• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Turning the Touch Screen into Iphone scree

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

RickRed40

RickRed40
Turning the Touch Screen into Iphone scree
Mar 27 2008, 10:39 AM EDT
Does anyone know about this software:
http://www.gigabitsoftware.com/?gclid=CILQkf3BrZICFRwbagodkxtXpw

The claim is made that you can transform your Touch homepage into an Iphone looking page which is in my opinon is more user friendly.
I have trouble believing this software is legal and/or works, though if it did I'd be tempted to buy it. Any thoughts or experience with this software would be greatly appreciated
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Turning the Touch Screen into Iphone scree
Mar 28 2008, 1:33 AM EDT
"Does anyone know about this software:
http://www.gigabitsoftware.com/?gclid=CILQkf3BrZICFRwbagodkxtXpw

The claim is made that you can transform your Touch homepage into an Iphone looking page which is in my opinon is more user friendly.
I have trouble believing this software is legal and/or works, though if it did I'd be tempted to buy it. Any thoughts or experience with this software would be greatly appreciated"
I use the icube: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=13301

It adds the ipod style program launcher to the touch cube, and it's free. Works great! There's also a program called iphonz but I found it slowed down my phone.
Do you find this valuable?    
RickRed40

RickRed40
Mar 28 2008, 8:38 AM EDT
This looks like a great program. However two things I'd like to understand before I try it. It sounded like you needed to edit the registry in order to program the keys, or do something I didn't understand. Secondly I couldn't figure out it there was 1 file to download or many different ones. Can you help me with both issues. I don't think I'm ready to edit the register. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 28 2008, 9:02 AM EDT
"This looks like a great program. However two things I'd like to understand before I try it. It sounded like you needed to edit the registry in order to program the keys, or do something I didn't understand. Secondly I couldn't figure out it there was 1 file to download or many different ones. Can you help me with both issues. I don't think I'm ready to edit the register."
is you are talking about the icube, there's a couple files you need to download. no registry edits needed. Just read that whole first page of the discussion i sent and you'll get the idea. Do you find this valuable?    
RickRed40

RickRed40
Mar 28 2008, 11:34 AM EDT
I loaded the Icube file and installed it. I did load the files4gsm. Couldn't figure out if I needed to. I am so new to this I installed the cap file successfully. Now I'd appreciate knowing two things:
1. How to load this and make it work
2. How to switch back to default
RickRed40

RickRed40
RE: Turning the Touch Screen into Iphone screen
Mar 28 2008, 12:35 PM EDT
I got this working and it's pretty cool. Don't know if I can customize any of the buttons, and still don't know if I need to download the files4gsm. THANK U for suggesting this program. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Turning the Touch Screen into Iphone screen NEW PROGRAM available
Mar 28 2008, 3:38 PM EDT
There is a brand new program from:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17995

You have to delete the other program BEFORE you install this one. I'm going to try it.
RickRed40

RickRed40
RE:macoflow big button Post #5 an awesome program for HTC Touch
Mar 29 2008, 11:18 AM EDT
Thank you again! This is an amazing FREE program

It is LIGHT YEARS better than what comes standard on the Touch. If I were HTC or Sprint I'd hire that guy in a NY minute.
Thank you for stopping me for paying money for a program that might not have worked, when this one works great.
Since I don't want to mess with the registry I can't do the cool stuff of changing icons or the programs they run, but I'll take this just the way it is an amazing improvement over the cube sprint provides.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: RE:macoflow big button Post #5 an awesome program for HTC Touch
Mar 29 2008, 1:04 PM EDT
"Thank you again! This is an amazing FREE program

It is LIGHT YEARS better than what comes standard on the Touch. If I were HTC or Sprint I'd hire that guy in a NY minute.
Thank you for stopping me for paying money for a program that might not have worked, when this one works great.
Since I don't want to mess with the registry I can't do the cool stuff of changing icons or the programs they run, but I'll take this just the way it is an amazing improvement over the cube sprint provides."
What is A that you don't like about the Touch's interface? I find the ability to access pertinent information like calendar items and tasks convenient. Also, if you install the HTC 6 tab home plugin, you get a finger friendly application launcher. All the iPhone's interface is, is an application launcher. It's nothing revolutionary in my opinion, because that it's basically how Palm's OS has worked for over a decade. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: RE:macroflow big button Post #5 an awesome program for HTC Touch
Mar 29 2008, 3:30 PM EDT
Visit the website in my last post and take a peek at what Music Man did with the cube. There are unlimited possibilities of how it can be customized. The user rather than Sprint or HTC should be the one to program the cube to suit their own tastes with regard to the programs on it as well as the icons that are used. I believe the Touch could outsell the Iphone with if it had better speakers for music, and the macroflow cube. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 29 2008, 4:01 PM EDT
"Visit the website in my last post and take a peek at what Music Man did with the cube. There are unlimited possibilities of how it can be customized. The user rather than Sprint or HTC should be the one to program the cube to suit their own tastes with regard to the programs on it as well as the icons that are used. I believe the Touch could outsell the Iphone with if it had better speakers for music, and the macroflow cube."
Ok, that does look nice, I have to admit. The only thing I don't like is that to switch screens, there is no clear indication of what each slab contains. The only way you would know is when you switch screens. I would prefer labeled tabs across the top so I could tell what was on each slate. Also, it would easily let you access each tab faster because you would know the contents of the tab. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
RickRed40

RickRed40
Mar 29 2008, 6:15 PM EDT
If you go on the site and give that feedback to the Music Man, he just may include that in his next upgrade, because that is an excellent solution. That's what this guy does, he puts something out there, gets feedback and does it again. That is a GREAT suggestion Do you find this valuable?    
jarhead73
jarhead73
May 9 2008, 2:02 PM EDT
ok the best way to turn your touch screen into the iphone as close as possible is this
website http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/mobileshell/download.html?en
granted I know its not free but it does a damn good job
denco7
denco7
May 9 2008, 3:39 PM EDT
Yeah, I just bought a $499 iphone, is there any software I can buy to make it look like a Windows Mobile device? Thanks

( Sorry, sometimes I just get bored )
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 12 2008, 2:23 AM EDT
Man don't waist your money paying for something that started out free. Try the xda_developers forum and do a search for iphone themes. Its all free and I've actually had it working on my touch. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 23 2008, 11:40 PM EDT
This is all very fascinating, gents and ladies. BUT DOES IT WORK WITH THE VERSION 6900 MODEL OF THE HTC? I'm a software idiot, and I'd hate to SCREW UP THE PHONE. VERIZON OFFERS NO TECH. SUPPORT FOR THIS PRODUCT.... REALLY.

DOES IT WORK FO XV 6900??
denco7
denco7
May 24 2008, 9:21 AM EDT
"This is all very fascinating, gents and ladies. BUT DOES IT WORK WITH THE VERSION 6900 MODEL OF THE HTC? I'm a software idiot, and I'd hate to SCREW UP THE PHONE. VERIZON OFFERS NO TECH. SUPPORT FOR THIS PRODUCT.... REALLY.

DOES IT WORK FO XV 6900??"
It is all window dressing and is not part of your rom, so yes as long as you have windows mobile, it will work. But once again for the record . i Phone UI ? Barf ! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 1 2008, 9:24 PM EDT
"is you are talking about the icube, there's a couple files you need to download. no registry edits needed. Just read that whole first page of the discussion i sent and you'll get the idea."
can you please tell me how to do this i have the icube program on my touch but don't know how to get it active Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)