• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Bogus claims about ROM updates

Keyword tags: alarm when charging bluetooth Mogul wakeup workaround for alarm fix
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Bogus claims about ROM updates
Nov 14 2007, 9:20 AM EST
Does anyone seriously think that this issue is not being addressed by Sprint and HTC? Does any service provider or manufacturer take pleasure in fielding calls about a design flaw? Come on...anyone who has done research on the Mogul and embedded chipset knows getting the BT quirks worked out before the launch date were not a high severity. Every network element, application, feature, etc...has to pass a minimum certification test...the problem is it doesn't take much to pass a minimum cert for BT. It pairs, it's compatible with the profile, it stays connected for 10 seconds...something along those lines.

If you bought a Mogul and your biggest gripe is BT then maybe you should have returned it within the 1st month you had to test it? You could have bought a 6700 back then or a 700wx if your tied to WM OS devices.

Whomever stated a ROM upgrade is not forthcoming until next year is ill advised. HTC and Sprint won't give a set date because the ROM update still has to be certified. I'll but the update is out within the next 2 weeks...and, whomever posted "Important Update - HTC/Sprint can't get Mogul working - allowing you to trade it in for a different phone. For those who are frustrated by the defective Mogul - Sprint confirmed they won't have a firmware update available for the Mogul this year even though the phone has been out for 4 months. They are allowing customers who request it to trade it in for another phone." - THAT IS COMPLETELY BOGUS INFORMATION...DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME - I have comrades at Sprint who confirmed there was never any such communication, and if you lucked out and griped enough to swap to a Touch or some other shotty prosumer device that pails to the features of the Mogul then don't whine about it, it's a PDA designed to compete with an iPhone with no slide out keyboard, or if you went the Treo route then lol you're depending on a PALM, all for BT? I am waiting for the ROM.
6  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Bogus claims about ROM updates
Nov 14 2007, 1:31 PM EST
Sprint's VP already stated (this week) the firmware update won't be out until next year - please try and keep up if you are going to get up on a soapbox and spill bogus info. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 15 2007, 12:57 PM EST
I'm with you anonymous brother (or "anonymous tech-sister" to be politically correct). There is NO phone out there that does all that the mogul does. They made a mistake with the 10/23 ROM, realized it, and reverted. I can live with the BT problem. Especially knowing that they are working to fix it in a near future ROM. I can wait A LONG TIME if I have to, NO problem. I've never been able to tweak a phone as much as this one. The functionality is just too fantastic!!! You can be DAMN sure there won't be any mistakes with the NEXT ROM they release. No reputable company would be that stupid unless they wanted to lose some serious stock ratings!! As the Foo Fighters song goes... I'll Stick Around. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 16 2007, 3:11 PM EST
The fact they're anticipating an early 2008 release date for the new ROM is unacceptable. Why released the Mogul now with all of these flaws? I agree it has a lot of great features, but when a consumer has to pay over $500 dollars for a product the company has to be pretty darn that if the phone has kinks in it, it better be fixed in an expeditious manner. I have a good number of individuals in my network and IT field who're thinking of purchasing this product. I can't recommend it at this juncture until there's a new patch that resolves all these issues! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 21 2007, 8:29 AM EST
BTW...Sprint's VP...who would that be, and where is this annointe announcement? Even if a Senior Executive were to make a claim of a pending ROM upgrade for next year then that's just being smart, so when the ROM update comes out before X-Mas they can bolster that so much pressure was put on HTC to get the update done...yada yada yada...and look like a carrier hero when in fact the carrier shouldn't have to speak to the issue at all since they didn't make the device and don't reap the benefits of the revenue stream from sales of this $500 device. So...who bears the blame? Sprint or HTC? HTC gives the carrier a device with flaws in their chipset and their OEM device knowing that a ROM update will have to come sooner or later. Sprint just certifies that it passed the minimum cert standards and releases the device. Considering the OEM (HTC) gets over 75% of the revenue from the sale of this device let's send feedback to them rather than posting to a WIKI forum...and above all, don't waste your breath by calling or sending complaints to Sprint for certifying a device and releasing it when they were gonna get grilled for not releasing it on time if they chose to wait for a ROM upgrade that HTC has still yet to get cranked out. I love the posts about "$500 device...unacceptable...blah blah blah...they better fix it or I am going elsewhere..." Well, got news for you, cert standards for all carriers are an industry standard, HTC makes devices for other carriers, and above all you had 30 days to test the flippin' phone...if it didn't meet your expectations then you didn't take advantage of the policy and get a device the meets your needs. It cracks me up that people still gripe about kinks in bluetooth, it is a 13+ year old wireless standard, get used to the noise, echo, and interference from EVERYTHING that can screw with a 2.4MHz standard. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 26 2007, 11:35 AM EST
Jerry Adriano is the VP - and do a search for yourself - lazy bastard it is in 4 of the largest pda phone forums. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 29 2007, 2:45 PM EST
Just a quick point. I was fed up with the Mogul, beyond the 30 day period though, and still without any whining on my part, just a brief email explaining the problems I was having with the Mogul, Sprint let me trade it back in, no questions asked. So there is at least some truth in what the poster says about Sprint being willing to swap out phones. It could just be as simple as they really are trying hard to improve their customer service image too. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)