• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Why is so much memory being used?

Keyword tags: MDA T-Mobile Windows Mobile 6 wing
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Why is so much memory being used?
Dec 8 2007, 9:08 PM EST
My phone is using most of its memory and no programs are even running??? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: Why is so much memory being used?
Dec 8 2007, 9:33 PM EST
"My phone is using most of its memory and no programs are even running???"
One of the things I noticed that takes a lot of memory on the Wing is the MyFaves application. Also, if you have a lot of the preinstalled Today screen plugins, they seem to take up a decent amount of memory as well. To help with this, let me know what you have on your Today screen. Another thing you can do is do a soft reset every couple of days or so. This will clean out any memory leaks can happen. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 10 2007, 12:49 AM EST
Hey
If you are using intretnet you must clean the memory:
-open internet explorer;
-menu;
-tools;
-options;
-memory;
-delete files, clear history

Try, it is help. Also I would recomend a any software for cleaning the phone memory, you will see the difference
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
FearlessM

FearlessM
Tuesday, 8:40 PM EST
Someone help this is very annoying :) I deleted my internet files too anon any other tips? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Wednesday, 11:04 PM EST
"Someone help this is very annoying :) I deleted my internet files too anon any other tips?"
What applications are you running on your Wing? Any extra Today Plugins? It just seems that the Wing uses a lot of memory and I haven't had enough time with it yet to figure it out. I'll let you know when I can get my hands on one again. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Thursday, 7:39 PM EST
Just runnin it how it came, with everything it came with, and with active sync closed...they really need to fix this Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Mazda8
Mazda8
Friday, 3:08 AM EST
I got the program memory maid for this reason. The wing seems to run a whole lot of things. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Saturday, 11:06 AM EST
send me a PM with Memory Maid...It works well or what? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Saturday, 12:03 PM EST
"send me a PM with Memory Maid...It works well or what?"
Here is the link to the MemMaid application:

http://www.dinarsoft.com/memmaid/
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Related Content (what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Navigation
Top Contributors