• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Syncing with a Mac

Keyword tags: 8525 AT&T Mac Mogul Sprint
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Syncing with a Mac
Jan 25 2008, 2:38 AM EST
I have an HTC Mogul through Sprint and want to sync it to my Mac. By sync I mean transfer my contact list, pictures, and MP3s in between the two. How do I do that?!?! Please help! 5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
gronnie
gronnie
RE: Syncing with a Mac
Jan 25 2008, 1:07 PM EST
There is no easy *free* way to do this... but you can purchase a very good program called "The Missing Sync" which will do the trick.

http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_windowsmobile.php

Regarding your pictures and MP3s, the easiest way to do that is with a memory card and a USB reader. That's what I use with my macbook and devices and it works like a dream!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 25 2008, 6:52 PM EST
Syncmate by eltima software will do the pretty much the same thing. It is free and is in Beta.

http://www.eltima.com/products/syncmate/
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

[email protected]
Jan 31 2008, 9:27 PM EST
I purchased an iMac and wanted to transfer my data from Outlook using the 8525. I installed Missing Sync on recommendation from this site and I ran into a multitude of problems.

First all of the data went into iCal and Mac Address book a good thing. The contact data made it to Entourage 2008 but only the recurring calendar events were synced with Entourage. Not sure I want to go to all of the trouble of reclassifying all of my calendar categories in iCal to make it work.

The big issue is that during the sync Missing Sync deleted all of the calendar events on the 8525. When I tried to re-sync to see if they would be transfered back to the 8525 I get an iCal error that says I may not be able to sync again. I tried to sync and it won't run.

I contacted:
Apple, no real help with the known issues in iCal,
Microsoft, they were helpful but it became clear that the problem is within iCal and
Mark/Space and they have only sent me a couple of emails about the issue and are telling me its an Apple issue. I requested that they call me but they don't have telephone support.

Does anyone know how to make this work. I was expecting that Missing sync would act as the data agent from the 8525 and get it to the correct places within the iMac so it could sync internally with my calendar/mail/contacts in Entourage.
Do you find this valuable?    
travisleebutton
travisleebutton
Mar 10 2008, 3:28 PM EDT
How do I install the last ROM update on my Sprint Mogul using my Macbook? I use Missing Sync to sync my data but I'm not sure how I am supposed to do the ROM update. Any thoughts? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 1 2008, 7:20 PM EDT
"I have an HTC Mogul through Sprint and want to sync it to my Mac. By sync I mean transfer my contact list, pictures, and MP3s in between the two. How do I do that?!?! Please help!"
all you have to do is click the bluetooth on on the menue bar (imac) and click send file done Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 1 2008, 7:21 PM EDT
"There is no easy *free* way to do this... but you can purchase a very good program called "The Missing Sync" which will do the trick.

http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_windowsmobile.php

Regarding your pictures and MP3s, the easiest way to do that is with a memory card and a USB reader. That's what I use with my macbook and devices and it works like a dream!"
lmao @ no easy free way lol I love my mac all you have to do is click the bluetooth on the menu bar and send file :) Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 20 2008, 1:28 AM EDT
Well, at least for me it was not as easy as clicking the bluetooth button in the menu bar.... it does NOT work... it's not the mac's fault, i guess, but rather the HTC's. if i try to send one contact, the send is successful.... if i try to send more (even only 2), the HTC says "file transfer not complete" or something like this... and the contacts are not transferred. My guess is that this is some sort of hook to get the HTC users buy the outlook license (?!), which seems to be the only way you can transfer more than one contact at once into a HTC phonebook! not fair... Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors