• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Texting on the Touch

Keyword tags: Sprint Sprint Touch TouchFlo
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Texting on the Touch
Nov 12 2007, 1:31 PM EST
Does anyone know of a way to get the traditional hardware keys (i.e 1-9 with abc,def, ect with the numbers) up on the screen whilst texting. I love this phone, but i hate the options for texting.

Sometimes you just want to reply a quick answer and you can't with out going through the painful steps of using the stylus. And what a pain to use the stylus with the transcriber or qwerty keyboard whilst your moving...mission impossible.

I hope someone knows of a way.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Texting on the Touch
Nov 12 2007, 3:59 PM EST
Spb full screen keyboard. fast forward video to 14:15 minutes
http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/smackdowns/htc_touch_vs_iphone_part_2_vid.html

enjoy.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 12 2007, 4:18 PM EST
"Does anyone know of a way to get the traditional hardware keys (i.e 1-9 with abc,def, ect with the numbers) up on the screen whilst texting. I love this phone, but i hate the options for texting.

Sometimes you just want to reply a quick answer and you can't with out going through the painful steps of using the stylus. And what a pain to use the stylus with the transcriber or qwerty keyboard whilst your moving...mission impossible.

I hope someone knows of a way."
Just use xt9 Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 16 2007, 3:17 PM EST
Instead of using the 'touch keyboard', use the 'touch keypad'. Click the little drop down arrow at the bottom of the screen when you are replying and select 'touch keypad'. This sounds like what you want. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Monday, 10:55 AM EDT
Look for a program called touchpal i use it it shares 2 letters on one button and you just kinda click and slide, also has a seprate page for numbers 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Monday, 4:33 PM EDT
"Look for a program called touchpal i use it it shares 2 letters on one button and you just kinda click and slide, also has a seprate page for numbers"
Yeah, it's from CooTek. Just goto www.cootek.com and you can download a free version or a upgrade to the pro version for $13. I have it and love it and actually they just released version 3 which adds some newer features. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)