• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: TyTn II GPS and Maps for Middle East

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2 | Next
mabsmohamed

mabsmohamed
TyTn II GPS and Maps for Middle East
Nov 20 2007, 1:09 PM EST
Hi I bought my Tytn II in Dubai and it did not come with any GPS Software. HTC promised to provide it but still nothing - anyone have any word on this please? 9  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: TyTn II GPS and Maps for Middle East
Nov 21 2007, 1:46 PM EST
"Hi I bought my Tytn II in Dubai and it did not come with any GPS Software. HTC promised to provide it but still nothing - anyone have any word on this please?"
If you live in the UAE/Middle east then your losing nothing only 2 apps have middle east maps Route66 and Navigon5 which is not available any more. My TYTN II from AD also did not have the free MN map software only the other apps were on the CD sprite and modem, I think you can find it on XDA delveopers site if you want a copy of the other CD but IMO it's a waste of time 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
mabsmohamed

mabsmohamed
Nov 21 2007, 2:40 PM EST
Thanks so how do I get maps for Mid East for the Tytn II ? 5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 26 2007, 2:29 AM EST
You can contact me for Middle East map for Tytn II, i.e. I-Go, R66, Garmin, Destinator, Navigon 5. [email protected] 0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
MV7944865
MV7944865
Nov 30 2007, 11:48 AM EST
Mine did not have it either but I went back to the dealer and looking at the latest Software Cds we foud it and it works great, Kind of suck that you can only load one map at a time, when you traver from one map to the next it shows nothing on the map that yopu do not have. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 3 2007, 1:48 AM EST
Check this site out if you live or travel to ME/UAE
http://mobilitydubaiforums.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/6141068401
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
mabsmohamed

mabsmohamed
Dec 3 2007, 3:24 AM EST
Thanks what software did they install for you ? 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 1 2008, 7:41 AM EST
I would like to have the required gps map/software for my TyTn 2 as well. Could you guide me. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 5 2008, 12:06 PM EST
"I would like to have the required gps map/software for my TyTn 2 as well. Could you guide me."
can some one help me how to install the maps!! or the software... the dealer doesnt know how to do it!!!pl 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 5 2008, 12:52 PM EST
"can some one help me how to install the maps!! or the software... the dealer doesnt know how to do it!!!pl"
You have to have your TyTN II synced to your computer through ActiveSync 4.5 (Windows XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 (Windows Vista). Once you have synced your device up, start the GPS software you have and it should start the installation process. To help me more, which GPS application do you have? Earlier versions of the TyTN II came with TomTom 6 "Taster" edition, which only includes one city map. I have heard though that they have stopped offering the TomTom 6, but I am not absolutely positive on this. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 10 2008, 12:23 PM EST
"You have to have your TyTN II synced to your computer through ActiveSync 4.5 (Windows XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 (Windows Vista). Once you have synced your device up, start the GPS software you have and it should start the installation process. To help me more, which GPS application do you have? Earlier versions of the TyTN II came with TomTom 6 "Taster" edition, which only includes one city map. I have heard though that they have stopped offering the TomTom 6, but I am not absolutely positive on this. "
the think i dont have installed software for my GPS on my phone. is it on the CD? or how do i get it.... plz help 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 12 2008, 2:40 AM EST
Co-pilot will be released free soon for TyTn II users with middle east maps 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 12 2008, 4:51 AM EST
"Co-pilot will be released free soon for TyTn II users with middle east maps"
Thanks for the update regarding Co Pilot.
Do you have any more details about where and who will provide this software please?
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 29 2008, 1:53 PM EST
"Co-pilot will be released free soon for TyTn II users with middle east maps"
Is there a UAE supplier who knows what they are doing as far as issues such as the co-pilot software are concerned? 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
TyTn II GPS and Maps for Middle East
Feb 10 2008, 6:22 PM EST
Hello, can someone guide where to download or get the GPS software for my Tytn 2 because i don't have an installed software on the phone?. Thanks 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 11 2008, 9:38 AM EST
"Hello, can someone guide where to download or get the GPS software for my Tytn 2 because i don't have an installed software on the phone?. Thanks"
Surely HTC has made some announcement by now abour providing GPS Software for the HTC TyTn II ?

Anyone from HTC reading this please help ? This looks so bad for HTC as a company - selling half ready products, not providing and sales support !

Next time I would not go with HTC for sure !
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 11 2008, 12:51 PM EST
HTC Released CoPilot – Get Your FREE Copy!
Contributed by Mohammed Al-Ashram
Tuesday, 29 January 2008 15:33
This is to confirm the “long awaited” GPS software which we announced here earlier, now it is available at
the following locations…
… I2 Burjuman mall – Bur Dubai I2 Diera City Center – Diera I2 Safeer mall – Diera
Authentec – Khalid bin walid st. Bur Dubai Visit any of thoes locations to receive your free copy of the
DVD. Update: Locations with contact details: Itsalat ( i2 ) show rooms : Airport Road showrooms with main service
centre. 04-2833325 DIC- Nokia 04-3624632 IBN Battuta centre 04-3414442 Sheikh Zayed 04-3324487 Reef Ajman CC Burjuman Mall 04-3525773 Cellucom ( Authentec ) showrooms Country Cellucom Care Bur Dubai Cellucom Care Safeer Mall KSA TBC Qatar Cellucom (Frij Al Nasser Str. Al Mirqab) Salmya Bahrain Oman Makha business Centre, Update Jan 31: To avoid confusion I replaced the topic image with HTC TyTN II running Copilot. Special thanks to Mrs.
Geetika from HTC.
7  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 19 2008, 11:58 PM EST
Someone know a place where is possible to get that DVD (with middle east maps) in Abu Dhabi?
thanks
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 20 2008, 12:11 AM EST
Can we have the contact number /email of HTC Staff Geetika so we can obtain further details thanks 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 20 2008, 2:17 PM EST
Would this also be available in Al Ain? I think HTC can provide a better service to its clients! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors