• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: New Rom...Now GPS is Enabled...NOW WHAT???

Keyword tags: GPS HTC MOGUL ROM UPDATE
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Datplaygurlbunny
Datplaygurlbunny
New Rom...Now GPS is Enabled...NOW WHAT???
Tuesday, 12:16 PM EDT
Since the new ROM update, I still cant find a gps program that will allow you to use the phone's gps, instead of using a GPS reciever. What is a good one besides Googlemaps? I've downloaded the Mapquest Navigator and it doesnt work. I dont understand why sprint would sell it on the site, but wont tell u that you need a gps reciever. Someone help. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: New Rom...Now GPS is Enabled...NOW WHAT???
Tuesday, 4:16 PM EDT
"Since the new ROM update, I still cant find a gps program that will allow you to use the phone's gps, instead of using a GPS reciever. What is a good one besides Googlemaps? I've downloaded the Mapquest Navigator and it doesnt work. I dont understand why sprint would sell it on the site, but wont tell u that you need a gps reciever. Someone help."
Another application is Microsoft's Live Search, which you can get at wls.live.com. As for other GPS applications, most you have to purchase, so it depends on which application you are interested in. Another cool little tool is ChartCross' GPS test. It's a free download that just shows you how many satellites you've locked onto and what your current longitude, latitude, elevation, etc. You can get it here:

http://www.chartcross.co.uk/products/WM00002_details.asp
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: New Rom...Now GPS is Enabled...NOW WHAT???
Tuesday, 10:55 PM EDT
your soooo lucky. I have Bell (yuck) crap rom installed on my ppc6800 Bell (yuck) phone so no GPS for me untill i install Sprints wonder rom. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors