. 0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 12 2008, 11:17 AM EDT
"I just got off the phone with HTC tech support and they said the Sprint Touch doesn't have the hardware for GPS and it will not be coming in a ROM update as there is no hardware for it to update. Hopefully he was mistaken."
The Sprint/HTC Touch does, in fact, HAVE GPS. The GPS functionality is built directly onto the Qualcom chipset itself and is due to be unlocked in the next ROM (whenever that may be). This has been beaten, re-beaten to death in every major cell phone/ppc forum. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 12 2008, 1:00 PM EDT
"I just got off the phone with HTC tech support and they said the Sprint Touch doesn't have the hardware for GPS and it will not be coming in a ROM update as there is no hardware for it to update. Hopefully he was mistaken."
Why don't you do a SEARCH for the Chip in the Touch: Qualcomm MSM7500. Look at the specs and you will see that it contains a gpsOne GPS module. AND if you would have read the bottom of PG2 of this thread you would see the details of what a gpsOne GPS module is capable of and you would not have posted what you did above. My gosh - read first. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 12 2008, 5:10 PM EDT
"Why don't you do a SEARCH for the Chip in the Touch: Qualcomm MSM7500. Look at the specs and you will see that it contains a gpsOne GPS module. AND if you would have read the bottom of PG2 of this thread you would see the details of what a gpsOne GPS module is capable of and you would not have posted what you did above. My gosh - read first."
relax bitch aint no one like to search! 0  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 12 2008, 6:41 PM EDT
"relax bitch aint no one like to search!"
Precisely why we have to gnaw through so many lame and fatty posts to find the chewy center of truth. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 12 2008, 8:18 PM EDT
there is supposed to be an update either this month or next. the one for the mogul is already out. i work in sprint tech support. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 13 2008, 2:52 AM EDT
"there is supposed to be an update either this month or next. the one for the mogul is already out. i work in sprint tech support. "
Looks like we'll be coming to you when it comes out huh.....lmao 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 13 2008, 6:13 PM EDT
the "TOUCH" is a Piece of junk for amateurs. NO GPS and never will be. Sprint does not upgrade their phones. Sprint tech support is a joke. CDMA is crap.
I Got a real phone. A GMRS unlocked phone, x7501. Best phone I ever had. better than my ppc6600. It has GPS.
Get rid of Sprint and move up to a real phone.

[email protected]
0  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 13 2008, 11:22 PM EDT
"the "TOUCH" is a Piece of junk for amateurs. NO GPS and never will be. Sprint does not upgrade their phones. Sprint tech support is a joke. CDMA is crap.
I Got a real phone. A GMRS unlocked phone, x7501. Best phone I ever had. better than my ppc6600. It has GPS.

[email protected]"
Well that's not true, Sprint did upgrade the Mogul on Monday and has enabled the GPS on that device. Here is a link to the article and video I did for www.pocketnow.com:

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=news&id=5166
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 14 2008, 5:44 PM EDT
"the "TOUCH" is a Piece of junk for amateurs. NO GPS and never will be. Sprint does not upgrade their phones. Sprint tech support is a joke. CDMA is crap.

[email protected]"
The 7501 was rated by CNet as one of the 10 worst products of the year and I agree. While the Touch was rated one of the top 10.

Enjoy carrying that clunker around in your shirt pocket.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 14 2008, 5:58 PM EDT
Gosh - I've been able to get just about anywhere with google maps and since I've been SOBER I always know where I am. My Touch works perfectly ! Syncs with exchange server, plays youtoube videos, runs all kinds of software ! Read your manual and there's no need to deal with SPRINTs support (which I might add is there to help, if you are a total idiot - Talk about the blind leading the blind...) Sounds like a USER issue to me...... 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 14 2008, 6:05 PM EDT
"Well that's not true, Sprint did upgrade the Mogul on Monday and has enabled the GPS on that device. Here is a link to the article and video I did for www.pocketnow.com:

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=news&id=5166"
BUT I see the video and I download the " "upgrade Download Spring Mogul ROM "" and its dosn't make upgrade for HTC TOUCH however my gps with program it called IGO 2006+ dosn't working please help...
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 14 2008, 6:30 PM EDT
Yeah, as I mentioned before, the ROM upgrade was just for the Mogul. My point was that Sprint and HTC are making updates. We can only hope that they will make an upgrade for the Touch.

As for iGO, I haven't had much experience with that one. I think they make the user interface for Mio's PND's.
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 15 2008, 10:25 AM EDT
[email protected]"
What crap you write. The Touch has sold a million units and more. Sprint has updated the ROM on the Mogul to do GPS and Rev. A, and these features will be available in 1-2 months on the Touch. Verizon's Touch when released will have those features also. CDMA, unlike GSM, is safer in the pocket as it does not constantly connect to the tower thereby minimizing your radiation exposure, when you're not on the phone or Internet. Besides, CDMA phone quality has been very good. I once called a friend using a GSM Blackberry and is sound was so choppy. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

[email protected]
Mar 15 2008, 3:46 PM EDT
So, I recently posted on here if anything knew about the Windows live search update and nobody responded. I talked to a sprint tech and he said windows has to come out with the update. I called windows and they said they can't help me because sprint takes over the support when they put windows on the phone. MY POINT is if they can't even update something as simple as this in a reasonable amount of time what makes you people think they are going to update this phone for use with GPS, EVDO, and what ever else you losers want on your phone. This phone sucks right know. I want a phone right now that has WiFi, EVDO, GPS, Bluetooth, a ten megapixel camera with flash, HD screen, a battery that lasts more than a day (and if your battery last longer than that your either lying, stupid, or your not hardly using your phone other than to look at), I also want to be able to customize my phone without having to buy a stupid program to do it. YOU know what will have all this on the phone BEFORE they come out with this lame GPS update, THE iPHONE. I'm pissed 0  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

[email protected]
Mar 15 2008, 3:52 PM EDT
Oh yeah, before you guys try to say something smart about waht I just wrote, if they did come out with the windows live update I still feel the same way about it because it shouldn't have happened in the first place. And with that phone I described above I want it to cost less than $200.00 without a stupid freakin rebate. AMEN and GOOD FREAKIN NIGHT AND DO NOT QUOTE MY REPLY IN YOUR REPLY UNLESS YOUR BILL GATES AND THE CEO OF SPRINT WRITING TO APOLOGIZE TO ME PERSONALLY AND HIRING ME AS YOUR DESIGN PRESIDENT. AMEN AGAIN. 0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 16 2008, 6:57 AM EDT
There is a Windows Live search update, your just too stupid to find it and apply it.

The touch does have GPS capability since it has the Qualcomm MSM7500 chipset but there is no Wifi. All everyone is waiting for is for HTC to release the Radio ROM and Rev A, i'll be all over it when it is released. The last word I heard is that since the Mogul has been done the touch (Vogue) is very soon to come.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Previous | 1 24 5 6 7 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)