• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Sometimes my HTC Touch doesn't communicate when it's asleep

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Zeppelin39
Zeppelin39
Sometimes my HTC Touch doesn't communicate when it's asleep
May 4 2008, 4:41 PM EDT
Hope someone can figure this out for me because its the only thing i dislike about the phone. Not regularly but on occasion when my device is asleep it doesn't recieve texts, emails, or phone calls untill i hit the power button an wake it up. After the device processes for a sec all my missed communications come in i.e. missed calls and what not. When i notice this happening i usually just shut the phone off and turn it back on and it's cooll again... till next time. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Sometimes my HTC Touch doesn't communicate when it's asleep
May 15 2008, 12:55 AM EDT
Mine has just done the same thing. I have only noticed it with text messages so far. When I restarted it seemed to work but in a few hours it happened again. My Verizon rep said that there is a setting to have incoming text messages wake up the phone and you can set this to on or off. I haven't found this setting yet... Please let me know if you have discovered a solution and I will the same. Here is my email: [email protected]
Thanks! -Andy
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Sometimes my HTC Touch doesn't communicate when it's asleep
May 15 2008, 6:48 PM EDT
I work for Sprint in ohio and theres no fix its a defect in the phone when customers come in with this problem we just swap the phone out. hard and soft resets are just a quick fix. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors