• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: A couple questions.

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt HTC TyTN II kaiser tilt
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Emt269

Emt269
A couple questions.
Nov 21 2007, 9:18 PM EST
First question I would like to ask is does anyone know of a program or a way to increase ringtone volume? Second does anyone know a way or a link to a site that can tell how to remove att bloatware without reflashing? Thanks Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: A couple questions.
Nov 21 2007, 9:37 PM EST
"First question I would like to ask is does anyone know of a program or a way to increase ringtone volume? Second does anyone know a way or a link to a site that can tell how to remove att bloatware without reflashing? Thanks"
For the volume, I have not seen anything yet. As for the bloatware, you can do the following:

1. Perform a hard reset. You can do this by going to start\settings\system\clear storage.
2. Follow the instructions to do the clear storage.
3. The device will hard reset.
4. When it resets, go through the basic setup of Windows Mobile (setting the touchscreen, time, date).
5. When you get to the questions about setting up passwords and email, just skip these steps.
6. Windows Mobile 6 will start. Just as it starts, a window will pop up and say "installing customizations in 3 seconds".
7. Right when you see this, immediately do a soft reset. Take your stylus and insert it into the reset hole.
8. This will avoid the installation of all the AT&T bloatware. You will gain about 15MB of storage space in your ROM.

This works fine with no side effects as I have done this on my Tilt. Let me know if you run into any problems.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Emt269

Emt269
Nov 21 2007, 10:50 PM EST
Thanks will try that. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Nov 22 2007, 9:10 AM EST
"Thanks will try that."
Oh I forgot to mention one more thing. If there are specific things you liked in the bloatware, a lot of the CAB files are in My Device\Windows. Just click on them and they will install one at a time. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Emt269

Emt269
Nov 22 2007, 3:15 PM EST
Thank you very much was wondering about that. Now that I know that will have to sync and then try this. Thank you again. Do you find this valuable?    
Youredge
Youredge
Mar 19 2008, 6:08 PM EDT
https://www.myxertones.com/signin/?ReturnUrl=%2fm2%2fhome.aspx when you download the ringer you can listen 5,10 and 15 more decibels, much to high for my hearing even in busy palces. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors