• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: gps on sprint touch

Keyword tags: Sprint Sprint Touch TouchFlo
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Previous | 1 2 35 6 7 | Next
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: gps on sprint touch
Mar 16 2008, 8:33 AM EDT
"So, I recently posted on here if anything knew about the Windows live search update and nobody responded. I talked to a sprint tech and he said windows has to come out with the update. I called windows and they said they can't help me because sprint takes over the support when they put windows on the phone. MY POINT is if they can't even update something as simple as this in a reasonable amount of time what makes you people think they are going to update this phone for use with GPS, EVDO, and what ever else you losers want on your phone. This phone sucks right know. I want a phone right now that has WiFi, EVDO, GPS, Bluetooth, a ten megapixel camera with flash, HD screen, a battery that lasts more than a day (and if your battery last longer than that your either lying, stupid, or your not hardly using your phone other than to look at), I also want to be able to customize my phone without having to buy a stupid program to do it. YOU know what will have all this on the phone BEFORE they come out with this lame GPS update, THE iPHONE. I'm pissed"
Are you talking about Live Search or Windows Live Services? Live Search can be found at wls.live.com. As for Live Services (Messenger, Hotmail, etc.), I have found CAB files over at www.xda-developers.com. Do you find this valuable?    

[email protected]
Mar 16 2008, 8:58 AM EDT
"There is a Windows Live search update, your just too stupid to find it and apply it.

The touch does have GPS capability since it has the Qualcomm MSM7500 chipset but there is no Wifi. All everyone is waiting for is for HTC to release the Radio ROM and Rev A, i'll be all over it when it is released. The last word I heard is that since the Mogul has been done the touch (Vogue) is very soon to come."
So when you update the new windows live search on your phone are you still able to launch it from your home screen Do you find this valuable?    

[email protected]
Mar 16 2008, 9:14 AM EDT
"So when you update the new windows live search on your phone are you still able to launch it from your home screen"
Yeah I'm the dumb one after I posted my previous remark I went and did it and NO they did not fix that lame update for the windows live search. When you update it you cannot launch live search through the today screen. Now the only way to fix it is to do a hard reset. Yeah you can find some stuff to do to mess with the registry but SPRINT OR WINDOWS OR ANYONE DID NOT UPDATE IT LIKE I SAID. Go back to my previous post, you know the one you quoted and then read that one right below it before you respond. Thank-you. As a matter of fact do not ever post on this site again. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

[email protected]
Mar 16 2008, 9:19 AM EDT
"Are you talking about Live Search or Windows Live Services? Live Search can be found at wls.live.com. As for Live Services (Messenger, Hotmail, etc.), I have found CAB files over at www.xda-developers.com. "
Yes I know you can update it but it wont launch through the today screen. Maybe that is good enough for everyone else but it is not for me. When I pay for something I want it to work completely 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 16 2008, 9:33 AM EDT
"Yes I know you can update it but it wont launch through the today screen. Maybe that is good enough for everyone else but it is not for me. When I pay for something I want it to work completely"
So the Windows Live Today Screen plugin doesn't work? Hmmmmmmmm. Here is a link to the latest version of it. It's a simple CAB install.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=69210&d=1202297188

Let me know if this works for you,
Do you find this valuable?    

[email protected]
Mar 16 2008, 10:50 AM EDT
"So the Windows Live Today Screen plugin doesn't work? Hmmmmmmmm. Here is a link to the latest version of it. It's a simple CAB install.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=69210&d=1202297188
Let me know if this works for you,"
Are we even talking about the same phone. What one do you have. Do you find this valuable?    

[email protected]
Mar 16 2008, 11:02 AM EDT
"Are we even talking about the same phone. What one do you have."
I have a CDMA Sprint touch Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 16 2008, 11:47 AM EDT
"Are we even talking about the same phone. What one do you have."
I have the AT&T Tilt, but it doesn't matter as much as they are both running off of Windows Mobile 6. A lot of the cabs that are available have been extracted from several different HTC devices and most work well on othes. For example, I have the Touch Cube loaded onto my Tilt and it works perfectly well. Do you find this valuable?    

[email protected]
Mar 16 2008, 1:25 PM EDT
"I have the AT&T Tilt, but it doesn't matter as much as they are both running off of Windows Mobile 6. A lot of the cabs that are available have been extracted from several different HTC devices and most work well on othes. For example, I have the Touch Cube loaded onto my Tilt and it works perfectly well."
I cant even open the link you sent me I googled it and four things came up all in different languages other than English. I do not want to have to install some random cab file to fix the problem. What I would like to happen is for Sprint ot HTC to fix the problem sinve I did you know buy their phone and all and the first thing I did was update windows live search and it completely screwed it up form loading from the today screen. I will admit that I am not the smartest gut in the world about this stuff if it wasn't obvious already but I shouldnt have to go these measres. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 16 2008, 4:13 PM EDT
"I cant even open the link you sent me I googled it and four things came up all in different languages other than English. I do not want to have to install some random cab file to fix the problem. What I would like to happen is for Sprint ot HTC to fix the problem sinve I did you know buy their phone and all and the first thing I did was update windows live search and it completely screwed it up form loading from the today screen. I will admit that I am not the smartest gut in the world about this stuff if it wasn't obvious already but I shouldnt have to go these measres."
Hmmm.. So when you installed Windows Live Search (the mapping program), it messed up your Windoes Live services (messenger, Hotmail)? Forgive me, I'm just trying to understand the problem since I can't see your phone. One option, which I admit can be a pain, is to hard reset your device and do a fresh install of everything. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 18 2008, 1:00 PM EDT
"I just called sprint today and ask to be transfer to tech support the rep said that the update for the touch gps will be march 18th for sure, ......................"
Hummm, March 18th - that's TODAY! Where is our update Sprint? Guess it the SOS - NOBODY KNOWS when it's coming! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 19 2008, 12:45 PM EDT
"Hummm, March 18th - that's TODAY! Where is our update Sprint? Guess it the SOS - NOBODY KNOWS when it's coming! "
Q1 2008 doesn't end until... 03/31/2008

I'm selling this thing if the rom is not our by then.
Do you find this valuable?    

[email protected]
Mar 19 2008, 2:20 PM EDT
"Q1 2008 doesn't end until... 03/31/2008

I'm selling this thing if the rom is not our by then. "
How about we all trash them, cancel our service, and collect the insurance on them(if you bought it). That way they'll be the jerks for taking so long to come out with it. When they do come out with it, it probably won't work like we all hope it to. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 20 2008, 5:33 PM EDT
New reports on the XDA-Dev forums place the delivery of the update in the first week of May, so you may add yet another date to the rumor list. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 21 2008, 10:31 AM EDT
"Hmmm.. So when you installed Windows Live Search (the mapping program), it messed up your Windoes Live services (messenger, Hotmail)? Forgive me, I'm just trying to understand the problem since I can't see your phone. One option, which I admit can be a pain, is to hard reset your device and do a fresh install of everything. "
I think what secbrad was attempting to say about the link you provided is it requires a username and password in order to access it. Does anyone know where these updates may be available without having to join yet another website? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 21 2008, 11:44 AM EDT
"I think what secbrad was attempting to say about the link you provided is it requires a username and password in order to access it. Does anyone know where these updates may be available without having to join yet another website?"
Actually, xda-developers.com is the best place to get a lot of this information. The folks over there are soley dedicated to HTC devices and have have several fixes for all HTC phones. Yes, it's a pain to join another forum, but XDA is one of the most authoritative sites I have been to. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 27 2008, 2:02 AM EDT
ok... umm 6600 was way back.. 6700 and 6800 (mogul) have been after that. and now there is the 6900 (touch) which is pretty nice. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

[email protected]
Mar 27 2008, 1:07 PM EDT
"ok... umm 6600 was way back.. 6700 and 6800 (mogul) have been after that. and now there is the 6900 (touch) which is pretty nice. "
So, what are you saying here? Do you find this valuable?    
chashoagie
chashoagie
Mar 28 2008, 10:24 AM EDT
Sprint disables the GPS in all of its phones. I bought an HTC Touch in or der to use the GPS and found this out, returned the phone to Sprint and joined ATT/Cingular. Now I have a HTC Tilt and use the GPS daily (you don't need to subscribe to data support nor the $9.95/month GPS fee). I bought a Garmin GPS 10X (program plus detailed maps of the entire US) on a 2 GB micro SD chip. It works great. The only thing I wish is that Garmin should put their data on a larger micro SD chip (6 gb are cheap now) Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 28 2008, 11:20 AM EDT
"Sprint disables the GPS in all of its phones. I bought an HTC Touch in or der to use the GPS and found this out, returned the phone to Sprint and joined ATT/Cingular. Now I have a HTC Tilt and use the GPS daily (you don't need to subscribe to data support nor the $9.95/month GPS fee). I bought a Garmin GPS 10X (program plus detailed maps of the entire US) on a 2 GB micro SD chip. It works great. The only thing I wish is that Garmin should put their data on a larger micro SD chip (6 gb are cheap now)"
That's not entirely true. The Sprint Mogul recently received a ROM upgrade to enable the GPS chipset that is already on that device. One can only hope that it will be a matter of time before they decide to enable the chip on the Touch. The other option is to get a bluetooth GPS recever which works just as well, if not better. Sure, it means carrying another device, but nowadays, you can get receivers that fit on your keychain. Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2 35 6 7 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)