• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Pictures with Text

Keyword tags: Mogul Sprint
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2 3 | Next

Anonymous
Pictures with Text
Dec 13 2007, 2:45 PM EST
Is the Mogul going to have the capibility of sending pictures with text? 8  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: Pictures with Text
Dec 13 2007, 3:38 PM EST
"Is the Mogul going to have the capibility of sending pictures with text?"
Are you talking about MMS ( Multimedia Messaging Service)? That is available on all devices. The only thing you need to be sure of is that you have MMS/SMS plan otherwise, Sprint could charge you per messsage sent/received. 5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 17 2007, 6:09 PM EST
how do you do it? I can only see option to send as an email. thanks 4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 17 2007, 9:45 PM EST
i am trying to figure out how to send a pic with a text message too. can anyone help me out? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
XmovingX

XmovingX
Dec 18 2007, 10:33 AM EST
is the mogul on sprint?
i have the touch and you can send email message pictures, but so far i cant send text (SMS ) picture..
I have tryed everything on the phone and nothing lets me. I have the pro plan for texting,message,internat etc. so i know if i can do it, there is no extra chrage. just would like to know how.
The manual says something about dont it, but i can do it..
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
crazy_like_a_witch
crazy_like_a_witch
Dec 18 2007, 10:46 AM EST
u should just be able to start an mms message as sms is purely for text and animations if enabled on certain devices, then in the picture message you should be able to add text to the message, not the image tho! 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
crazy_like_a_witch
crazy_like_a_witch
Dec 18 2007, 10:50 AM EST
update: you send the picture and i think the way it does it is attatch it to the message, then u r able to write out a message also, not tried and confirmed, just messin with my htc :P 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Dec 18 2007, 12:20 PM EST
To send an MMS, you should be able to do the following:

1. Open Pocket Outlook messaging
2. Hit the right key on the 5 way D-Pad until you see Messages on your Start Bar.
3. Tap the menu key in the lower right.
4. Tap New.
5. Then tap Multimedia Message.

Here is where you should be able to send picture messaging.
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
crazy_like_a_witch
crazy_like_a_witch
Dec 18 2007, 12:24 PM EST
rainman do u hav any idea about my program problem?! Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Dec 18 2007, 1:16 PM EST
"rainman do u hav any idea about my program problem?!"
Which program problem? Not sure if I understand your question. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 18 2007, 6:36 PM EST
i don't seem to have pocket outlook? Do you find this valuable?    
crazy_like_a_witch
crazy_like_a_witch
Dec 18 2007, 6:51 PM EST
sorry that iv taken a while to reply, this is addressed to rainman again, i hav been posting questions about a TomTom satnav program i installed on my tytn2, basically it did not work correctly so iv been trying to get rid of it, i hav got rid of the links, the files, yet for some strange reason my htc keeps running an application that linked the program with me gps, which it cant find, so gives me error notifications 24/7, i am also having problems connecting my htc to my pc, i can explore it but not with mindows mobile device center, it just says error but has obviously recognised that i hav connected my htc, any solutions or theories?!

many thanks
Do you find this valuable?    
crazy_like_a_witch
crazy_like_a_witch
Dec 18 2007, 6:53 PM EST
u sed you can only send emails, well u must be using outlook, u just go into messaging and you have either the choice of mms/sms or outlook messages, outlook being emails. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Dec 18 2007, 10:28 PM EST
"sorry that iv taken a while to reply, this is addressed to rainman again, i hav been posting questions about a TomTom satnav program i installed on my tytn2, basically it did not work correctly so iv been trying to get rid of it, i hav got rid of the links, the files, yet for some strange reason my htc keeps running an application that linked the program with me gps, which it cant find, so gives me error notifications 24/7, i am also having problems connecting my htc to my pc, i can explore it but not with mindows mobile device center, it just says error but has obviously recognised that i hav connected my htc, any solutions or theories?!

many thanks"
Hmmmmm.. how did you uninstall the TomTom program? Did you use the "remove programs" tool in Settings? I'm just making sure I get rid of all variables. As for connecting your TyTN II to your PC, I am assuming you have a Vista computer and are using Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1. I have to think on your syncing problems as I just recently bought a Vista laptop and am still trying to understand all of its nuances. Give me a day or so to figure that one out. Do you find this valuable?    
crazy_like_a_witch
crazy_like_a_witch
Dec 19 2007, 6:10 AM EST
well that is the issue, i cannot uninstall it correctly, the remove programs feature remains empty, so no i did not use that, instead i tried connecting with my pc a day or so after then had the sync problem althjo plug and play features seem to work fine, and yes i do have vista :s lol and yes i am using the software provided with my tytn2, i think vista is overwriting the sync of mobile device center, making my htc plug and play and therefore not allowing mobile device center to work correctly. like i say i have removed all files, all shortcuts, i didnt have to "install" tomtom either, i simply unpacked on my laptop, then put all files in correct locations, and ran the exe's, for some reason the gps one that links tomtom to your gps is executing itself?! i am slightly confused......

thanks for your help!

Anonymous
Dec 20 2007, 5:39 PM EST
how do i send picture text with my new htc touch phone by sprint

Anonymous
Dec 20 2007, 5:41 PM EST
"Are you talking about MMS ( Multimedia Messaging Service)? That is available on all devices. The only thing you need to be sure of is that you have MMS/SMS plan otherwise, Sprint could charge you per messsage sent/received."
sprint said picture text was not offered with the htc touch, what about sending picture text thru email, how is this accomplished

wordman1994

wordman1994
Dec 21 2007, 5:06 PM EST
"Are you talking about MMS ( Multimedia Messaging Service)? That is available on all devices. The only thing you need to be sure of is that you have MMS/SMS plan otherwise, Sprint could charge you per messsage sent/received."
Whoa...have a look at the HTC website. When you view the specs on the Mogul, it clearly states that MMS is not supported on this phone...but it is on the Touch. This grates me since I own a Mogul and don't want a touch screen only phone like the Touch.

Go here and click on the Multimedia tab: http://www.america.htc.com/support/mogul/faqs.html

You will see the dreaded declaration: How do I send and MMS from my device?
MMS is not supported on this device.

So, if y'all know a way around this, I'd love to know. If I find out, I'll post it.

Cheers,

wordman
Rainman76
Rainman76
Dec 21 2007, 7:17 PM EST
"Whoa...have a look at the HTC website. When you view the specs on the Mogul, it clearly states that MMS is not supported on this phone...but it is on the Touch. This grates me since I own a Mogul and don't want a touch screen only phone like the Touch.

Go here and click on the Multimedia tab: http://www.america.htc.com/support/mogul/faqs.html

You will see the dreaded declaration: How do I send and MMS from my device?
MMS is not supported on this device.

So, if y'all know a way around this, I'd love to know. If I find out, I'll post it.

Cheers,

wordman"
Wow.. I didn't think they would remove that feature!! Now that is unfortunate. I am doing some research on this over at XDA-Developers.com, but haven't found anything yet. I'll let you know if I find something. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 22 2007, 12:41 PM EST
I didn't know that this phone had MMS, I say that only because I may be misunderstanding your verbage...however, why in hell anyone would build a smartphone that takes photos and video then NOT build it to run MMS is outright baffling. Again, the Touch isn't my cup of tea as I prefer the Mogul's large keyboard. I am praying to the Gods Of Technology that the brains at HTC will offer a patch or upgrade. Honestly, I love the phone otherwise and have had none of the issues I see griped about here. Hell, I'm with Sprint, a company I used to loathe and despise, but somehow the combo is working quite well for me. Anyway, let's keep this thread alive in hopes HTC will answer our prayers...favorably.

Chao,

wordman
2 3 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)