• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Manual Network selectin in Cingular8125

Keyword tags: 8100 8125 A9100 Cingular cingular 8125 qtek qwerty smartphone reviews
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Manual Network selectin in Cingular8125
Apr 27 2008, 4:37 AM EDT
I am using this phone outside USA.
How do i activate the manual network selection.
Thanks
Sid
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Manual Network selectin in Cingular8125
Apr 27 2008, 2:26 PM EDT
well first if network is locked you can only use it with cingular but its going to cost you lost of money per minute.
you can only put a "CINGULAR" sim card if you try to put a sim card from ta carrier of hat country its going to tell you that its not recgnise so there for you cant use it i sudgest going around your city to see who can unlock the network so you can put any sim card from any carrier and there use the I do that it should cost you around 20-30$ but its good cause you can put any simcard.

But if your phone its alreaddy unlocked just purchase the card from any local carrier insert the card on the back of your device and it should pick up the signal automaticly if not go: Start, Settings, Personla, Phone, (second tab to the right) Network. you current provider name should apear if you dont have insterted a sim card its going to say "no network" or "unable to find network" right netxt to it tis "Find network" just click it and select the network desire (remever you can only do this if you have already unlicked your phone and have a simcard from that country in your dvice)
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Manual Network selectin in Cingular8125
Apr 28 2008, 12:28 PM EDT
"I am using this phone outside USA.
How do i activate the manual network selection.
Thanks
Sid"
First we need to know if yourdevice has been unlocked to use another carriers SIM.
Next, what carriers SIM are you trying to use?
Where are you trying to use the device?
If you are using a Cingular SIM in your device and are raoming internationally, your device/SIM will automatically pick up on the "friendly" network if there is one near you.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors