• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Damaged Screen

Keyword tags: MDA T-Mobile Windows Mobile 6 wing
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Damaged Screen
Nov 1 2007, 8:56 PM EDT
I broke my screen somehow. From what T-mobile customer service told me was that the ink from the plasma is damaged and that I need to send it to the manufacturer's because I don't have the insurance on the phone. Does anyone know if it can be fixed/ or replaced by the manufacturer. It's the Wing. Dam I love d that phone!! 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Damaged Screen
Nov 8 2007, 2:10 AM EST
hollar at these guys, they'll hook you up HTC Out of warranty Repair Program - 1-888-356-2375

peace, dRaNo
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 14 2007, 9:09 PM EST
If those guys can't do if for you, try this number; 888-617-1113. That's the HTC service and repair center. M-F 0900-1800 Eastern time. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 14 2007, 11:46 PM EST
If the repair cost is 50% or less I would have it repaired by the manufacturer.
You might also consider acquireing a screen from the manufacturer & replacing it yourself.
Another option is to search for a parts phone on ebay or somewhere similar.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 30 2007, 5:49 PM EST
Thanks People!!!!! I got it fixed. it took a while but its brand new again!! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 1 2007, 3:02 AM EST
I have a small computer repair business, and often replace the screens for mobile devices,laptops and phones. If you need to send it to me, my rates are reasonable. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you need any information. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 1 2007, 12:22 PM EST
How did you get it repaired??? did the manufacturer's warranty covered it? i broke my wing's screen too and need to get it repaired...anyone knows where to get it cheap other than ebay??? and someone told me i can just use MDA's screen is it true or WING has its own diff.lcd than MDA??? if i can then i would love to use MDA's lcd because its more than 50% cheaper than WING's lcd. you can reach me at [email protected]
Thanks

Anonymous
Dec 16 2007, 6:44 PM EST
Well I called t-mobile and let them know my screen was broke but I didnt have insurance on it. they connected me to HTC repair center. 888-617-1113. That's the HTC service and repair center. M-F 0900-1800 Eastern time. it took about two weeks for them to fix it. they charged me a diagnosis fee and it cost roughly $125 to fix and have them mail it back to me. BUt it works fine. Just the camera is bugging. it wont close or open sometimes.

Anonymous
Dec 17 2007, 2:38 PM EST
hey man i had the same problem, go to youtube.com and type in dash repair, i found a video that show you how to replace the screen yourself and where to order a replacement screen, it cost me about $60.00 and was pretty simple....a lifesaver. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 28 2007, 12:06 AM EST
I just bought a brand new HTC S710. And a week back met with an accident, where the phones display cracked and got damaged on impact . otherwise the phone was working well I am expecting a big bill just for repairing it. Does anyone have an idea... abt how much will it cost me? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 10 2008, 1:31 AM EST
ok, heres an update on my HTC s710 display repair. Currently I reside in india and i gave the phone to the dealer for repairs. and let me tell ya guys HTC SERVICE SUCKS. its been almost a month I gave the phone for repairs now, and i have still not received it, Gave a call to the main dealers located in BANGALORE. The ASM -Karnataka Mr.Rama Krishna R told he can get it done in 20-30 minutes. but its all over a month now. I am really pissed of with this HTC thing now... I recommend anybody buying an HTC phone, Please don't buy it.. as the after sales service really sucks. and is not worth the wait. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 11 2008, 4:36 AM EST
"ok, heres an update on my HTC s710 display repair. Currently I reside in india and i gave the phone to the dealer for repairs. and let me tell ya guys HTC SERVICE SUCKS. its been almost a month I gave the phone for repairs now, and i have still not received it, Gave a call to the main dealers located in BANGALORE. The ASM -Karnataka Mr.Rama Krishna R told he can get it done in 20-30 minutes. but its all over a month now. I am really pissed of with this HTC thing now... I recommend anybody buying an HTC phone, Please don't buy it.. as the after sales service really sucks. and is not worth the wait."
Hey guys! I mailed the HTC team! And I got my phone back within 24 hours of email to the HTC service department. I must take back my word.... HTC service rocks. Except for the local dealer i sent it to.. He was the cause for all the delay. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 21 2008, 7:35 AM EST
Hi, could you tell us where to find this video and where you bought the screen?
Thanks

Anonymous
Feb 2 2008, 9:03 PM EST
can you please tell me where did you get it fixed. thanks

Anonymous
Mar 13 2008, 2:08 AM EDT
"Thanks People!!!!! I got it fixed. it took a while but its brand new again!!"
how did u get it fixed Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 30 2008, 8:53 PM EDT
WING LCD Service and Disassembly Manuals
http://michael-channon.spaces.live.com/

WING LCD Replacement for $55 at
www.blackberry8100parts.com
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 1 2008, 10:45 PM EDT
can you please share the HTC service center number in Bangalore,please please please Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 12 2008, 11:58 PM EDT
HTC (India) Pvt. Ltd. Customer Care

BANGALORE

Name: RT Outsourcing Services LTD.
Address: 2nd floor, Sunbeam 1/1, Langford (Facing Eagle), Langford Town, Bangalore-560 025
Tel: (+91-80-22129351,52,415,29,303)
Office Hours: Monday to Saturday : 9:30a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Sunday and Public Holiday - Closed

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors